Scented Cat Litter?

Old February 9th 15, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

Default Scented Cat Litter?

"Joy" wrote in message
On 2/7/2015 5:26 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
I don't really understand it. I don't have an overly sensitive nose
but any time I bought (not on purpose!) scented cat litter it made me
flinch. Cats noses are much more sensitive than mine. Who at the
litter factory thought adding perfume is a good idea?

It's like stepping into an elevator with someone who just couldn't
resist using *all* the scented bath products that came in that holiday
gift set. LOL

It's funny to think [people think] cats like perfumed cat litter. I
can't see why they would. I felt horrible the one time I bought Arm &
Hammer litter for Persia. I guess I wasn't paying attention; I
figured baking soda, okay. I didn't realize they had also dumped a
bottle of flowery perfume in it. Yikes!

I see ads on TV for scented cat litter and have to wonder why. Is it
for people who can't be bothered cleaning the litterbox?

What say you? Yay or nay to scented cat litter?

Definitely "NAY"! (I don't buy scented trash bags, either!)

Same here. I also don't buy scented toilet paper.

--

I didn't know there even was such a thing!
No Way!

Sylvia

Old February 9th 15, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Cat's Pride Cat Litter coupons (WAS: Scented Cat Litter?A bit off topic...)

On 2/9/2015 3:23 PM, Sylvia M wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 2/9/2015 1:41 PM, Mike Mayers wrote:
I use Tidy Cat "light" because is light weight. It clumps well and the
slight odor is not too great.

I regularly bought Cat's Pride Fresh & Light *unscented* for my sweet
Persia.

They offered light weight clumping litter well before Tidy Cat came out
with their version. It was less expensive, too. On top of that I could
usually download and print coupons from their web site.

Still can, actually!

http://catspride.com/offers/

If you don't have a printer, contact them and they'll send you coupon(s)
via snail mail.

I bought the unscented litter in the green jug:

http://catspride.com/product-selector/

Very low dust, clumped really well. The jug wasn't too heavy for me to
lift. It also controlled odor very well; then again I always made sure
her litterbox was clean.

Jill

I bought Tidy Cat after reading about it here. Still waiting to use it,
after the last of CostCo clumping litter is gone. The latter litter (LOL)
hasn't been clumping well recently, probably same problem as
mentioned about another brand...same manufacturer???

Cat's Pride Fresh & Light *unscented* sounds like a good alternative.
Where is it sold?

I like the idea of 17 lb vs 35 or 40 lb. I can manage to carry that in from
my auto.

Sylvia

Sylvia, I don't recall where you live. There's a store locator link on
their web site.

I most recently bought Cat's Pride litter at Family Dollar (which is the
closest store to my home). Before that store opened I bought it at the
supermarket. It's right there with all the other cat litter. They also
sell it at PetCo or PetSmart if you have one nearby. They might even
have it at Costco. (No Costco near me.)

When Persia first came to live with me in 2001, what did I know about
cats? Literally nothing. LOL When I first took her in I just ran out
and bought the first cat litter I saw. When it became apparent I was
owned G I think a co-worker recommended Tidy Cat.

There was a PetCo near my office so I stopped and bought a jug of Tidy
Cat. OMG, I could barely lift it!

I honestly don't know how I found out about Cat's Pride. But it's light
weight and Persia liked it and so did I.

They do also make scented litter. That is one thing I will still never
understand.

Jill
Old February 10th 15, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia M[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I'll pick some up at CVS drugstore or Vons market...Many thanks for info.

Sylvia

Old February 10th 15, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

You're very welcome! I hope you and Pit2nya like it as well as Persia
and I did. CVS or Vons would have no problem accepting the coupon. One
more dollar to maybe spend on something else for your sweet cat. Please
give her some scritches for me.

Jill
Old February 10th 15, 01:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

Default Scented Cat Litter? A bit off topic...

On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 1:41:39 PM UTC-5, Mike Mayers wrote:
I use Tidy Cat "light" because is light weight. It clumps well and the slight odor is not too great.

I moved away from scented *anything* years ago. Then I was diagnosed with asthma and found out that I was unconsciously moving away from the very stuff that made me wheeze.

I used to be a huge ScoopAway fan, since the litterbox is in the bedroom and ScoopAway seemed to control the smell the longest. But I recently got a (warehouse-sized) box of Tidy Cat Lightweight (18 lbs intead of 40), and it's WONDERFUL!! So much easier to drag up the stairs to the apartment, and it's even lighter to scoop, so my hands don't hurt so much! I wrote them a very nice review, and I'm definitely sticking with the lightweight from now on. The smell is controlled just as easily, too.

Jane
- owned and operated by the (now snoring) Princess Rita
Old February 10th 15, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 05:06:17 -0800 (PST), Jane
wrote:

[...]

I tried the light stuff but I use the Litter Robot and it doesn't work
well in there so back to the heavy stuff.
Old February 10th 15, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 06 Feb 2015 19:58:48 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
I don't really understand it. I don't have an overly sensitive nose but
any time I bought (not on purpose!) scented cat litter it made me
flinch. Cats noses are much more sensitive than mine. Who at the
litter factory thought adding perfume is a good idea?

You must have a good nose. I can certainly tell that there's perfume, even
well enough that I can tell when one of the cats have been to the box. But
it doesn't make me flinch. Do you get your litter at Sephora?
Old February 10th 15, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 2/10/2015 4:59 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Fri, 06 Feb 2015 19:58:48 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
I don't really understand it. I don't have an overly sensitive nose but
any time I bought (not on purpose!) scented cat litter it made me
flinch. Cats noses are much more sensitive than mine. Who at the
litter factory thought adding perfume is a good idea?

You must have a good nose. I can certainly tell that there's perfume, even
well enough that I can tell when one of the cats have been to the box. But
it doesn't make me flinch. Do you get your litter at Sephora?

LOL no to Sephora. It was the Arm & Hammer brand that practically
knocked me over. I sure wasn't expecting such a strong scent. I even
mentioned it to my neighbor who is owned by Schwartzie. She said she
had the same experience with that particular brand.

Jill
Old February 11th 15, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I can see why light litter wouldn't work well with that automatic arm thing.

Jill
Old February 11th 15, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

This one doesn't have an arm, instead the whole globe thing rotates.
It's very clever.

Those litter maid types (with the rake) are fun to watch because if
there is a particularly big stubborn clump, the rake will bend and
then toss it across the room. Yikes.