MAIL CALL!

Old January 10th 06, 04:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Wendy's Chili (WAS: Mail Call!)

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 20:21:23 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

I worked with a
programmer who put himself through college working at Wendy's. Granted,
this was 25 years ago, but they had what was called the "chili pot". Any
burger that got dropped on the floor, burned, was sent back due to an
incorrect order, etc. went into the chili pot.

I can attest to that. My son worked at Wendy's as a teenager and
told us much the same thing. He is now a vegetarian.

Jeanne
Old January 10th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default MAIL CALL!

"jmcquown" wrote in message
NMR wrote:
At least he was a man and admit he wanted food instead of booze. You
did the right thing but you should have got some chili for yourself
:-)

Matthew

I make better chili than they sell at Wendy's

Jill

No doubt! I've seen some of your dishes and descriptions. Yummy!

Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old January 10th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Pamela Shirk" wrote in message
nk.net...

wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

Evelyn, that was MY post. Copy/pasted after being looked up on

Google,
no
doubt. I have no idea why this person decided to re-post my post

about
my
buying lunch for a homeless person. Just another example of because I
asked
NMR to not top post, the trolls are crawling back out of the woodwork.
seem to attract them like flies.

Hey, I think that post made you look pretty good - compassionate and
willing to help someone. So if the troll was trying to hurt you by
reposting that, they failed.

Not only did it make you look great Jill, but it is a good reminder to all
of us to have compassion for those we see on the side of the road, so to
say. Even a troll wannabe can post good from time to time.

Pam S.

Oh please. It is utterly disgusting to toss a crumb to a desperate person
then post about it so every halfwit here says "good for you!"

Ugh. Where were you people hatched?
You do good in order to do good, not to display it and
get "points" for it.

No wonder so many of you have so much to whine about.
Anyone who would make that kind of post--or think that post
reflects well on the one who made it--has been raised in an
environment so hideously impoverished with regard to morality
and just plain decency that they are way beyond any help.

Ugh. ugh.

ugh.

Old January 10th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

cybercat wrote:

No wonder so many of you have so much to whine about.
Anyone who would make that kind of post--or think that post
reflects well on the one who made it--has been raised in an
environment so hideously impoverished with regard to morality
and just plain decency that they are way beyond any help.

Ugh. ugh.

ugh.

I don't see how it can get any clearer
the real obstacle is that people don't want to hear this

You have spent your arrows in vain my precious my love

****em if they can't take a joke

arrogance comes so easily, thank the Lord im not like him or her
to delight in anothers misfortune, all the while time and chance baby
is dealt to everyone

i could have been born a poor black child in Africa...

I get so sick of Jill a talented soul...meatloafing around this
newsgroup
But you could never talk her out of her complacency and mediocrity
because you have to build someone up for them to wanna make a
difference to make a change...

ah, they are not true my delight, they are not true to themselves

Old January 10th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

SuperSugarCrisp wrote:
I'm hot, sweaty, irritated with my family and a little weary.

Barry, hon, Jill is the least of the objectionable here.

Besides, it's "Ani-mail call!"

-L.
(Cinnamon Toast Crunch)

Old January 10th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

I worked with a
programmer who put himself through college working at Wendy's.
Granted, this was 25 years ago, but they had what was called the
"chili pot". Any burger that got dropped on the floor, burned, was
sent back due to an incorrect order, etc. went into the chili pot.

I can attest to that. My son worked at Wendy's as a teenager and
told us much the same thing. He is now a vegetarian.

Jeanne

I'm not a vegetarian, but I enjoy a decent bean soup made without beef. And
I never did like Wendy's chili even *before* I knew what they did to add
flavour to it! LOL

Jill

Old January 10th 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

cybercat wrote:

Oh please. It is utterly disgusting to toss a crumb to a desperate
person then post about it so every halfwit here says "good for you!"

And who is harmed by this behavior?

Ugh. Where were you people hatched?
You do good in order to do good, not to display it and
get "points" for it.

People do good for all sorts of reasons. And as long as what someone
offers me really is helpful, I don't give a damn what their motives are.

Anyone who would make that kind of post--or think that post
reflects well on the one who made it--has been raised in an
environment so hideously impoverished with regard to morality
and just plain decency that they are way beyond any help.

OK, suppose this is true. I'm not saying it is. But suppose it is. Is
this someone's fault, what kind of environment they were *raised* in?
What kind of warped mindset tries to hold people responsible for how
their parents behaved when they were children?

Why don't you save your righteous moral indignation for something worthy
of that response? Such as child abuse, animal neglect, invading sovereign
nations without provocation... and not try to analyze people's motives for
doing something nice, in the hope of discovering some minor imperfection
you can attack? Nobody's motives are pure, except maybe yours, of course.

Joyce
Old January 10th 06, 06:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yoj wrote:

That brought tears to my eyes, Jill. I'm glad you did that. I think you're
right about his pride.

Joy

your a lying asskissing sack of ****

Old January 10th 06, 09:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:

SNIP

Jill

let your giving be done in secret

if you sound a trumpet before you, then you got your reward.
a nice pat on the back. pat pat pat...want some more? here...pat pat
pat

let your good deeds be done in secret...this way, your heavenly father
will see them and reward you openly

try it sometime
good luck