Who in the world lives in Norway?!?!

Old January 24th 04, 05:48 AM
Sherry

Oklahoma is...a pan.
Hop, you reminded me of the time my first-grader was playing "beauty shop" with
DH. He was lying on the couch, and she was brushing his hair straight back.
This was when the hairline was seriously receding. She said, "Oh, look. Daddy's
hair looks like Florida."

Sherry
Old January 24th 04, 05:54 AM
Sherry

Steve, is it the Arbuckle (IIRC) maybe an hour outside of Moore? When my
aunt was still alive, as we'd be leaving we always went through there.
I thought the wild cat pens were extremely small. Loved feeding the
llamas and giraffe though.

Grace, we lived in Moore for 13 years. Arbuckle Wilderness is about 2 hours
south. I recall the place very well, and not really in a favorable way. I hated
them keeping the monkey in the gift shop, dressed up like a kid. It just didn't
seem right. The last time we went the kids were very small though--it was a
long time ago. I also remember the youngest kid ate more of the wildlife food
they gave us for the animals than the animals got. Or what they didn't spill
in the car fighting over it. Me--mmmm--ooo--rrriiiies...

Sherry
Old January 24th 04, 06:12 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:10:23 GMT, Tanada
wrote:

Steve Touchstone wrote:

Before I retired from the Army and took up this landscaping business I
used to spend quite a bit of time fishing in the many lakes on the
refuge. I once had a close encounter with a buffalo, which decided it
wanted a drink where I was fishing. I was fishing on the back side of
the lake and heard something crashing through the woods behind me.
There was no way to make a quick escape, so I ended up wading out to a
rock about 10 yards offshore and watched the monster take a long, half
hour, drink before he wandered back through the woods. BTW, since I
took my rod with me I fished off the rock for a couple hours before
coming back to shore.

Yes, but did you catch anything, other than seeing more buffalo than you
wanted?

Pam S.

Well, don't remember if I caughty anything that day or not. Actually,
the fishing on that lake isn't very good, but the scenery is great.
Since my fishing has always been catch and release, I never worry
about much about catching fish, anyway.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 24th 04, 06:44 AM
Marina

"Sherry " wrote
Oklahoma is...a pan.
Hop, you reminded me of the time my first-grader was playing "beauty shop"

with
DH. He was lying on the couch, and she was brushing his hair straight

back.
This was when the hairline was seriously receding. She said, "Oh, look.

Daddy's
hair looks like Florida."

ROFL! Out of the mouth of babes...

Finland looks like the head of an elder woman wearing a funny, two-peaked
hat.

--
Marina

Old January 24th 04, 08:39 AM
Hopitus2

LOL the Florida hair. Monkey in the gift shop! I (probably along with Pam)
would have made a new exit door in that gift shop if I'd seen a loose monkey
(no fear; extreme dislike).
Did the thing ever bite anybody? The reason I really can't stand them is a
childhood memory (don't ever let anybody tell you toddlers won't remember
stuff).

"Sherry " wrote in message
: Oklahoma is...a pan.
: Hop, you reminded me of the time my first-grader was playing "beauty shop"
with
: DH. He was lying on the couch, and she was brushing his hair straight
back.
: This was when the hairline was seriously receding. She said, "Oh, look.
Daddy's
: hair looks like Florida."
:
: Sherry

Old January 24th 04, 08:48 AM
GraceCat

LOL. My best memory is when we stopped at the giraffe, and he stuck his
tongue (LONG!) into the food bucket. Problem was that the bucket was in
my mother's lap, inside the car! Did you know giraffe's have black
tongues

It was fun when I was a kid. If I remember right, the llamas and long
horn cattle had a large roaming space, likewise for the ostrich and
such. But I don't agree with the idea of giving some folks a bucket of
food and letting them in to feed animals indiscrimantely anymore. It
seems too dangerous to me. Some idiot could think it's funny feeding
them other things. Everything else seemed miserably cooped and caged.

Grace

Old January 24th 04, 08:50 AM
GraceCat

OH.. and it's been umm.. ten years myself since I've been through there.
I hope they've changed things.

Old January 24th 04, 11:16 AM

CK wrote:

About the working over in these parts you'd have to check with the
Embassy or Consulate of that country about work visas and residence
permits. Here are the addressess to their websites: [snip]

Thanks!

Joyce