Need Opinions [OT]

Old October 7th 04, 12:23 AM
zaax

In article , CatNipped
writes
My company is merging with another company and I'm doing the web site for
the "new" company. I've never done a web site for this type of company
before (we sell, lease, repair, transport, and rent storage space for
shipping containers - the kinds you see on ships and the "bed" part of
16-wheelers), so I'm a bit lost as to getting the "look and feel" right.
Also, this is a more male-dominated industry so, although I would like
everyone's opinion, I especially need a guy's point of view.

Please, *please* be very honest in your opinions - I'm a web architect and I
do this all the time, so I don't get emotionally involved with my designs.
If a customer tell me "that looks like crap" I just scrap the design and
start over without ever a hurt feeling.

Here's the site: http://www.cgini.com/

Thanks in advance!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Sorry about this.

Lots of words but very little substance

e.g.

[New company name] formed on 1st September 2004, from Global Intermodal
Systems (GIS) and Container Care International (CCI).

[New company name] has 30 facilities and offices located throughout the
United States, Mexico and Costa Rica, .......

Always use the New company name and use it lots.
--
Zaax
http://www.ukgatsos.com
Old October 7th 04, 12:26 AM
Yowie

"CatNipped" wrote in message
My company is merging with another company and I'm doing the web site for
the "new" company. I've never done a web site for this type of company
before (we sell, lease, repair, transport, and rent storage space for
shipping containers - the kinds you see on ships and the "bed" part of
16-wheelers), so I'm a bit lost as to getting the "look and feel" right.
Also, this is a more male-dominated industry so, although I would like
everyone's opinion, I especially need a guy's point of view.

Please, *please* be very honest in your opinions - I'm a web architect and

do this all the time, so I don't get emotionally involved with my designs.
If a customer tell me "that looks like crap" I just scrap the design and
start over without ever a hurt feeling.

Here's the site: http://www.cgini.com/

Looks good, although the "flashing" trucks annoyed me a bit. If they have to
flash, can they stop flashing once I put my mouse over the truck I want to
click? Its kinda disconcerting that you don't know whether you've selected
it or not....

Other than that, looks clean and proffesional. I'll let you know how it
loads on crappy dial-up tonight.

Yowie

Old October 7th 04, 12:31 AM
Annie Wxill

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Here's the site: http://www.cgini.com/
CatNipped

Not a male point of view, but Wow! The home page looks great.
I love the little truck convoy for the tabs, or whatever you call them.
I was looking forward to seeing the other pages, but I guess they are not
ready yet.
Annie

Old October 7th 04, 12:32 AM
CatNipped

Oops, forgot to say, this is just the graphics / layout design - I put the
merger blurb on the front page just as "filler".

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 7th 04, 12:33 AM
CatNipped

"Yowie" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Yowie - yeah, I'm tending to agree with you about the trucks
flashing.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 7th 04, 01:00 AM
Jo Firey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
OK, my boss just said, "those trucks you have on the menu are *not*
container chassis trucks, they're regular semis." !!!????! He must know
what he's talking about, he knew the difference at a glance, but I have

*NO*
idea what he means - and I can't find any pictures of a "container

chassis"
truck!!! *SIGH*

Hugs,

CatNipped

Damn. We had one accross the street last week. Neighbor is moving to
Hawaii and they left the container for several days and just picked it up
Friday. COuld have provided a picture.

Jo