kitty radio

Old February 24th 05, 04:53 AM
John Doe

Default kitty radio

I've been doing this for many years, bringing the outside sounds
inside for my inside only cats. The easiest way is to use a
baby/infant room monitor. You put the microphone part outside a
window or door where it won't get wet, and put the receiver part
inside your room/house. If you know an electronics techie friend, he
(or she) can easily connect the receiver to a powered computer
speaker. That makes a much better sound.

My new male cat, kitty has been here about one year. At the moment he
is lying less than one foot from the speaker with his ear pointing at
it. I think he likes it. They all do. Sometimes it takes some
perception, other times it is easy to tell. Keeping the volume very
low at first is a good idea.

Don't expect inexpensive room monitors to transmit more than 20 or 30
feet. My cheap Fisher-Price room monitor is clear at short range, and
sounds great connected to a computer speaker.

Have fun.

Old February 24th 05, 05:57 AM
John Doe

Tough guy wanna-be, blatant troll.

From: "Mary" marys @catlovernospam.com
Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: kitty radio

Old February 24th 05, 08:09 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

Mary wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message
[...]

Huh? That sounds like a good idea. What's your problem with it?

Priscilla
Old February 24th 05, 08:48 PM
Mary

"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote in message
Mary wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message
[...]

Read Joe's other posts, that precede this.

Old February 24th 05, 10:13 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

Mary wrote:

"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote in message
Huh? That sounds like a good idea. What's your problem with it?

Read Joe's other posts, that precede this.

All I saw was a question about ferals, which I replied to.

Priscilla
Old February 24th 05, 10:16 PM
Priscilla H. Ballou

"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote:

Mary wrote:

"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote in message
Huh? That sounds like a good idea. What's your problem with it?

Read Joe's other posts, that precede this.

All I saw was a question about ferals, which I replied to.

OK, I looked at some others. He seems like an ordinary cat person. He
doesn't like you, but then do you expect everyone to? Your behavior is
a bit outrageous, even you must acknowledge.

Priscilla

Flexible Kitty Fat Freddy Cat anecdotes 38 November 19th 04 05:09 AM
Fisticuffs Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 18 November 18th 04 11:40 AM
Bad Kitty Day Bobcat Cat anecdotes 3 October 24th 04 06:24 PM
Picture of my kitty..... Gandalf Cat anecdotes 22 May 8th 04 04:43 PM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM