Purrs for Jessie, Please

Old January 11th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Purrs for Jessie, Please

"Cheryl Sellner" wrote in message
On Tue 10 Jan 2006 09:59:12a, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

Jessie is looking a little peaked (her coat is getting ragged
looking and her third eyelid is showing), and after weighing her
I found she's lost quite a bit of weight in the last 3 months
(from 7.65 to 6.8 pounds).
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...y/100_0074.jpg

She had round worms a few months ago (Ben found one - ew!) and
we gave her Drontal. However, we really didn't get the second
Drontal down her throat (it took three adults to hold her and we
tossed it down her throat 27 times until it was all melted), so
I think she may still have them - at least I'm hoping that's all
it is.

The vet opens up in just 5 minutes and I'm going to call for an
appointment. I'll keep you posted, but spare purrs for my little
Jessie would be greatly appreciated.

Purrs for Jessie. Yes, definitely keep us posted!

--
Cheryl

*EVERY* night when I clean the litterboxes Jessie comes running from
wherever she is in the house to hurry up and use the litterbox before anyone
else. Tonight I couldn't get her anywhere near the boxes after I cleaned
them. So I put a litterbox in the cats' bedroom, along with food and water,
and she has to spend the night in there for tonight so I can get a fecal
sample for the vet tomorrow. My poor little Jessie - Ben and I are taking
turns going in there to play with her for a bit.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 11th 06, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Tue 10 Jan 2006 08:05:21p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

(where is the third eyelid and how does it show?)

You can see it in this picture at the inner corners of her eyes
- the grey stuff:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...y/100_0074.jpg

If that's how she looks right now, that isn't too bad. Maybe she's
just a little dehydrated. At any rate, glad she's going in to see TED
since you said she's been losing weight.

--
Cheryl
Old January 11th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cheryl Sellner" wrote in message
On Tue 10 Jan 2006 08:05:21p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

(where is the third eyelid and how does it show?)

You can see it in this picture at the inner corners of her eyes
- the grey stuff:
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...y/100_0074.jpg

If that's how she looks right now, that isn't too bad. Maybe she's
just a little dehydrated. At any rate, glad she's going in to see TED
since you said she's been losing weight.

Yeah, it may just be because her world was invaded by big, smelly d*g things
for 4 months, and she had to run around swatting their noses to keep them in
their places - but she went from 7.65 pounds to 6.8 pounds, which is a
pretty significant percentage of her weight (8% of total body weight(?) -
help me if I'm wrong, I *STINK* at math). She is still eating and drinking
normally, though.

It's probably the round worms coming back again - they're very hard to
eradicate and as I said, we couldn't get the second dose of Drontal down her
throat. If it is round worms again I'm going to do as Helen M. suggested
and ask the vet for Milbemax instead of the Drontal (is there an injectable
medicine for them?). That's why I want to be sure to get a good fecal
sample. The vet tech I talked to said that round worms don't cause weight
loss, but that sounds counter-intuitive to me. They're trying to talk me
into a $75 blood test for kidney disease or diabetes - I said they can do
the blood test *after* we test for the round worms if they're not found - I
would normally just spring for the test, but things are tight and I don't
want to pay that much for something that may not be needed.

Does anyone know if round worms indications will show up in a fecal sample
if there doesn't happen to be an actual worm in the stool (like Ben found -
ew)? If not, how else can they test for them - will a blood test show them?

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
Cheryl

Old January 11th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Not at all sure about the following but.

When we got Kayla (dog) the breeder gave her medicine for worms. I'm
presuming these are roundworms like cats get. Boy did she unload a bunch of
them when we got her home. The medicine was a liquid.

When she unloaded the first ones I mentioned it to Charlie. He asked how I
knew for sure, so I let him clean up the next "sample".

When we took her into the vet last week for her next round of shots they
just took a stool sample directly from her with a plastic thingie. It
looked a lot like the pill pusher they use. Flexible white plastic. Took
it to the back room/lab and came out and total us she is completely worm
free now and didn't need more medicine.

Sending purrs that whatever is bothering Jessie is easy and inexpensive to
diagnose and treat. She has already donated enough of her peace and quiet
and happy home to the cause.

For that matter I think I'll light a candle tonight for peace and quiet and
good health for all the kitties out there.

Jo

Old January 11th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote:

Jessie is looking a little peaked (her coat is getting ragged looking and
her third eyelid is showing), and after weighing her I found she's lost
quite a bit of weight in the last 3 months (from 7.65 to 6.8 pounds).

I hope nothing serious is wrong. Maybe she's just pining for
the dogs. grin Anyway, we'll send along our best purrs for
Jessie's TED visit to be ho-hum.

--

Wayne, with special purrformances by Will and Heidi
Old January 11th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
The vet opens up in just 5 minutes and I'm going to call for an appointment.
I'll keep you posted, but spare purrs for my little Jessie would be greatly
appreciated.

Lots of purrs on the way, let us know how she does.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 11th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:

The vet opens up in just 5 minutes and I'm going to call for an appointment.
I'll keep you posted, but spare purrs for my little Jessie would be greatly
appreciated.

Belated purrs for Jessie.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 11th 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Jessie is looking a little peaked (her coat is getting ragged looking and
her third eyelid is showing), and after weighing her I found she's lost
quite a bit of weight in the last 3 months (from 7.65 to 6.8 pounds).
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...y/100_0074.jpg

She had round worms a few months ago (Ben found one - ew!) and we gave her
Drontal. However, we really didn't get the second Drontal down her throat
(it took three adults to hold her and we tossed it down her throat 27
times until it was all melted), so I think she may still have them - at
least I'm hoping that's all it is.

The vet opens up in just 5 minutes and I'm going to call for an
appointment. I'll keep you posted, but spare purrs for my little Jessie
would be greatly appreciated.

--

We've just opened a fresh can of purrs for Jessie. Waiting for an update.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM