English tea -- and updated pictures of my cats

Old April 18th 14, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default English tea -- and updated pictures of my cats

On Monday, April 14, 2014 2:40:08 PM UTC-7, MaryL wrote:
My paintings are oil on canvas. Here is the link for the album I set up for them: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24540613

WOW! I wish I could paint like that

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 20th 14, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

an amazing cat. You may recall my SO, John, is also an artist. He has a hard time keeping his cat (Precious) away from his paint supplies and canvasses when he's working. At one point Precious, who is a grey tabby shorthair, knocked open his box of paints and she wound up painted green. Only briefly! Jill

Old April 20th 14, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

Whoops about the last post-hot the post button by accident!

"Nikki was rescued from a Walmart parking lot and
was estimated to be 14-16 weeks of age at the time. The president of our
local chapter of Alley Cats Allies asked if I would consider adopting her.
Luckily for me, I said "yes." She was rescued on a Wednesday, spayed and
given a vet check and shots, and I adopted her on Saturday! She did not
even have time to go into foster care before she came to my home."

Isn't it just amazing how much one lucky cats life can change in a few days. Tuesday night- sleeping rough in a parking lot
Saturday night- sleeping in the warm with a full tummy of delicious food

Old April 21st 14, 05:45 AM
GRoberts99 GRoberts99 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryL[_2_] View Post
I went to a lovely English tea Saturday afternoon. A local museum uses the
tea as a fundraiser, and they arranged for a ticket for me to thank me
because they have had a display of a number of my paintings for two months.
It was really a beautiful setting and delicious food. Very enjoyable!

We had a selection of little sandwiches (cucumber sandwiches, egg salad
sandwiches and walnut tea sandwiches), small cakes, warm breads and scones
with clotted cream, lemon curd and preserves, all served on a traditional
three-tier service. Everything was very small, so we could have a variety
without feeling that we were overdoing it. We were seated at small tables
with beautiful linens, fresh flowers, and tea in pretty teapots. Gorgeous
fresh camellias at each table!

I posted this information on one of the cooking groups, and several of them
said they would like to see pictures of some of my paintings. I did not
have pictures organized in one location, but I went through some of my files
and selected several of them. I already had several albums for my cats, so
I also did some editing of those albums at the same time–deleted some
pictures and added some new ones. It really needed to be done because my
wonderful Holly died several months ago, and now I have three cats (Duffy,
Selina and Nikki)

My paintings are oil on canvas. Here is the link for the album I set up for
them:
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24540613
This is a cat group, so here is the link to the home page. If you go to
that location, you could click on any album that interests you.
http://www.picturetrail.com/maryl101

MaryL
-----

You've got beautiful paintings MaryL!