Purrs for Cleo please

Old March 19th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Purrs for Cleo please

wrote in message

I'm really, really worried about my girl. This couldn't have come at a
worse time as first it was Barney, then it was Cara, and now it's
Cleo. Hopefully because things come in threes, this will be it for the
time being because my bank balance is in serious shock!!

Please could Cleo have some very major purrs? She has her dental
booked for next wednesday (a week tomorrow) and although I trust my
vet, I'm scared for her. The last time she was *left* at the vet it
was to be PTS because her f*ckwit owner wanted to get rid of her
because she no longer matched the furniture. SERIOUSLY!!!
I just don't want her to feel abandoned again.

You know you have them as well as our best good health thoughts and wishes
for all of your clowder.

Pam S.

Old March 19th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Poor baby! Purrs on the way that all her dental problems clear up quickly.

Hugs,

CatNipped

wrote in message
In brief, over the weekend, Cleo had to go to the Emergency vet
because I thought she was having a fit, but it seems that my quiet,
unassuming girl had an abscess in her mouth which burst. It must have
been agony for her. I was in the study when I heard a scream of pain
from a cat. When I rushed to see what was happening, and saw my baby
girl foaming at the mouth having what I thought was a fit. She was
pawing and clawing at her face. I have never been so scared! I rushed
her to the vet (it would have to be out of hours and the ER vet!) and
it turned out that she had an abscess that had burst in her mouth with
very severe gingivitis, ulcers and stomatitis.

Cleo saw Michael, her normal TED, yesterday, and after a long
discussion, he feels that she has some sort of immune disorder which
is causing the stomatitis as her teeth have very little tarter and are
in very good condition. She's got to have a full dental and have her
back teeth removed so that he can get to the gum pockets causing the
inflamation and she also has to have a series of swabs and viral tests
to check for the Calici virus. If it's the Calici virus, she'll need
immune system support, probably with interferon, if it's not, we can
treat it with prednisalone cortiosterodal. She had an FIV/FeLV test
which was negative, so that's one less thing to worry about, thank
goodness.

I'm really, really worried about my girl. This couldn't have come at a
worse time as first it was Barney, then it was Cara, and now it's
Cleo. Hopefully because things come in threes, this will be it for the
time being because my bank balance is in serious shock!!

Please could Cleo have some very major purrs? She has her dental
booked for next wednesday (a week tomorrow) and although I trust my
vet, I'm scared for her. The last time she was *left* at the vet it
was to be PTS because her f*ckwit owner wanted to get rid of her
because she no longer matched the furniture. SERIOUSLY!!!
I just don't want her to feel abandoned again.

Thanks
Helen M

Old March 19th 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

I thought "getting rid of the cat because he or she no longer matches the
furniture" was an urban myth!

Purrs for you, Cleo and your battered bank balance

Lesley

Nope, very much not. It actually happened to Cleo, it also happened to
a white deaf persian kitten, who once the owners discovered it was
deaf took it to be PTS because "it wasn't perfect and was faulty" and
they were going to get another one to match their new decor. I know
that story is true because I handled the paperwork in the vets when I
was working there and spoke to the f*ckwits involved (I almost lamped
tham), and I know the vet who adopted him.

Speaking to the ER vet nurse on Sunday when Cleo went for her second
antibiotic jab, the nurse was telling me that they had 2 healthy boy
cats handed in who were now waiting to go into rescue - the owners
wanted them PTS because they were going on holiday and it was a pain
to have to book the cattery and anyway they smelled! I checked on the
boys today, (because I'm soft like that and have offered a foster
space) and they are earmarked for H.E.A.R.T (Home Emergency Animal
Rescue Team) in Bristol for rehoming, thank Bast.

It turns your hair that some people are such a$$holes, and I am
reminded daily as to why I prefer my animals. Having said that, I am
also reminded daily that there are people out their who really do care
for their pets - whilst I was at the vet with Cleo, a guy came in with
his very ill blind dog who has having a diabetic hypo, and he was
lying on the floor cuddling him so the dog wouldn't be scared.

Helen M
Old March 19th 08, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Nice animal-loving men (was: Purrs for Cleo please)

Judith Latham wrote:

wrote:

I am
also reminded daily that there are people out their who really do care
for their pets - whilst I was at the vet with Cleo, a guy came in with
his very ill blind dog who has having a diabetic hypo, and he was
lying on the floor cuddling him so the dog wouldn't be scared.

I like that man whoever he is.

Last night I watched an animal cops show on Animal Planet, and there
was a case of what appeared to be an abandoned chihuahua. The neighbors,
who were concerned about the dog, called it into animal control because
they hadn't seen any humans come or go in weeks.

There was a scene where the animal cops come to visit the apartment, but
there's no one home. The neighbors (the ones who reported it), let the
cops into their place, and the cops climbed out onto the fire escape to
look into the dog-owner's window. Sure enough, there was a skinny, not
very healthy-looking chihuahua, with no sign of food or water. Oh, and
it was about 95 degrees out (35 C).

Then they filmed the neighbor guy talking about why he'd called the
cops, and he started *crying* about how can someone just abandon their
dog to starve to death or keel over in this heat, etc. He didn't make
a big show of it or anything, but it was clear he couldn't talk about
it without getting choked up. I'm sitting there thinking "Marry me!"

BTW, later they finally found the dog's owner and it turned out he
wasn't abandoned, that she was feeding him every day, but the neighbors
never saw her because she worked nights. The dog was in an air-conditioned
room, and he looked a bit sickly because he had suffered from health
problems all his life. He was actually much loved and well cared-for.

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old March 19th 08, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Matthew" wrote in message

Now If I can find a cat lover that does not end up being a nut job I
would be doing good ;-)

Mathew, I'm sorry. All cat lovers are nut jobs.

Pam S.

Old March 20th 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Pam, at first I was a bit miffed by this comment but, guess you may be
right.

Who else would support someone, care for their medical needs, give
undemanding love and, a great deal of the time be totally ignored by the one
receiving all of this attention.

Old March 20th 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Smarty, as soon as I hit send I could see some guy answering "that sounds
like my ex wife. I just knew it would show up!!!!
"Matthew" wrote in message
I thought that was marriage ;-)

Old March 20th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Default How're you doing?

wrote:
Susan M wrote:

Purrs for you and Cleo on the way.

Hey Susan! How are you feeling? Are you recovering OK from the surgery?
Over the infection?

Hey thanks Joyce - the infection is under control and I see the surgeon
again on Monday. After spending last weekend in bed, I am feeling
*much* better and am moving around much more comfortably. OTOH, I have
a complication that 1% of the people get (I mean REALLY!!!) and may have
to have day surgery in a couple of weeks if we can't get it fixed. I
have fingers and toes crossed and cats purring 24/7 for the day surgery
to correct it, if it comes to that.

It's okay though. I spend 4 hours every Monday doing bloodwork and
meeting with my MIL's oncologist and then 4 hours every Tuesday with her
having chemo. It puts everything into perspective and I don't really
have the zip to complain. My MIL is no longer yellow after a successful
stent placement that re-opened her bile duct and she is getting her mojo
back for now. The oncologist calmly suggested to her that she was
welcome to have more than 1 regular Tylenol every couple of days for
pain. If I am *half* the woman that she is at some point, I'll consider
myself lucky.

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Old March 20th 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Susan M wrote:

[...]

Purrs on the way for both of you.

Cleo Lois Cat anecdotes 11 August 7th 06 03:29 AM
Posting message for Lois - Purrs for her Cleo Flippy Cat anecdotes 10 August 1st 06 05:52 PM
Cleo has an off day. Bill Stock Cat anecdotes 1 October 14th 05 12:42 AM
Cleo Debra Cat anecdotes 2 July 16th 05 04:02 PM
Cleo-Leo HRFLTiger Cat anecdotes 19 March 3rd 05 11:56 PM