Handmade felted wool cat bad

Old January 12th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Handmade felted wool cat bad

Well, after the first attempt at one of those knitted cat beds, my
mom got frustrated with trying to felt it. It wouldn't felt! She
wrote to the owner of that web site that was mentioned here, and
she recommended a brand of wool for it. She said the knitting part
was fun, and went quick. The felting took two washes, and left
fuzz in the washing machine, but she was thrilled at how it came
out. She was bound and determined to make this! She said she
has to make 3 more for my other cats, and 2 for my sisters cats,
but I told her the one is fine, and that they'd share it (they
will, too. They rotate cat beds). She's going to make one more,
but I know it had to have been expensive.

Here it is! I won't see her for another week, but I told her as
soon as I see a cat in it, she's getting a picture.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shambo...e2.jpg&.src=ph

--
Cheryl
Old January 12th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-01-11 19:23:26 -0600, Cheryl Sellner
said:

Well, after the first attempt at one of those knitted cat beds, my
mom got frustrated with trying to felt it. It wouldn't felt! She
wrote to the owner of that web site that was mentioned here, and
she recommended a brand of wool for it. She said the knitting part
was fun, and went quick. The felting took two washes, and left
fuzz in the washing machine, but she was thrilled at how it came
out. She was bound and determined to make this! She said she
has to make 3 more for my other cats, and 2 for my sisters cats,
but I told her the one is fine, and that they'd share it (they
will, too. They rotate cat beds). She's going to make one more,
but I know it had to have been expensive.
Here it is! I won't see her for another week, but I told her as
soon as I see a cat in it, she's getting a picture.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shambo...e2.jpg&.src=ph

Cool.

Gorgeous color! Someone showed me how to knit over Christmas. I still
suck at it and I only know how to do straight lines. I swear, I'm
printing out instructions and taking them to a knitting class. I really
want to know how to do those.

Old January 12th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cheryl Sellner" wrote in message
[...]

Hey girl...thats really awsome!!
I love the color too...very nice idea!
My MoonShadow is still sleeping in his 'spoiled' bed!!
Lil stinker thinks he is king in that bed..it's so real looking, just like a
bed.
I need to get it together now that things have settled down in life again
and get a yahoo photo album together and show my 'owner' off also
YF~~ CS

Old January 12th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed 11 Jan 2006 08:54:59p, Karen wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
(news:2006011119545927590%kchuplis@alltelnet):

Gorgeous color! Someone showed me how to knit over Christmas. I
still suck at it and I only know how to do straight lines. I
swear, I'm printing out instructions and taking them to a
knitting class. I really want to know how to do those.

I used to know how to knit. I need to get a refresher so I can make
some of these! They'd make great gifts. And would be good for a
silent auction we do every year. From what I hear, it's all knitted
as a single piece, looks sort of lopsided, but should be an easy
learner project. If you get the right materials, it should be
easy. Wrong wool, and you end up with a flad bed. Like my mom's
first try. Oh, they'll like it anyway.

--
Cheryl
Old January 12th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Wed 11 Jan 2006 09:03:39p, CountryStuff wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
):

Hey girl...thats really awsome!!
I love the color too...very nice idea!
My MoonShadow is still sleeping in his 'spoiled' bed!!
Lil stinker thinks he is king in that bed..it's so real looking,
just like a bed.
I need to get it together now that things have settled down in
life again and get a yahoo photo album together and show my
'owner' off also

Hey! Happy new year to yas! Yup, need more pics of MS~ and his bed.

--
Cheryl
Old January 12th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl Sellner wrote:
[...]

Wow, Cheryl - it's beautiful! It wouldn't be hard to knit, just time
consuming, unless you are a quick knitter (I'm not). I think the brand
of yarn you use makes a lot of difference. She picked a really pretty
color!
-L.

Old January 12th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl Sellner wrote:
Well, after the first attempt at one of those knitted cat beds, my
mom got frustrated with trying to felt it. It wouldn't felt! She
wrote to the owner of that web site that was mentioned here, and
she recommended a brand of wool for it. She said the knitting part
was fun, and went quick. The felting took two washes, and left
fuzz in the washing machine, but she was thrilled at how it came
out. She was bound and determined to make this! She said she
has to make 3 more for my other cats, and 2 for my sisters cats,
but I told her the one is fine, and that they'd share it (they
will, too. They rotate cat beds). She's going to make one more,
but I know it had to have been expensive.

Here it is! I won't see her for another week, but I told her as
soon as I see a cat in it, she's getting a picture.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shambo...e2.jpg&.src=ph

Wow, that's really nice! I should make one of those for Vino. I wonder
if you could crochet it instead? I only know how to crochet, not knit.
Although I could probably learn knitting if I tried. Is there a site
with the instructions?
I actually just finished a crochet sweater that I've been working on for
over 2 months. Whew! big project complete, great feeling :-)
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old January 12th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl Sellner wrote:

Here it is! I won't see her for another week, but I told her as
soon as I see a cat in it, she's getting a picture.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shambo...e2.jpg&.src=ph

It's very nice! My niece gave me a knitted catbed for Yule, but I
haven't brought it home yet because of the ringworm. I'm not bringing it
home until the cats are declared absolutely free of it, so as not to
contaminate the bed.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 12th 06, 10:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:
Cheryl Sellner wrote:
[...]

Ok, I looked online for this cat bed and found this site:
http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybedgallery.htm
I love all the pics of the kitties in their beds! I *so* want to make
one now!

Old January 12th 06, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

Oh that is *excellent*. Your mom is very talented (I wish I were "handy"
and could do stuff like this!).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped