Joy, Sorrow, and Joy times Three (or maybe four...)

Old December 26th 08, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

Default Joy, Sorrow, and Joy times Three (or maybe four...)

My brother got me a pair of cuff links with cats on them - just
like these:

http://www.tiewarehouse.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=116&products_id=3405

So, I just *had* to wear them when we went out to Christmas
dinner at a local hotel today. One of the cufflinks fell off at
the dinner table, but I noticed the "missing link", and found it
on the floor.

Walking home, after a little too much to drink, we took two short
detours to view friends' and neighbours' Christmas lights. My cat
radar was operating, and it made my day to be able to give
skritches to a little kitty that I haven't seen before.

So, back home - I was changing my clothes, and noticed a cufflink
missing (again!) - out I went again, with a flashlight, to search
the pavements, re-tracing my steps. Kitty came along for some
more skritches, but no cufflink was to be found :-(

My brother cheered me up though. He gave me a pair of candle
holders in the shape of sleeping kitties :-) So, candles were lit
to celebrate His coming, and to light the way to The Bridge for
all the recent departures. Joy and sorrow there, of course.

But lastly, more joy. As I laid on my bed, something was poking
into my back. What was it? My "lost" cufflink, of course! I was
just about to post on here to ask for purrs that I may find it,
but there's no need now :-))

Happy Holidays,

--
MatSav

Old December 27th 08, 06:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

"MatSav"
My brother got me a pair of cuff links with cats on them - just like
these:

http://www.tiewarehouse.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=116&products_id=3405

I checked the 'link' and I just love them

So, I just *had* to wear them when we went out to Christmas dinner at a
local hotel today. One of the cufflinks fell off at the dinner table, but
I noticed the "missing link", and found it on the floor.

Walking home, after a little too much to drink, we took two short detours
to view friends' and neighbours' Christmas lights. My cat radar was
operating, and it made my day to be able to give skritches to a little
kitty that I haven't seen before.

Awwww Bet it made the little kitty's day too

So, back home - I was changing my clothes, and noticed a cufflink missing
(again!) - out I went again, with a flashlight, to search the pavements,
re-tracing my steps. Kitty came along for some more skritches, but no
cufflink was to be found :-(

My brother cheered me up though. He gave me a pair of candle holders in
the shape of sleeping kitties :-) So, candles were lit to celebrate His
coming, and to light the way to The Bridge for all the recent departures.
Joy and sorrow there, of course.

Those sound beautiful. Yes, Joy and Sorrow.
Light one for Kili/Christy please..she's 'going home' very soon
That's the way I like to prefer to say pass away or die.
She's 'going home'....

But lastly, more joy. As I laid on my bed, something was poking into my
back. What was it? My "lost" cufflink, of course! I was just about to post
on here to ask for purrs that I may find it, but there's no need now :-))

Happy Holidays,

--
MatSav

You gave a lovey happy scritch to an unknown kitty and your
kindness was rewarded...,your missing link was found

Happy Holidays

Kyla

Old December 27th 08, 08:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

"MatSav"

My brother cheered me up.... He gave me a pair of candle
holders in the shape of sleeping kitties :-) So, candles were
lit to celebrate His coming, and to light the way to The
Bridge for all the recent departures. Joy and sorrow there, of
course.

Those sound beautiful. Yes, Joy and Sorrow.
Light one for Kili/Christy please..she's 'going home' very
soon

Of course, she was in my thoughts while the light and warmth was
freely given. There's an obvious parallel.

That's the way I like to prefer to say pass away or die.
She's 'going home'....

Indeed. Were you a Scout? That's what Scouts all around the world
say. There's a scout tracking symbol (perhaps from native North
American?) used to denote this - a circle with a dot in its
centre.

The Christian bible quotes the words of Jesus as "In my Father's
house, there are many mansions..." - so, if one follows that
particular religion, why shouldn't it be thought of as going
home? Scriptures of other religions may have something similar to
tell.

--
MatSav

Old December 27th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

When people have the near death experience, they always talk about the
Light. I often wondered about this until Bob died. His kidneys had failed
and only his heart was still going. Suddenly, he moved his hand, first
movement in days and put it over his eyes. The nurse asked me if I was a
believer in an after life. I said yes and she said "Lean close and tell him
you will be fine and it is ok for him to go toward the light". I did, as
hard as it was and, in seconds he was gone.
"MatSav" matthew | dot | savage | at | dsl | dot | pipex | dot | com wrote
in message ...
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message

"MatSav"

My brother cheered me up.... He gave me a pair of candle holders in the