Smudgie's New Toy

Old November 22nd 11, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sharon & Smudgie

Default Smudgie's New Toy

Smudgie has a large box of toys, most of which she doesn't like and has
never played with. Everything from dangly toys to ping pong balls - the
only thing she does like is the catnip mice.

The other day I heard her zooming around upstairs so went to see what she
was up to. She had found about a yard of thin ribbon from somewhere, she
probably pilfered it from one of my craft boxes, although I do make sure
lids are on. Anyway, she was having the most amazing fun playing with the
ribbon but I was worried she might try to eat it. I took one of her old
dangly toys and attached the ribbon to it in the middle, leaving two dangly
pieces. She liked it but I figured she would soon grow bored with it. She
hasn't! She sits on the floor next to it until I play with her, if I ignore
her she meows and meows until I play with her. If I ignore her meows she
starts biting my feet and legs until I play with her!

I'm so pleased she finally has a toy she loves, but I'm exhausted ......

Sharon

Old November 22nd 11, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_2_]

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message
[...]

Goofy gets very excited over a simple twist tie landing on the floor.

Old November 22nd 11, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry Stark

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:19:01 -0600, "Matt Ferrari"
wrote:

[...]

Mine love the rings of the milk jugs!! Place with them for hours!!
They are under everything!!

Old November 22nd 11, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Robert Catt

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in message

Smudgie has a large box of toys. The other day I heard her zooming around
upstairs so went to see what she
was up to. She had found about a yard of thin ribbon from somewhere, she
probably pilfered it from one of my craft boxes, although I do make sure
lids are on. Anyway, she was having the most amazing fun playing with the
ribbon but I was worried she might try to eat it. I took one of her old
dangly toys and attached the ribbon to it in the middle, leaving two dangly
pieces.
Sharon

Good move, Sharon. That way she can't swallow the ribbon. It's the time of
year for the annual warning to keep ribbons, tinsel and similar stuff away
from our kitties. They like to eat it for some reason known only to cats.
Years ago one of ours swallowed some tinsel. Fortunately it came out the
other end, but it made a very curious Christmas decoration dangling from a
kitty-bum!

Old November 22nd 11, 10:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Nov 22, 10:19*am, "Matt Ferrari"
wrote:
"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in ...

[...]

Rusty (RB) loved the plastic band that binds the white and yellow
pages
of the phone book.

Winnie
Old November 22nd 11, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Nov 22, 9:30*am, "Sharon & Smudgie" wrote:
[...]

Once Rusty (RB) somehow managed to get out of a covered bin his
favourite
feather toy. More than once I found he got toy or food out of covered
containers.
Don't know how he did it.

Winnie
Old November 22nd 11, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"Sharon & Smudgie" wrote in
:

[...]

She might like the "cat dancer" toy if you attached 2 ribbons to it. Hung
somewhere high, she could play all day by herself.

Bobble
Old November 23rd 11, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:30:18 -0000, "Sharon & Smudgie"
wrote:
She liked it but I figured she would soon grow bored with it. She
hasn't! She sits on the floor next to it until I play with her, if I ignore
her she meows and meows until I play with her. If I ignore her meows she
starts biting my feet and legs until I play with her!

I'm so pleased she finally has a toy she loves, but I'm exhausted ......

I think that's very cute. Betty would never bite, so I didn't know
about the joys of being bitten until Dot and Buster educated me. There
are grooming bites, love bites, playful bites, and playing bites.

Smudgie must be pleased that your crafts skills are finally paying
off.
Old November 23rd 11, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kelly Greene[_4_]

"Matt Ferrari" wrote in message

Goofy gets very excited over a simple twist tie landing on the floor.

That's my Zebulon's favorite toy. A large 10" green twist tie from some
plants. He still plays with it and it's been months.

Old November 23rd 11, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kelly Greene[_4_]

"kraut / larry stark" wrote in message
news

Mine love the rings of the milk jugs!! Place with them for hours!!
They are under everything!!

My cats like them also, and the empty bobbins from the sewing machine. The
scoot around the floor and the cats go wild.