Purrs Request for Sootie

Old September 15th 11, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

Default Purrs Request for Sootie

That's such a sad story - life can really suck at times.

At least the poor kitty enjoyed a few months of well-earned pampering.

Art
Old September 16th 11, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:

About 2 years ago the shelter where I volunteer took in a stray cat, who
they named Mrs Tufty. About 2 days after she arrived she gave birth to 3
lovely kittens. The kittens all found homes once they were old enough but
Mrs Tufty remained at the shelter for another 18 months, always overlooked
when someone came to choose a new kitty. She became very withdrawn and
would spend a lot of her time hiding away. My daughter has a friend called
Jill who she brought up to the shelter earlier this year. Jill fell in love
with Mrs Tufty and took her home. It was a perfect match, Jill is an older
lady who is home all day and therefore had lots of time and patience to
bring Mrs Tufty out of her shell. Mrs Tufty was re-named Sootie and did
come out of her shell beautifully, she became a cuddly cat and soon had Jill
perfectly trained to pander to her every whim.

In recent weeks Sootie has been off her food. She has been to the vet
numerous times as antibiotics were not helping so today Sootie went in for
anaesthesia so the vet could take xrays, look down her throat etc.
Unfortunately during the examination the vet has found 3 large cancerous
tumours in her throat so the decision has been made to put her to sleep.

I am so, so sad. This poor little lady had finally found the fabulous home
she deserved yet spent such a short time there. Could I please ask for
purrs for Sootie's safe journey to the bridge, that all her former shelter
buddies there will be waiting to meet her and for Jill's breaking heart?

Poor Sootie, that's so unfair. (Life may be unfair, but that doesn't mean
I can't complain about it!) And poor Jill, I'm really sorry she's going
through this so soon after adopting such a sweet cat.

Joyce

--
The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a
sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. -- Michael McGarel
Old September 16th 11, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Purrs for Sootie and Jill. :-(

--
Adrian
Old September 20th 11, 01:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
On Sep 15, 12:41 pm, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:

I am so, so sad. This poor little lady had finally found the fabulous home
she deserved yet spent such a short time there. Could I please ask for
purrs for Sootie's safe journey to the bridge, that all her former shelter
buddies there will be waiting to meet her and for Jill's breaking heart?

This is too sad for words- obviously purrs on their way

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Thank you everyone, Jill is coping a little better now. She did not know
about the Bridge, I think she found comfort knowing that many furry friends
would be waiting to meet Sootie.

Sharon