Hunter Update

Old April 15th 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Hunter Update

He's really settling in now - he loves being able to roam about a bit more
rather than being cooped up in that one small bedroom (we only confine him
there at night). He is playing much more both interactively with me and by
himself with stuffed mice (although when I catch him playing he still gets
startled and crouches down like he's done something wrong. I have to go pet
and praise him for his hunting/playing skills to reassure him that he's not
being a bad boy and doing something he's not supposed to.

He's really anxious to get out and meet everybody. He'll lay at the end of
the hall with his little paws stuck out from under the folding door and
wiggle them and MROW for someone to come play with him. Ozzy is fascinated
with the disembodied paws, he'll sit and stare at them but will not go near
them. Archer hisses at the paws. Sammy gives the paws a WIDE berth when
she passes by. Jessie doesn't deign to go near them (she jumps on the stair
rail and then down two steps when she wants to go downstairs). Demi
completely ignores the paws (I think on the theory that if she doesn't
acknowledge them they'll magically go away). Hunter just keeps wiggling his
paws hoping that somebody will play pawsy with him. Even though he gets
hissed at, he never hisses back and doesn't seem wither aggressive or scared
of the other cats in the house.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old April 15th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

one of the most heart wrenching things for me as a cat person is the
integration/socializing phase when the new cat seems lonely, Lee

Old April 15th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Stormmee" wrote in message
one of the most heart wrenching things for me as a cat person is the
integration/socializing phase when the new cat seems lonely, Lee

Yep, me too. That's why we bought a cheap folding door to put at the end of
the hall so he could at least have some space to run around in to play - I
couldn't stand the thought of him cooped up all alone in that tiny bedroom.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 15th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Stormmee" wrote in message
we don't have that option with 2 fosters right now but it makes sense, Lee

Are they kept together? Ozzy and Archer didn't mind being confined to one
room too much - for one thing they were still young kittens, and for another
they had each other to keep them company.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 15th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

no they came at different times, Barbie is now in the "penthouse" phase" of
integration to get her socialized so she can find a onetruehome, she came to
us starving and was so small we thought she was a kitten, when we got her
well enough and unafraid enough to take to the vet, she is actually almost 2
and was already spayed, she it turns out must have been discarded pretty
soon after her spay because she was so dirty we thought she was cream
colored, turns out she is white. she is very timid and very very bright,
she needs a man to be her slave as she really really likes DH much better
than me, she also needs another cat to be friends with, she could do as an
only cat but doesn't mind Chester the ambassador laying on the penthouse, or
Stormmee playing with her through the bars, she needs one more set of shots
before we can start letting her out for supervised play,

Mattie is a whole big huge project, he came to us a complete matt of fur and
skin sores, we tried shaving him and that didn't work, he was just too
frightened to throw in a carrier and take to a groomer so I have spent the
last month or so picking cutting and combing his fur. He is a complete lap
fungus, a MC wannabe if there ever was one, he has or rather, had more hair
than I have ever seen on a cat, no matter how big, and it was so matted the
only thing I can liken it to is that batting you get to make a quilt or
comforter with. He is now 100 percent matt free and about 85 percent hair
free, it is growing back in, and I think he will soon be confident enough to
take to the vet for an initial check, since he hasn't had any checks he must
be kept totally isolated. He is a totally in tact male, and I think a bit
older, since he had a couple of sores that I wasn't sure were from the hair
issue or bites, I am terrified to let him near the others. He has calmed
down enough now that we will be able to take him soon, however, this is a
very slow time of year for work, and its just now picking up, so when money
gets better, we will get Barbie finished up then take him,

Sorry this got so long, Lee
CatNipped wrote in message
"Stormmee" wrote in message
we don't have that option with 2 fosters right now but it makes sense,

Lee

Are they kept together? Ozzy and Archer didn't mind being confined to one
room too much - for one thing they were still young kittens, and for

another
they had each other to keep them company.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Hunter Update CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 April 6th 08 10:50 PM
Hunter and Melba update Jan 29th Susan M[_3_] Cat anecdotes 5 February 8th 08 09:54 PM
Cat hunter Mermaid Cat rescue 10 June 2nd 04 03:10 AM
My cat the hunter Ablang Cats - misc 14 March 23rd 04 06:33 AM
Update on 'Ed'...my hunter and gatherer IdTattooU Cat health & behaviour 2 July 29th 03 01:55 PM