Sorry for another OT Post (long)

Old November 30th 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cybercat

Default Sorry for another OT Post (long)

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:

I was surprised that America had no welfare provision for single people
who
find themselves in difficult circumstances, out of work.

There are plenty of jobs available. Able-bodied adults are expected to
work in this country.
The problem is people like Jill think themselves too good for menial
jobs and then bitch and moan about "The Mexicans" taking all the jobs
here.

All true. Jill is abusing the system. There are people who genuinely need
food stamps, who are working hard but have too many mouths to feed,
would take any job, but nothing they are qualified for pays enough.

And Jill is not the only able-bodied, lazy **** to do it, either.

You KNOW who you are.

Old November 30th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
-L.

cybercat wrote:

All true. Jill is abusing the system. There are people who genuinely need
food stamps, who are working hard but have too many mouths to feed,
would take any job, but nothing they are qualified for pays enough.

And Jill is not the only able-bodied, lazy **** to do it, either.

You KNOW who you are.

Any grown-ass who has their Daddy take care of them doesn't deserve
public assisatnce. She turns down the house he offers to buy for her
(!!), takes his money every month and then wishes him DEAD. Thenshe
has the gall to go crawling to the government for assistance.
Un-****ing-believable!

-L.

Old November 30th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:

I was surprised that America had no welfare provision for single people
who
find themselves in difficult circumstances, out of work.

There are plenty of jobs available.

Do you live near Jill? If not, how do you know what the job situation is
there? Have you tried to get a job as a 45+ year old woman? (your quote.)
I don't think you have.

Able-bodied adults are expected to
work in this country.

They are here, too. However, our welfare system accepts that sometimes
employers would rather give a job to a younger person that they can pay
less, rather than an older one with lots of experience that sometimes has to
walk with a stick who they perceive might be unreliable with their sickness
record.
Until 2001 I was in good health. Then I started to lose my sight and had
to have a series of eye operations. No sooner was I back at work than I had
to have another operation. I finally went back to work - permanently I
thought - in January 05. In April 05 I was back in hospital with ovarian
cancer. Went back to work 14 weeks later - too soon but I had run out of
sick pay. Now I will be off work again shortly again as my large incision
has broken down and needs repairing in two places.

You seem to be in a good position, Lyn. Your husband can earn enough for
you to stay at home and look after your child.
Single people are in a very vulnerable position if, for whatever reason,
they are unable to work.
Fortunately our government recognises this and will not let us starve. They
give a single person with no savings less than 100 dollars a week to pay
all utilities and buy food - which is expensive here. So we can at least
not die of starvation which would be terribly embarrassing for a welfare
state.

The problem is people like Jill think themselves too good for menial
jobs and then bitch and moan about "The Mexicans" taking all the jobs
here. The truth is the immigrants - illegal and otherwise - form many
countries are willing and able to work jobs - any jobs - to support
themselves and their families. Many work 2 or 3 jobs to do so, walk,
take public transportation, or ride bicycles to work (which you see in
Central CA all the time) because they can't afford cars. Back in the
50's and 60's Americans were willing to do this as well. But we have
lost our work ethic. It's shameful.

And this is quite OK, you think? Working two or three jobs in order to
live, and walking miles to work? Of course it isn't. "That" is shameful.

You do not need to be ashamed of being American. You need to be ashamed of
the judgmental views you expressed here towards another member, and your
foul mouth. Were you drunk, or what?

Tweed

Old November 30th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
-L.

Christina Websell wrote:

Do you live near Jill? If not, how do you know what the job situation is
there?

There are jobs available all over the US. McDonald's pays
$8.00-$16.00/hr depending on where one lives - and they ALWAYS have
jobs open. Temp agencies will take anyone with a HS diploma. If you
pop the term "entry level" into monster.com for Memphis, it pulls up
190 jobs. Surely to God Princess Jill is qualified for at least ONE
entry-level position - where training is provided.

Have you tried to get a job as a 45+ year old woman? (your quote.)
I don't think you have.

I don't need to, and my job status isn't the point. I'm not the one
sucking off society. There are jobs available - Jill just is "too
good" to take them.

Able-bodied adults are expected to
work in this country.

They are here, too. However, our welfare system accepts that sometimes
employers would rather give a job to a younger person that they can pay
less, rather than an older one with lots of experience that sometimes has to
walk with a stick who they perceive might be unreliable with their sickness
record.

You take the job you can get instead of the job you want. Hell, I
wanted the perfect job, too - who doesn't? The truth is I had to
scrape boots for the first year of my career until I could prove myself
worthy of a higher-paying job. I qualified for government cheese and
food stamps but I considered those programs to be for the truly needy -
those families with kids where the kids are in dire circumstances
through no fault of their own. There were times when I ate beans and
peanut butter because that's all I had. You do what you have to do to
get by. Sorry, but I have absolutely NO sympathy nor patience for
someone who lives off their Daddy and the Government, yet has computer
service, PETS (which are a luxury), and buys expensive figurines as
gifts - among all the other niceties she has posted about. No patience
what-so-ever.

Until 2001 I was in good health. Then I started to lose my sight and had
to have a series of eye operations. No sooner was I back at work than I had
to have another operation. I finally went back to work - permanently I
thought - in January 05. In April 05 I was back in hospital with ovarian
cancer. Went back to work 14 weeks later - too soon but I had run out of
sick pay. Now I will be off work again shortly again as my large incision
has broken down and needs repairing in two places.

Medical issues are a problem - if you cannot work due to ill health,
you cannot work. That's not Jill's situation. Here, you would be
either temporarily or permanently disabled, and may qualify for
benefits.

You seem to be in a good position, Lyn. Your husband can earn enough for
you to stay at home and look after your child.

I am also independently wealthy because I invested wisely in my 20's
and 30's. My husband works because he founded the company as an
investment - it's a gamble that may make us multi-millions. He doesn't
have to work - he chooses to. But he's the type who thrives on it. He
never sits down.

Single people are in a very vulnerable position if, for whatever reason,
they are unable to work.

I was single for 36 years. I know exactly what it feels like to be
vulnerable in that manner.

Fortunately our government recognises this and will not let us starve. They
give a single person with no savings less than 100 dollars a week to pay
all utilities and buy food - which is expensive here. So we can at least
not die of starvation which would be terribly embarrassing for a welfare
state.

I agree that a safety net should exist for those who truely deserve it.
Jill has posted about her father forbidding her to take certain jobs,
and about the job requirements she has. How long does one suck off
others before enough is enough? Does the woman have no pride? I would
- and did - wash dishes for a living before I asked a relative to
support me. Hell, vet or kennel assistants make $12/hour or more, and
there is no requirement other than a HS degree. She could care for
cats all day and get paid to do so.

The problem is people like Jill think themselves too good for menial
jobs and then bitch and moan about "The Mexicans" taking all the jobs
here. The truth is the immigrants - illegal and otherwise - form many
countries are willing and able to work jobs - any jobs - to support
themselves and their families. Many work 2 or 3 jobs to do so, walk,
take public transportation, or ride bicycles to work (which you see in
Central CA all the time) because they can't afford cars. Back in the
50's and 60's Americans were willing to do this as well. But we have
lost our work ethic. It's shameful.

And this is quite OK, you think? Working two or three jobs in order to
live, and walking miles to work? Of course it isn't. "That" is shameful.

No, it's not. It's doing what you have to do to get by. People who do
so work their way up quickly and start making more money, and
eventually have to only work one job. A good work ethic is rewarded in
most instances because so few people here have one anymore. What is
shameful is thinking yourself too ****ing good to work a menial job.
Pride is a deadly sin for a reason.

You do not need to be ashamed of being American. You need to be ashamed of
the judgmental views you expressed here towards another member,

I have no problem what-so-ever being judgemental. The woman makes me
sick. Apparently I'm not alone in my assessment.

and your
foul mouth.

I use the entire complement of the English language. If you don't like
it, killfile me - I can assure you, unlike the fragile twits in this
group, it won't bother me one bit.

Were you drunk, or what?

Now that's just silly. Someone uses a word you don't like so you
assume they are drunk. Come, now, you're smarter than that.

For the record, Dearie, I drink maybe twice a year. Not that its any
of your business.

-L.

Old December 1st 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I get it now you had to adopt not because G*D did not want to defile the
gene Poole with more of your sad nature... Your husband keeps moving..
"never sits..." so he can avoid your attention, makes perfect sense why you
use the filth word also, Lee, now ready to killfile and go back to lurkdoms
as this is just boring now
-L. wrote in message
ps.com...

Old December 1st 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
-L.

Stormmee wrote:
I get it now you had to adopt not because G*D did not want to defile the
gene Poole with more of your sad nature...

You are disrespecting everyone who has ever suffered infertility with
your vile comment. In the same vein, maybe God made you blind because
you didn't deserve to see.

You may believe in a ****ty God who ****s up people's lives for fun
but I sure don't. In fact, I'm not sure God exists at all. That's the
only stance that makes any logical sense - logic - a personal
attribute which you obviously lack.

Your husband keeps moving..
"never sits..." so he can avoid your attention,

No dumbass, he's highly motivated - another personal attributwe you
must lack.

makes perfect sense why you
use the filth word also, Lee, now ready to killfile and go back to lurkdoms
as this is just boring now

Still illiterate, I see.

-L.

Old December 1st 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

The fact that you have difficulty in believing in G*D explains a big part of
your sad life to me.

I didn't get the kill file done so I will play...

I did not make my comment to/about the people out there who are infertile I
made it directed specifically at your situation and your lack of feelings as
demonstrated in these thread exempts you completely from that category, and
since my DH is adopted I am very familiar with the entire situation from
both sides, his mother's as an adopting parent and his as an adoptee... and
frankly all I can figure is that you really are rich enough to purchase a
child as your presentation of yourself if anything like you have done on
this group would eliminate you from any legitimate agency.

I guess from your response that you do have areas that are off limits and
not for discussion, what was it you said, if you don't want it discussed
don't put it on Usenet, so that must mean its fine for me to comment on your
fertility or lack of it since you volunteered that you adopted, so what is
the difference between that and Jill's comments about her life... or is your
child not as important as Jill's details. and as to your husband, work
alcoholic is a disease just as drinking or ripping other people and usually
has a cause if not from childhood but from current life circumstances, what
is he so afraid of that he doesn't want to stay at home with you and help
nurture the child you have.

As to my blindness. I am not sure why G*D allowed or intended me to be
blind, and it doesn't really matter, could be I did something wrong in a
former life to deserve it, could be the fact that the experimental
operations I had as a child that allowed me to see for the first twenty
years of my life mad me appreciate what sight is more than I otherwise would
have, could be that I needed to be blind because of the experimental
surgeries I received the group of people who currently receive glaucoma
surgery are given much longer a time to see is enough of a reason, it
really is none of my business, what is my business is to get on with my life
and let it happen without blaming others and with giving compassion and
protection to those less fortunate them I am, Lee

-L. wrote in message
oups.com...

Old December 1st 06, 09:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Stormmee wrote:

The fact that you have difficulty in believing in G*D explains a big
part of your sad life to me.

That's a bit narrow-minded, don't you think? How do you know whether
someone you've never met feels that the lack of a spiritual life is a
problem for her? This isn't for you or anyone else to judge.

Joyce
Old December 1st 06, 11:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
-L.

Stormmee wrote:
The fact that you have difficulty in believing in G*D explains a big part of
your sad life to me.

I didn't get the kill file done so I will play...

snip

Don't bother - I'm done reading idiotic, top-posted, non-punctuated
posts from someone who has no grasp of the English language. You're a
dime a dozen.

-L.