Purrs for Cleo please

Old March 18th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Purrs for Cleo please

In brief, over the weekend, Cleo had to go to the Emergency vet
because I thought she was having a fit, but it seems that my quiet,
unassuming girl had an abscess in her mouth which burst. It must have
been agony for her. I was in the study when I heard a scream of pain
from a cat. When I rushed to see what was happening, and saw my baby
girl foaming at the mouth having what I thought was a fit. She was
pawing and clawing at her face. I have never been so scared! I rushed
her to the vet (it would have to be out of hours and the ER vet!) and
it turned out that she had an abscess that had burst in her mouth with
very severe gingivitis, ulcers and stomatitis.

Cleo saw Michael, her normal TED, yesterday, and after a long
discussion, he feels that she has some sort of immune disorder which
is causing the stomatitis as her teeth have very little tarter and are
in very good condition. She's got to have a full dental and have her
back teeth removed so that he can get to the gum pockets causing the
inflamation and she also has to have a series of swabs and viral tests
to check for the Calici virus. If it's the Calici virus, she'll need
immune system support, probably with interferon, if it's not, we can
treat it with prednisalone cortiosterodal. She had an FIV/FeLV test
which was negative, so that's one less thing to worry about, thank
goodness.

I'm really, really worried about my girl. This couldn't have come at a
worse time as first it was Barney, then it was Cara, and now it's
Cleo. Hopefully because things come in threes, this will be it for the
time being because my bank balance is in serious shock!!

Please could Cleo have some very major purrs? She has her dental
booked for next wednesday (a week tomorrow) and although I trust my
vet, I'm scared for her. The last time she was *left* at the vet it
was to be PTS because her f*ckwit owner wanted to get rid of her
because she no longer matched the furniture. SERIOUSLY!!!
I just don't want her to feel abandoned again.

Thanks
Helen M

Old March 18th 08, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Healing purrs for Cleo and purrs that her dental visit will be
quick and easy (for both of you).

Debbie

Old March 18th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

wrote in message
[...]

Poor baby. Sounds like the stress of her former life is still haunting her.

Very major purrs on the way that at least this can be handled gently and
calmly for her.

Jo

Old March 18th 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Major PUUUUUUUUUURS sent to Cleo, poor baby.
I hope everything turns out for her okay and that it's nothing serious.
And here's a nice HUG from me to you, sounds like you could use one.
Please keep us posted.
Love
Kyla
--and puuuuurring Clowder.
"Jo Firey"
leopardusweidii

Old March 18th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:29:01 -0700, leopardusweidii wrote:

I'm really, really worried about my girl. This couldn't have come at a
worse time as first it was Barney, then it was Cara, and now it's
Cleo. Hopefully because things come in threes, this will be it for the
time being because my bank balance is in serious shock!!

Purrs from my Cleo to yours - and from the other 5 as well, of course. I
can hardly imagine how frightening that must have been for you and for
Cleo.

Dan
Old March 18th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

wrote in message
In brief, over the weekend, Cleo had to go to the Emergency vet
because I thought she was having a fit, but it seems that my quiet,
unassuming girl had an abscess in her mouth which burst. It must have
been agony for her. I was in the study when I heard a scream of pain
from a cat. When I rushed to see what was happening, and saw my baby
girl foaming at the mouth having what I thought was a fit. She was
pawing and clawing at her face. I have never been so scared! I rushed
her to the vet (it would have to be out of hours and the ER vet!) and
it turned out that she had an abscess that had burst in her mouth with
very severe gingivitis, ulcers and stomatitis.

Oh dear!!

[...]

Big, big purrs on the way.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old March 18th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Poor Cleo. PUrrs and prayers that this gets cleared up
real quickly.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old March 18th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Mar 18, 3:29*pm, wrote:
[...]

Purrs from all of us. puuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr for Cleo
to beat this and to do so without too much trauma. With the help of
her meowmie and some good TED-work, of course.

Will in New Haven

--

Thanks
Helen M

Old March 18th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way.

--
Ann
in Connecticut

*
*
*

Cleo Lois Cat anecdotes 11 August 7th 06 03:29 AM
Posting message for Lois - Purrs for her Cleo Flippy Cat anecdotes 10 August 1st 06 05:52 PM
Cleo has an off day. Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 1 October 14th 05 12:42 AM
Cleo Debra Cat anecdotes 2 July 16th 05 04:02 PM
Cleo-Leo HRFLTiger Cat anecdotes 19 March 3rd 05 11:56 PM