Kitty Farmcat is not very well

Old April 19th 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Kitty Farmcat is not very well

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
She started sneezing a few days ago, I didn't think anything of it at
first but now there is green gunk coming down one nostril.
She hasn't eaten this evening and is hugging the fire. I guess she can't
smell her food and feels poorly.
She has CRF and cannot afford to not eat. She has never weighed more
than around 4lbs anyway, so she hasn't much reserve on this. I don't
think it's a life-threatening emergency so she will be going to TED on
Monday.
But why is stuff not coming out of both nostrils? That's what I'd expect
if she had an upper respiratory tract infection. I hope she hasn't got a
tumour or something in one nostril.
I know something will get her soon, she is 22 after all. Can you tell I
am panicking?

Of course you are. She is rightfully frail at this point. And you love
her very much.

Lots of purrs on the way.

Usually when we've had a cat with a nose discharge on one side its been a
thistle thing they've snorted or a bad tooth. An ear infection will do
the same thing. Hope it is something they can clear up quickly.

Her ears are fine and there's no way she could have snorted anything up, it
must be 2 years or so since she's ventured more than a few yards outside.
When she does, Boyfie hisses and smacks her back into the house.
If it's a tooth that will be the end of her. There is no way she could take
an anaesthetic at her age and with her CRF.

Anyway, I'll see what the vet says. I hope to get an appt with my favourite
one, Alison. She always goes the distance with the oldies until there is no
hope left (if you want to) She knows KFC.
I was impressed that she remembered micro-chipping Boyfie when he came in
for an antibiotic injection when he was bitten in a fight last year. He is
not exactly a regular attender at TED ;-)
And she never forgets my whippets..gone now. She always mentions them.

Tweed

Old April 19th 08, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 19, 6:01 pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Jo Firey" wrote in message

[...]

At this house we love KFC, and Boyfie, and we will be purring for her
to pull through and have even more wonderful years with you.

--
Will in New Haven

Old April 19th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:
She started sneezing a few days ago, I didn't think anything of it at first
but now there is green gunk coming down one nostril.
She hasn't eaten this evening and is hugging the fire. I guess she can't
smell her food and feels poorly.
She has CRF and cannot afford to not eat. She has never weighed more than
around 4lbs anyway, so she hasn't much reserve on this. I don't think it's a
life-threatening emergency so she will be going to TED on Monday.
But why is stuff not coming out of both nostrils? That's what I'd expect if
she had an upper respiratory tract infection. I hope she hasn't got a
tumour or something in one nostril.
I know something will get her soon, she is 22 after all. Can you tell I am
panicking?

Purrs & prayers would not go amiss for my very old lady.

Tweed

purrs are provided in abundance. Hopefully she will start feeling better
soon, and start eating on her own. If not now after the vet visit on Monday.
Old April 20th 08, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
She started sneezing a few days ago, I didn't think anything of it at
first but now there is green gunk coming down one nostril.
She hasn't eaten this evening and is hugging the fire. I guess she can't
smell her food and feels poorly.
She has CRF and cannot afford to not eat. She has never weighed more
than around 4lbs anyway, so she hasn't much reserve on this. I don't think
it's a life-threatening emergency so she will be going to TED on Monday.
But why is stuff not coming out of both nostrils? That's what I'd expect
if she had an upper respiratory tract infection. I hope she hasn't got a
tumour or something in one nostril.
I know something will get her soon, she is 22 after all. Can you tell I
am panicking?

Purrs & prayers would not go amiss for my very old lady.

Tweed

We are sending the mightiest purrs for the mighty KFC, and for you.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old April 20th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Jo Firey" wrote in message

[...]

Best wishes with the vet. The really good ones are gold. Here's hoping a
bit of antibiotic is all she needs.

Still remember when one of mine was past where we dared to do a full dental
with anesthetic, the vet carefully cleaned some of the teeth by hand while
I held her. And took out a bad one. Less painful for her than leaving it
be and she managed almost another year for us.

Jo

Old April 20th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

Christina Websell wrote:
She started sneezing a few days ago, I didn't think anything of it at first
but now there is green gunk coming down one nostril.
She hasn't eaten this evening and is hugging the fire. I guess she can't
smell her food and feels poorly.
She has CRF and cannot afford to not eat. She has never weighed more than
around 4lbs anyway, so she hasn't much reserve on this. I don't think it's a
life-threatening emergency so she will be going to TED on Monday.
But why is stuff not coming out of both nostrils? That's what I'd expect if
she had an upper respiratory tract infection. I hope she hasn't got a
tumour or something in one nostril.
I know something will get her soon, she is 22 after all. Can you tell I am
panicking?

Purrs & prayers would not go amiss for my very old lady.

Tweed

Purrs on the way for KFC to pull through with flying colors.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old April 20th 08, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:

Purrs & prayers would not go amiss for my very old lady.

Purrs alway available by the bucket-full for our feisty old lady.

Old April 20th 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M[_3_]

Christina Websell wrote:
She started sneezing a few days ago, I didn't think anything of it at first
but now there is green gunk coming down one nostril.
She hasn't eaten this evening and is hugging the fire. I guess she can't
smell her food and feels poorly.

Purrs coming KFC's and your way.

Susan M
Otis and Chester