"The Trouble With Pussy"

Old January 18th 09, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default "The Trouble With Pussy"

http://www.foolangel.com/Projects.html
https://www.fundable.com/groupaction...-18.9121285258

Hey there!

PLEASE BE WARNED, if you are the sort of person that only wishes to
use money to make more of it then more power to you- sincerely -
however this particular opportunity will not be for you. Don’t bother
reading on, it will probably only waste your time. If on the other
hand, you like to support /sponsor the arts and enjoy seeing a small
amount of money make a visible impact and produce a tangible result,
then by all means read on.

Ok, so “what exactly is this guy raising money for?” ..we hear you
ask.. Cut to the chase. The Trouble With Pussy is an 8 minute comedy
film script written by Shane Ward telling a true story of events -
involving a cat, hence the title - that happened (to someone he knows)
a few years ago, will be produced to a broadcast standard and
distributed throughout the world. It was a wise person who said that
truth is stranger than fiction. We think this story bears that out.

“What will I get for this investment?” We hear you ask.. well, the
most important thing of course is that lovely warm fuzzy feeling you
get from having helped birth a bit of light-hearted fun into this
world, and helped nurture up and coming talent. ..and with the large,
magnanimous soul that you clearly posses, this will of course be more
than enough for you and right now you are no doubt already clicking
furiously to get in contact and donate, eager to help another person
realise their dreams.

As for the rest of you - and let's face it, we don't want everyone to
be 'warm and fuzzy' because well.. think about it.. that would be just
plain weird to have all these warm fuzzy people wandering about
increasing global warming and probably static electricity as well -
um.. where were we? Oh yeah, as for the rest of you, there are a few
things you could get out of this:

1) If you donate GBP£50 / USD$100 or over, you will get a place
amongst the stars in the immortal film credits. Imagine that! Pretty
cool huh? Just like Brad and Angelina without all that pesky fame and
wealth. You can jump up in the cinema and point out to your (now very
impressed) friends/family/date that you are in the movie business and/
or when watching it at home, hit pause on the remote and just stare at
it, basking in the warm glow of your newfound celebrity status. All
your friends will start calling you 'Hollywood' and you will have to
start referring to them all as your 'people' (as in "speak to my
people") but hey, that's just show business right?

We should also mention for those real high rollers in the above
category who have shot into credit sequence stardom, that they don't
just get any ordinary credit.. oh no. They have the option to have
their picture next to their name in the credits. Imagine that! There
is one small condition on that however. Ok, two. Firstly, the picture
must be decent quality and 'G' rated. Secondly, you must be holding a
cat.

2) But wait, there's more! Anyone donating more than a mere GBP£25 /
USD $50 gets an authored copy of the film on DvD for their collection
- and autographed by a randomly selected crew member. Imagine that..
you could have a DvD signed by the editor saying something like "Enjoy
the film, it cut like butter!" or maybe the focus puller writing "I'll
never work with cats again!" You see? Some things you just cant put a
price on.

In addition to receiving the collector's edition DvD mentioned above,
those that donate more than GBP£25 / USD $50 will also be invited to a
special theatrical screening of the film held in London, red carpet*
and all.

3) More we hear you ask? Absolutely. For the really generous/self
promoting souls, there is an option where you can donate above GBP£250/
USD$500 and you will receive not only a glorious credit and a special
edition DvD, but a large colour company logo as well to help show the
world just how generous/switched on you are. Cheapest damn advertising
around.

“Where will it be seen?” ..you naturally want to know. Well, our last
short was recently picked up for distribution and will be screening on
platforms such as TV, Mobile, Internet and Cable (UK Digital Cinemas
is possibly also on the cards). Try and get your logo in those places
for cheaper.

So, now that you are dropping things in eagerness to get your wallet
out, you might want to take a look at what exactly you are investing
in. To help you out with this, we have made a portion of the script
available at the following URL: http://www.foolangel.com/TTWP.pdf

So why are we doing this? - Why not?! Fool Angel has other larger more
‘serious’ projects going on in the background but it’s nice while in
development of other things to also make something quick and fun that
people can enjoy. Raising money for short films is hard because a)
they rarely generate any revenue and b) it can take a long time to get
funding handouts from screen agencies who often are briefed to favour
worthy culturally relevant projects etc. We think that is all well and
good, however occasionally you come across a good entertaining little
script that people like and you just want to go and make it. The
people that can afford to support this get to see something they like
the sound of realised and also build a relationship with the producers
that may (one day) actually be financially profitable.

So back to the task at hand. Where does this money raised go to
exactly? The money raised will not fully finance the film to the point
where everyone working on it gets paid like a normal job, but rather
will help grease the wheels of getting it from script to screen.
Everything from Stunt Cat Wranglers (yes this exists) and camera hire
to post production and feeding the hungry crew who will donate their
precious time and energy during filming. Of course if this goes
tremendously well and we raise more than the minimum necessary, then
we will of course write in a car chase and few explosions.. actually
on second thought no, we will just start paying people.

If you are debating as to how much to give..
a) think about how much you spend on a usual Saturday night (one of
those that often leaves you feeling ill on Sunday), that you don't
remember, and where the bits you can recall are often the bits you
would rather forget. Instead, your money could be much better spent on
a film that you and others could enjoy responsibly again and again.
b) good donators are better in bed.. it's true, ask anyone. Stinginess
is never welcomed in philanthropy or sex."
c) giving is better than receiving.. naturally this puts us in the
unenviable receiving position however we hope to give the world an
entertaining film in return so the balance will be restored. Fret not
for our karma.

So now that you are as keen as mustard and ready to go, please help us
raise the minimum GBP£2,000 / USD$4,000 needed to get the production
of this film off the ground and finished to a professional standard.
We would really love your help in achieving this. Either way, please
feel free to forward this link on to any of your friends who might get
a kick out of it so they may also have an opportunity to get
involved.

If you like the idea of it and it sounds like fun, be aware that time
is running out! If we don't succeed in hitting the target before
December (when the film is due to be delivered), then we cannot
proceed and this is a future that I am sure you join with me in
dreading, so please help.

To do so, please get in touch via personal message.

Many thanks,

Shane & The Fool Angel team

* Colour of the carpet cannot be guaranteed