Woman Let's Go Of Cat To Survive

Old September 18th 04, 06:01 AM
Cat Protector

I see my cats as my kids so as a parent I'd risk my life to save them.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message news:sme617x-
If my pets were going to die, I'd probably prefer to be dead
myself. I couldn't live with the guilt of having let them go
to their death.
--
8^(~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998

Old September 18th 04, 06:21 AM
Mary

"Cat Protector" wrote in message

I see my cats as my kids so as a parent I'd risk my life to save them.

Pfft.

Old September 18th 04, 07:21 AM
Mary

I find it disgusting that there are plenty of people like this who take such
a passive view. I can only picture with sadness as this cat is meowing and
meowing as he/she floats (or probably went under the water causing the cat
to drown) down the floodwaters while the human waves goodbye. My only hope
is that this woman does not get another cat.

This is probably dumb of me from a survival point of view but I wouldn't have
let go of the carrier. I would have hated myself for the rest of my life if I
let my kitty go. Of course I was a lifegaurd, on the mens water polo team,
national swim team. To be fair, I wasn't there so I can't really judge how bad
it was BUT she could have at least let the cat out of the carrier. It would
have stood a chance that way. They can swim, probably would have grabbed ahold
of something. So sad.

Old September 18th 04, 07:38 AM
Adam Helberg

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
A woman in this story due to the floodwaters caused by Hurricane Ivan actually let
her cat's cage (yes with the cat inside) go so she could survive. This is horrible.
It just goes to show you that some people care more about themselves in a crisis
situation. Her response about the whole situation of letting her cat go was the
following:

""All of these material things I'm thinking about floating down the river don't
mean a hill of beans," she said. "I do miss my kitty, though."

I find it disgusting that there are plenty of people like this who take such a
passive view. I can only picture with sadness as this cat is meowing and meowing as
he/she floats (or probably went under the water causing the cat to drown) down the
floodwaters while the human waves goodbye. My only hope is that this woman does not
get another cat.

You can read the entire story here.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...d=519&ncid=716

I don't think it's fair for you to make judgements on people in crisis situations in
which their life was at stake, when you're sitting safely by your computer. And as
others have pointed out it would have served no one if all had drowned.

Adam

Old September 18th 04, 07:48 AM
Mary

"Adam Helberg" wrote

I don't think it's fair for you to make judgements on people in crisis

situations in
which their life was at stake, when you're sitting safely by your

computer. And as
others have pointed out it would have served no one if all had drowned.

CP would still be deciding if he had the guts to pee his pants
as they *all* went under.