I just lost ALL of my saved posts..

Old May 23rd 09, 10:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default I just lost ALL of my saved posts..

Joy wrote:
"MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot |
com wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
I can only say I know a lot about dogs, chickens and child
protection and will freely offer my knowledge to anyone who thinks
it might help....

OK, I can see why children might need protecting against dogs, but
why would they need protection against chickens? ;-)

You'd know the answer to that one if you read a true story written by
a friend from another newsgroup. It's about a small boy (probably
about two years old) who wandered into a chicken yard wearing only an
undershirt (vest if you're English). The title of the story is "The
Chicken has Found a New Worm".

Joy

The thought of that brought tears to my eyes.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 23rd 09, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Ever seen those little Banty (?) chickens? They are small but the roosters
would take on an elephant and win. They dig in with nails and beat the crap
out of you with their wings while pecking you to pieces.

Old May 23rd 09, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Granby" wrote in message
Ever seen those little Banty (?) chickens? They are small but the
roosters would take on an elephant and win. They dig in with nails and
beat the crap out of you with their wings while pecking you to pieces.

My grandmother used to keep several varieties of chickens. I remember, as a
small child, being warned to "keep my distance" from the banty (bantam)
chickens, especially the roosters. They are gorgeous, but they can display
a rather nasty temper and they have the "resources" to do a lot of damage.
We never had any problems with them, but we did always give them a wide
berth.

MaryL

Old May 23rd 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

wrote in message ...
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I can only say I know a lot about dogs, chickens and child protection
and will freely offer my knowledge to anyone who thinks it might
help....
OK, I can see why children might need protecting against dogs, but why
would they need protection against chickens? ;-)

You'd know the answer to that one if you read a true story written by a
friend from another newsgroup. It's about a small boy (probably about two
years old) who wandered into a chicken yard wearing only an undershirt
(vest if you're English). The title of the story is "The Chicken has
Found a New Worm".

Joy

One of my very first memories as a child is getting my finger pecked by a chicken. I must have been about three and my grandmother took me to her chicken yard and I stuck my finger through the wire -- you guess it. I got it pecked and it hurt!

Old May 23rd 09, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message

If would have to be snail mail, as my E-mail won't take big files.

But I haven't any idea how to get Agent to accept a new file of posts.

Would it be hard to explain to me? I'm not at all computer savvy,
unfortunately.

I'm not sure how to do it either; my expertise is with servers, not so
much with personal workstations. But I'll see what I can learn about the
process. It will probably take me a week or so to get everything
together, but I'll do my best to get as many articles as I can find
restored to you.

Of course if Karla's idea works out we won't have to worry about it.

Dan

I did some research on Agent Forte 1.5 and various possible fixes, then
called in my friend Steve, who is Microsoft Certified.

Gandalf has been emailed the start (and possibly the finish) of the first
leg on this journey. I don't think he'll have any problems, and should be
able to retrieve all of his files.

Yay!

Karla

Old May 23rd 09, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com wrote
in message ...
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I can only say I know a lot about dogs, chickens and child protection and
will freely offer my knowledge to anyone who thinks it might help....

OK, I can see why children might need protecting against dogs, but why
would they need protection against chickens? ;-)

Anyway, here's a scenario for you as regards child protection. What would
you do if you knew of a foster-parent who appears to be drunk when they
have a foster child in their care? Would you talk to the fostering agency
(local council)?

Yes, definitely.

Would it make a difference if it was a one-off, or a repeated occurrence?

The first would lead to some concern and they would be interviewed about it,
it would depend on the circumstances e.g. was there another sober adult
there to oversee the child, how old was the child etc.
As a one off it might lead to unannounced supervisory visits.

Repeated occurrences would probably lead to loss of registration.
The whole idea of fostering is to provide a safe environment for a child who
was not safe with their original parents, after all.

In short, a one-off episode whilst fostering a 15 yo would have a different
outcome to that involving a baby or smaller child.
But yes, if you have concerns about a foster parent, you must report them.
Child protection is everyone's business. Never hesitate in reporting
something that concerns you, we will get to the bottom of it.

We get a lot of anonymous referrals which we treat seriously. Everything is
looked into. Babies crying for long periods, 3 y olds left in cars while
their parents shop, a bruise on a child at nursery. You name it, we get it.
It does not matter if it eventually comes to nothing and there is a good
explanation confirmed by health professionals. (not the car thing, that is a
no-no)
What does matter is that people come forward with their concerns. Unlike
popular belief we do not immediately rush out and take children away from
their parents and we can soon find out what is a malicious referral - very
common in custody disputes, or with a neighbour problem - and what is a real
concern.

Hope this helps.

Tweed

Hope this helps.

Old May 23rd 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

com wrote in message
[...]

If I saw a small child left alone in a car I'd call the police straight
away.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 23rd 09, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

com wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
I can only say I know a lot about dogs, chickens and child
protection and will freely offer my knowledge to anyone who thinks
it might help....

OK, I can see why children might need protecting against dogs, but
why would they need protection against chickens? ;-)

You'd know the answer to that one if you read a true story written
by a friend from another newsgroup. It's about a small boy
(probably about two years old) who wandered into a chicken yard
wearing only an undershirt (vest if you're English). The title of
the story is "The Chicken has Found a New Worm".

LOL! Ouch.

Tweed

That's nothing to laugh at. :-(
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 23rd 09, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On May 23, 1:04*pm, "Adrian" wrote:

That's nothing to laugh at. :-(

Well I laughed! Sorry

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I have 32,000 saved posts... Gandalf Cat community 46 December 12th 08 06:00 PM
lost posts Stormmee Cat anecdotes 3 August 30th 07 01:31 AM
lost posts Stormmee Cat community 0 August 29th 07 07:33 PM
Speaking of lost posts JP Hobbs Cat anecdotes 6 December 22nd 03 01:51 AM
Lost Posts? Gizela Cat anecdotes 25 December 19th 03 04:07 PM