Planning for the Jellicle Ball

Old September 9th 11, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_10_]

Default Planning for the Jellicle Ball

Yes, Pi2nya, yoo wud beh vury gud at dat. ai dunt gnow Azuz, at awl, but ai
m shure hum wud dew uh gud job at kalling uff da namez.
Wyl ai beh styl abul tew hulp Piglett wif da guezt buk? ai hab bin wooking
furwurd tew doing dat. Der wuz sun toking ubaowt dat.
Ranger, hoo jest asked meh if ai wud wike tew beh hiz date, erm, eskort
meh, sez hym wud hulp meh wif dat ulso. Pipps

efur of ursef wuld be gud atit, anna sinz azid iz kallin da namez anna
piglette iz takin kare off da guezt buk we iz awmozt der... OEJ

"Pi2nya AKA Sweetee"
Ho kay, fur neow,, sinze Rebecca haz hur notez frum lazt yeer, an did
sutsh uh gudgud jop, I wyll hewlp hur in anyway I yam gneedid, an wyll see
dat da mikrafon iz lugt in an woikink, an as GPB, I kud du da welkum
opinink. At sunnyset, du yu awl tink?

Du yu tink dat diz wyll woik?
--
Pitô.ônya, GPBah

"Storrmmee" wrote in message
ahh anna hersef dida gud job awso, Trudi
"Pi2nya AKA Sweetee" wrote in message
Ya kno, I fink dat Iif I rememfurr rite, My SIL, Rebecca, wus
MC last yeer, Purrhapz she wud lyke tu du so ahgin diz tyme?
--
Pitô.ônya, grayshuzlee

"Pi2nya AKA Sweetee" wrote in message
Be-furr I uhgree, I wyll go bak an chek da arkifz. I dunt beleef dat
LL did diz.
I tink it wuz sumkittee attid da temple. I wyl reesertsh an get bak tu
yu.
{thinks...I'll awlzo cut-an-pazte whut da MC sez...if I kan.}
--
Pitô.ônya

"Gramby" wrote in message
Piglett looks around the table. The mancats are so full from eating
and drinking, they apear to be in a catatonic stuper. She turns to
P2nya. Az diz iz ur firdst Ball as Grand PooBah I finkz u shud be da
MC. In da pasdt koouple of yearz, I haz sat aat da guest table to
greet all da kitties. If U wud like, I wud be glad ta do dat diz
year. I would suggest dat a kpule of ofther kitties, Maybe Barbi anna
Pipps and one of da sisters sits dete too ta learn how it goez and den
each year some ofther cats kan join so bentuallie anycat can do da
Job. She looks at Wascal, iffin I du diz wud u be dere to geet da
mancats wiff minesef?

"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message

Kitties, I have been thinking for a little while that it's getting to
be
time to do some planning for the Jellicle Ball. There is only one full
moon in October, and this year it falls on October 12. Coincidentally,
received a mysterious e-mail a couple of days ago that ties directly
into
this subject.

The email in question comes from an account identified as "The Temple
of
Bast", but I have been unable to verify where the sender is. All of my
investigation has led me nowhere. Well, actually it has lead me to too
many places. Sometimes my traces get as far as Mew York City before
they
disappear, sometimes they go through Egypt, sometime through Ireland,
but
they always disappear before I get final confirmation of where the
sender
is. Even my best Internet investigator, Samuel Redcat, can't follow
the
mail packets to their true origin.

Anyway, the message I got says that there is a tribe of cats who are
priests and priestesses of Bast, and they live at a Temple of Bast
that
has never before been visited by the Community. They have heard of our
Jellicle Ball, and they would love to serve the world-wide catmunity
by
hosting this year's Ball.

According to the email there is an ancient Egyptian monument in
Central
Park called Cleopatra's Needle. This obelisk was originally erected in
the Egyptian city of Heliopolis on the orders of Thutmose III, around
1450 BC, then was moved to Mew York City's Central Park in 1880. It is
located just across the drive from the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Supposedly the inscriptions on the obelisk will give us directions to
this Temple of Bast.

I think this could be at least an interesting exploration. I believe
I'll
go to Mew York and check out the inscriptions. Would anyone care to
join
me?

Amelia

Old September 9th 11, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_10_]

Oh dear, weh awl hoap hur surjeree goze umkay Rebecca. Wehh kan uze da
speshul purr rheum at meh n MeOwys
big home tew purr fur hur n yes, weh noe dat yoo n Sundance wyl tayke gud
kare uff hur wen hur komez hoam.
Dunt wurry, iffen yew need innyfing at awl , jest kall une uff usses...datz
wat frends r for,
n ai fink ai speek fur awl uff usses. . Luffs Mosey n MeOwy

datsa bigbig dezizin anna kan be dangeruz, but i iz sure you anna sundanze
will takez gud kare of hersef so she will be fine anna ifin when she findz
owtta day we kan all purr fur hersef... OEJ, eyein soft

"Rebecca"
I wud do myown bestest, but derez sumfing I fingkz I shud tell yurownselfz
now. Fur almose a yeer, Meowmie haz bin purrparin to hav surjeree agin, and
yesfurday she finded owt dat she haz bin apurrooved to go see da surjeree
TED. I duznt know when da surjeree will be, but it will purrobly be sumtime
later dis yeer.

Da surjeree iz to make herownself less fluffy. She wud be in da hospittle
fur a fyoo daze, and den I duznt know how she will be when she gitz home.

Rebecca, putting on a brave face, but a bit concerned

Old September 9th 11, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

Storrmmee wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

Trudi sees her furnd annwafez I iz so gwad ursef kuld come Trudi

'HaiHai! Trudi! Tri sum of dis cod-n-cream dish. Iz very gud! Did
you escape dem wadder monsters mostly? Dey made so much here, it
woulda been ovr mai head inna the street iffin I wuz still inna the
OUT.'

Daisy-chan delicately shivvers then snags a small dish of sourcream and
smoked salmon and adds a little to her plate and offers it to Trudi.
In seconds they are both purring helplessly as smoked lox invades every
flavor bud they have and comes alive. The dish rapidly travels the
table as kittahs see the 2 with eyes half mast licking every morsel up.

Mario Cattali sees the dish only make it 1/2 way down the table and
silently signals the staff to bring more.

Trudi and Daisy-chan come back to the world from total sensation to
hear the others planning and listen intently.

Old September 9th 11, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Two Sisters

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 05:02:59 -0700, Rebecca wrote:

I wud do myown bestest, but derez sumfing I fingkz I shud tell yurownselfz
now. Fur almose a yeer, Meowmie haz bin purrparin to hav surjeree agin, and
yesfurday she finded owt dat she haz bin apurrooved to go see da surjeree
TED. I duznt know when da surjeree will be, but it will purrobly be sumtime
later dis yeer.

Da surjeree iz to make herownself less fluffy. She wud be in da hospittle
fur a fyoo daze, and den I duznt know how she will be when she gitz home.

Rebecca, putting on a brave face, but a bit concerned

Well den,

Yoo tell yur meowmie dat boff ob usses an owr hooman will be purrink fur
her!
--
Purrs,

Cybèle & Oriane

“I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by little, the
cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

9/9/2011 6:53:41 PM
Old September 10th 11, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

rite now da midwezt iz short of wtermonzterz, juzt today iza furzt mezurable
rain in a long long time... anna today itz beree kule so soft haza winnerz
opin wiffa nize breeze, Trudi injoyin herown fudz
news

Old September 10th 11, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

If yur Meowmee wud emayle da notes tu meee,
den I wyll be reddy tu djump in enny tyme, an dunt yuz wurree,
me an mine 'krew:
Grand Pooh-Bah ... Pi2nya
Vice Grand Pooh-Bah ... Mosey
Assistant Vice Grand Pooh-Bah ... Sundance
Deputy Assistant Vice Grand Pooh-Bah ... PookyKat

Prezident uf Catmerica ... Sapphire Samurai
Vice Prezident ... Booker
shud be abul tu handul it juzt fyne (wiff yur gnotez).

Den yu can catzentrayte on yur Meowmee getten betterererer.
--
Pitô.ônya
I tink yu hab meowmeez emayle

Old September 10th 11, 09:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca[_2_]

How bowt if I postz dem heer insted. Heer iz da notez I kud find, but I mite
find mor.

============
Prepurrashun
============

Find venyoo wif enuf rum to set up eetin area an buffay tabulz. Arranj fur
katerin an fud serviss

Arranj fur a In area wif glass walls an seelin so dat kitteez dat duznt like
da Out kan vyoo da Rainbow Brij apeerintz

Set up tabulz an wif da speshul irrydessint tabulklofz an dinnerware wif
ranebow dezinez (doze fingz iz stored at da Fluffykitz warehowse). Also set
up kushinz fur kitteez dat purrfurz dem.

Invite kitteez an frenz uv kitteez dat mite not kum to da komoonitee furry
offin, like da 2nd whirled kitteez

Make shur we knowz hoo iz gonna do sertin fingz, like the openin speech,
first an final callin uv namez, etc. (Da tribyootz iz spotin... spaneus...
We duznt plan hoo duz da tribyootz, dey juss happinz when kitteez iz
motyvated to do dem.)

===========
Serrymoniez
===========

Arrivul an greetin uv gestz an sinin da gestbuk

Openin speech, followed by first callin uv namez

Tribyootz

Gatherin uv kitteez at midnite to vyoo da anyooul apeerintz uv da Rainbow
Brij an departid luvved wunz (Datz midnite komoonitee time, not hoomin
time -- it happinz after most uv da tribyootz)

Singin uv Cat Anjil, wif respontz frum kitteez at da brij

Klozin speech (opshunul), an finul callin uv namez

Den I haz sumfing noo planned -- nuffin big, juss sumfing I fingk wud be a
nice addishun to owrown tradishunz

Uv korse, ongoin fru awl uv dis iz soshulizin an eetin -- bof buffay an
tabul serviss

HTH,
Rebecca

Old September 10th 11, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Two Sisters

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 20:01:26 -0500, cshenk wrote:

Quietly Daisy-chan has ported in and curled up on a spare cushion
across from Cybele. She winks at Amelia and passes a sweet purr at
Mario Catalli with a delicate tail flirt.

'I'z verrry much likings dis cod n sweet cream dish Mario! Such a deft
paw wif the seasonings! I think it would go verry nice wif a kalua and
cream?' says Daisy-chan

Cybèle: Yes, dis iz a lubbly dinner!

Oriane: Is you going to com wif us later to look at da venu fur da Jallicle
Ball?

--
Purrs,

Cybèle & Oriane

“I love cats because I take pleasure in my home; and little by little, the
cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

9/10/2011 12:15:42 PM
Old September 10th 11, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
cshenk

The Two Sisters wrote in rec.pets.cats.community:

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 20:01:26 -0500, cshenk wrote:

Quietly Daisy-chan has ported in and curled up on a spare cushion
across from Cybele. She winks at Amelia and passes a sweet purr at
Mario Catalli with a delicate tail flirt.

'I'z verrry much likings dis cod n sweet cream dish Mario! Such a
deft paw wif the seasonings! I think it would go verry nice wif a
kalua and cream?' says Daisy-chan

Cybèle: Yes, dis iz a lubbly dinner!

Oriane: Is you going to com wif us later to look at da venu fur da
Jallicle Ball?

' Oh yes, maiself iz planning to be der anna verry interested in how it
all wurks! Iz like to help but iz new to it all. Cybele, did yurself
get anny of dat smoked salmon and sour cream? OHHHH! gudgudgud! I
think dat cute man kittah Mario iz making more' says Daisy-chan

Old September 10th 11, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

afur we eatz den i thinkz dat we iz gowint a luk at sum stuff, Amellia iz in
charg of dat i thinkz, petunia, iz awso here... juzt come along fur da ride
anna ursef willz see how itsef all wurkz... mayhapz one of da lezz deliqwint
sekatareez will pozt some linkz so ursef can read abowt some pazt balls...
awso der will be hoominz anna kittez whu readz or haz read/pozted here inna
pazt, but duzint beree ofin, but mozt of doze houses stop in sometime durin
da ball, OEJ

Jellicle Ball Granby Cat community 3 October 16th 08 11:04 PM
Jellicle Ball: Phantom and Misty Head for the Ball [email protected] Cat community 0 October 15th 08 07:07 AM
Jellicle Ball: The Story of the First Jellicle Ball [email protected] Cat community 16 October 22nd 06 05:07 AM
Jellicle Ball: You Need a Ball Committee [email protected] Cat community 48 October 8th 06 05:25 AM
Jellicle Ball Ray or Fran Cat community 11 September 7th 05 03:37 AM