Purrs for Cleo please

Old March 18th 08, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Purrs for Cleo please

wrote in message
In brief, over the weekend, Cleo had to go to the Emergency vet
because I thought she was having a fit, but it seems that my quiet,
unassuming girl had an abscess in her mouth which burst. It must have
been agony for her. I was in the study when I heard a scream of pain
from a cat. When I rushed to see what was happening, and saw my baby
girl foaming at the mouth having what I thought was a fit. She was
pawing and clawing at her face. I have never been so scared! I rushed
her to the vet (it would have to be out of hours and the ER vet!) and
it turned out that she had an abscess that had burst in her mouth with
very severe gingivitis, ulcers and stomatitis.

Cleo saw Michael, her normal TED, yesterday, and after a long
discussion, he feels that she has some sort of immune disorder which
is causing the stomatitis as her teeth have very little tarter and are
in very good condition. She's got to have a full dental and have her
back teeth removed so that he can get to the gum pockets causing the
inflamation and she also has to have a series of swabs and viral tests
to check for the Calici virus. If it's the Calici virus, she'll need
immune system support, probably with interferon, if it's not, we can
treat it with prednisalone cortiosterodal. She had an FIV/FeLV test
which was negative, so that's one less thing to worry about, thank
goodness.

I'm really, really worried about my girl. This couldn't have come at a
worse time as first it was Barney, then it was Cara, and now it's
Cleo. Hopefully because things come in threes, this will be it for the
time being because my bank balance is in serious shock!!

Please could Cleo have some very major purrs? She has her dental
booked for next wednesday (a week tomorrow) and although I trust my
vet, I'm scared for her. The last time she was *left* at the vet it
was to be PTS because her f*ckwit owner wanted to get rid of her
because she no longer matched the furniture. SERIOUSLY!!!
I just don't want her to feel abandoned again.

Thanks
Helen M

I empathize with you! I'm agonizing over having to take Nanki-Poo and leave
him for surgery tomorrow.

Purrs for Cleo, and for you.

Joy

Old March 19th 08, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

In brief, over the weekend, Cleo had to go to the Emergency vet
because I thought she was having a fit, but it seems that my quiet,
unassuming girl had an abscess in her mouth which burst. It must have
been agony for her. I was in the study when I heard a scream of pain
from a cat. When I rushed to see what was happening, and saw my baby
girl foaming at the mouth having what I thought was a fit. She was
pawing and clawing at her face.

Ouch. I went to the dentist today for a dental abscess which would
probably have gone the same way (now taking metronidazole for it).

I had something similar happen a few years ago. I was scheduled to
go to the dentist for an extraction that promised to be difficult
and turned out to be worse, when Ishmael came up to us in bed
meowing horribly and covered in drool. We had no idea what the
problem was, so got him to the vet immediately. Turned out he had
several FORLs and consequent problems, needed several teeth out on
the spot.

So Ishmael and I were back home the same night with problems eating.
Marion decided the appropriate thing for both of us was soft-cooked
chicken. I wasn't that interested in food at all, but Ishmael's
appetite came back a few milliseconds after smelling it. The result
was that he had a permanent craving for chicken in any form and got
*much* more determined to break into the fridge if he knew there was
chicken inside it. It was a battle of wits that went on for years.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====

Old March 19th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

wrote:
[...]

Purrs for Cleo to feel much better soon.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old March 19th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:

In brief, over the weekend, Cleo had to go to the Emergency vet
because I thought she was having a fit, but it seems that my quiet,
unassuming girl had an abscess in her mouth which burst. It must have
been agony for her. I was in the study when I heard a scream of pain
from a cat. When I rushed to see what was happening, and saw my baby
girl foaming at the mouth having what I thought was a fit. She was
pawing and clawing at her face. I have never been so scared! I rushed
her to the vet (it would have to be out of hours and the ER vet!) and
it turned out that she had an abscess that had burst in her mouth with
very severe gingivitis, ulcers and stomatitis.

Oh my goodness, poor Cleo! That sounds really painful, and probably
tasted disgusting, too. Yuck.

I hope she doesn't have an immune disorder, but just has a plain old
infection which can be easily treated. It sounds like it was a bacterial
infection. But maybe that was secondary to a virus?

In any case, purrs for her to feel better soon, the poor thing.

I'm scared for her. The last time she was *left* at the vet it
was to be PTS because her f*ckwit owner wanted to get rid of her
because she no longer matched the furniture. SERIOUSLY!!!
I just don't want her to feel abandoned again.

Christ, what a schmuck. The vet sounds wonderful, though. I mean
he/she must have been the one to decide not to do the euthanasia,
right?

Joyce
--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old March 19th 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default How're you doing? (was: Purrs for Cleo please)

Susan M wrote:

Purrs for you and Cleo on the way.

Hey Susan! How are you feeling? Are you recovering OK from the surgery?
Over the infection?

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Cleo Lois Cat anecdotes 11 August 7th 06 03:29 AM
Posting message for Lois - Purrs for her Cleo Flippy Cat anecdotes 10 August 1st 06 05:52 PM
Cleo has an off day. Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 1 October 14th 05 12:42 AM
Cleo Debra Cat anecdotes 2 July 16th 05 04:02 PM
Cleo-Leo HRFLTiger Cat anecdotes 19 March 3rd 05 11:56 PM