Rude awakening

Old April 24th 05, 03:48 PM
Mishi

Default Rude awakening

Weird things seem to happen when I am half awake. The other night, (about 2
am) I stumbled into the bathroom to take care of some business. I heard a
slight 'thump' but didn't pay any attention to it - I just figured it was
one of my cats coming to 'help' me. I started to sit down, when I felt this
thing... Not sure what it was, I threw myself to the side, sat down hard on
the floor and decided that I needed to turn on the light. My hubby had to
use the toilet plunger earlier, and left it sitting beside the toilet, and
one of the cats had tipped it over so the handle was over the seat. Jeesh!
Of course, I had a couple of cats staring at me like I had gone completely
over the edge! (we know that for a fact! Kiara and Kovou)

Patti and the Bridgeport, NY Crew

Old April 24th 05, 05:52 PM
Pat

"Mishi" wrote in message
Weird things seem to happen when I am half awake. The other night, (about

2
am) I stumbled into the bathroom to take care of some business. I heard a
slight 'thump' but didn't pay any attention to it - I just figured it was
one of my cats coming to 'help' me. I started to sit down, when I felt

this
thing... Not sure what it was, I threw myself to the side, sat down hard

on
the floor and decided that I needed to turn on the light. My hubby had to
use the toilet plunger earlier, and left it sitting beside the toilet, and
one of the cats had tipped it over so the handle was over the seat. Jeesh!
Of course, I had a couple of cats staring at me like I had gone completely
over the edge! (we know that for a fact! Kiara and Kovou)

And the Moral of the Story is: Always keep a flashlight under your pillow!

ROFL....

Old April 24th 05, 06:01 PM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:52:25 -0500, Pat wrote:

"Mishi" wrote in message
[...]

Ever heard of those little night lights? For many years I have had them
all over the house. A neighbor asked me once if I ever slept. I asked
him why he asked that question. He said no matter when he got up at
night he could always see lights on in my house. Those tiny 4 watt
things do show up at night. MLB

Old April 24th 05, 07:15 PM
Pat

news

"Mishi" wrote in message
[...]

Now there's a thought! I guess it didn't occur to me because I have so few
electric outlets. One's inside of a cupboard, another's in a closet in an
unused room, and the other's behind the sofa.

Old April 24th 05, 09:16 PM
Jo Firey

"Pat" wrote in message

news

"Mishi" wrote in message
[...]

What we actually use right now is a dimmer switch on the bathroom light.
It's nice to be able to dim the lights for a relaxing bubble bath. And we
just leave it on very low every night.

Jo

Old April 25th 05, 03:27 AM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 13:15:28 -0500, Pat wrote:

news

"Mishi" wrote in message
[...]

You could leave the cupboard door open at night (why would they ever put
an outlet In a cupboard?). Behind the sofa is where they placed them long
ago -- now they usually go in corners. Any hallways? MLB

Old April 25th 05, 03:31 AM
mlbriggs

"Pat" wrote in message

"Mishi" wrote in message
[...]

This, too, is a good Idea. Last year the power went out at night when I
was in the back bathroom. There was no moon that night, so it was totally
dark. I felt disoriented trying to feel my way out. Now I keep a
flashlight in every room. MLB

Old April 25th 05, 12:57 PM
Pat

Ever heard of those little night lights? For many years I have had
them
all over the house. A neighbor asked me once if I ever slept. I asked
him why he asked that question. He said no matter when he got up at
night he could always see lights on in my house. Those tiny 4 watt
things do show up at night. MLB

Now there's a thought! I guess it didn't occur to me because I have so

few
electric outlets. One's inside of a cupboard, another's in a closet in

an
unused room, and the other's behind the sofa.

You could leave the cupboard door open at night (why would they ever put
an outlet In a cupboard?). Behind the sofa is where they placed them long
ago -- now they usually go in corners. Any hallways? MLB

MLB, it's in the very back/bottom of a (kitchen) cupboard, and being that
it's one of just three outlets in the whole house, it is full already. In
fact it is overloaded. But if I'm lucky I'll find a better place to live on
$580/month with six cats and no road nearby for them to get killed on.

Old April 25th 05, 03:13 PM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:57:54 -0500, Pat wrote:

[...]

Our purrs are with you. Good luck! MLB