Sharpening nail clippers?

Old May 6th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

Default Sharpening nail clippers?

Can this be done? My set of trimmers are about a year old, they're
for cats..duh : ) they're losing there sharpenss, I have knive and
scissors sharpners and being a cook by training I know how impaortant
is for them to sharp a dull blade is more dangerous because it can
slip, then you do have big problem,,,they type I have has handle like
small scissors...the part you cut nail w/ dips when the blades are
together they over lap each other

anyone know if they can be sharpened? and if so, How?

lynm

There's beauty in the silver singing river, There's beauty in the
sunrise in the sky, But none of these and nothing else can match the
beauty, That I remember in my true love's eyes
~Bob Dylan

Old May 6th 07, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

If you have a local cutlery shop the can do it for you but to be honest for
about the same price you can by a new set.

oups.com...

Old May 6th 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Noon Cat Nick

ensoul wrote:

Can this be done? My set of trimmers are about a year old, they're
for cats..duh : ) they're losing there sharpenss, I have knive and
scissors sharpners and being a cook by training I know how impaortant
is for them to sharp a dull blade is more dangerous because it can
slip, then you do have big problem,,,they type I have has handle like
small scissors...the part you cut nail w/ dips when the blades are
together they over lap each other

anyone know if they can be sharpened? and if so, How?

Many companies which manufacture or sell fancy-schmancy manicure
implements offer either self-sharpening clippers or free professional
sharpening for the life of the product. So I'm guessing that if you
wanna do it yourself, you might find a professional sharpening service
that hones nail clippers, and ask them how it's done.

In any case, nail clippers apparently can be sharpened.

HTH.
Old May 7th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Sun, 06 May 2007 19:44:46 +0000, Noon Cat Nick wrote:

ensoul wrote:

[...]

Noon Cat Nick-- I am fascinated by your moniker. Is there a story behind
it? If so, how about sharing? MLB

Old May 7th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

On May 6, 1:54 pm, ensoul wrote:
Can this be done? My set of trimmers are about a year old, they're
for cats..duh : ) they're losing there sharpenss, I have knive and
scissors sharpners and being a cook by training I know how impaortant
is for them to sharp a dull blade is more dangerous because it can
slip, then you do have big problem,,,they type I have has handle like
small scissors...the part you cut nail w/ dips when the blades are
together they over lap each other

anyone know if they can be sharpened? and if so, How?

Check with your local hardware store. There's an Ace by me that
sharpens tools for $2-3 each.