Got the Dialer!

Old April 7th 14, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Got the Dialer!

On 4/6/2014 10:15 AM, MaryL wrote:
This doesn't sound good. Why don't you contact the manufacturer (or the
seller) and see if they will send you a replacement unit? You have not
had it very long, so it is probably under warranty.

MaryL

I should probably do that. I threw out the original packaging once I
set it up and made sure it was working. I didn't know it was going to
react this way. I do still have the shipping receipt and can print out
a copy of my original order. (I save all that stuff.) I neglected to
fill out and mail in the warranty card. I'll try contacting the seller
and see what they say about it.

Jill

~~~~~~~~
I really like the device I bought. Like yours, there is no monthly fee
or contract. The unit calls directly to 911 and allows me to talk to
the 911 operator. I deliberately did not fill in the warranty card
because the same company that manufactures this also has the type of
service where I would call them in an emergency. My guess is that if I
filled in the warranty card, I would soon receive all sorts of calls
trying to sell me their "full service" (which would mean a monthly fee
and probably a contract). But if I were you, I would definitely call
the seller about the problem you described because it sounds like a
defect that could eventually cause a problem.

MaryL

I'm getting a bit of a runaround. I called the mfg. listed on the
invoice. I told him I bought it from Amazon I gave him the name of the
seller/company. He looked up their number for me. He said they'll most
likely exchange the unit.

I called the seller. They said I need to call the manufacturer.
Arrrgh! I said I bought it from Amazon. Oh! They have an Amazon
department. The guy said she's on the phone and transferred me to her
voicemail. I left a message explaining the problem. Now I'm waiting
for a call back.

I'm glad you like the unit you bought. I was trying to save some money,
lord knows I need to. I wish I'd saved the packaging in case I have to
send this one back. sigh

Jill
Old April 7th 14, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

[...]

~~~~~~
Amazon is very good about accepting defective products, and they pay the
shipping fees in that case. They do normally require original packing
materials, but it might be worthwhile to see if they would make an exception
in a case where the defect was not obvious for awhile. I can send you email
with a telephone number for amazon if that would help. They also have a way
to contact them by email. I have always found it awkward to that because I
end up in a "loop" for two or three times before I finally reach the right
location, but they do respond promptly. I can also send a link for that if
you would like to have it.

MaryL

jill dialer Bastette Cat anecdotes 0 April 4th 14 08:25 PM
jill dialer Mike Mayers Cat anecdotes 2 March 6th 14 04:31 AM