Handmade felted wool cat bad

Old January 12th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Handmade felted wool cat bad

On 2006-01-11 19:23:26 -0600, Cheryl Sellner
said:

Well, after the first attempt at one of those knitted cat beds, my
mom got frustrated with trying to felt it. It wouldn't felt! She
wrote to the owner of that web site that was mentioned here, and
she recommended a brand of wool for it. She said the knitting part
was fun, and went quick. The felting took two washes, and left
fuzz in the washing machine, but she was thrilled at how it came
out. She was bound and determined to make this! She said she
has to make 3 more for my other cats, and 2 for my sisters cats,
but I told her the one is fine, and that they'd share it (they
will, too. They rotate cat beds). She's going to make one more,
but I know it had to have been expensive.
Here it is! I won't see her for another week, but I told her as
soon as I see a cat in it, she's getting a picture.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shambo...e2.jpg&.src=ph

Cool.

Gorgeous color! Someone showed me how to knit over Christmas. I still
suck at it and I only know how to do straight lines. I swear, I'm printing
out instructions and taking them to a knitting class. I really want to
know how to do those.

Do you know where I could get the pattern for these?

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 12th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message
news
http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm

Do you know where I could get the pattern for these?

Thanks! But, oh my, that's a *LOT* more complicated than what I can do
(knit and purl in a single row with two needles).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 12th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:27:14 +0700, "badwilson"
wrote:

I wonder
if you could crochet it instead? I only know how to crochet, not knit.

I found a crochet pattern at
http://www.moonarts.com/blog/free_pa...cozy-print.htm
but it's not felted.

Was going to add this, but it's knitted also.
http://webhome.idirect.com/~quanah/patcatb.html

However, going with the info from that site, one might be able to adjust
the crocheted pattern above. They made their circles 25" before
felting, so couldn't one just keep going on the crocheted version making
sure the bottom is 22" before starting the sides? Add three inches or
so, and then felt. This site said 22" unfelted equals 15" felted. It's
been so long since I've crocheted, I'm not sure if this would work or
not.

Found Crochet for Pets links at
http://home.inreach.com/marthac/pets.html
No kitty bed. :-( However, they do have a link to kitty weed toy.

L.
Old January 12th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:05:02 +0700, "badwilson"
wrote:

Ok, I looked online for this cat bed and found this site:
http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybedgallery.htm
I love all the pics of the kitties in their beds! I *so* want to make
one now!

On this page, Manchego’s kitty pi is crocheted and felted.

L.
Old January 12th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu 12 Jan 2006 01:28:35p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm

Do you know where I could get the pattern for these?

Thanks! But, oh my, that's a *LOT* more complicated than what I
can do (knit and purl in a single row with two needles).

Does it look hard? I haven't looked at it because it wouldn't mean
anything to me until I get a refresher. Actually, all I've ever made
are scarves!

--
Cheryl
Old January 12th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu 12 Jan 2006 12:22:59a, Marina wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

It's very nice! My niece gave me a knitted catbed for Yule, but
I haven't brought it home yet because of the ringworm. I'm not
bringing it home until the cats are declared absolutely free of
it, so as not to contaminate the bed.

I don't blame you! Hopefully they get a clean bill of health very
soon. Do they have to be dipped any more?

--
Cheryl
Old January 12th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Cheryl Sellner" wrote in message
On Thu 12 Jan 2006 01:28:35p, CatNipped wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm

Do you know where I could get the pattern for these?

Thanks! But, oh my, that's a *LOT* more complicated than what I
can do (knit and purl in a single row with two needles).

Does it look hard? I haven't looked at it because it wouldn't mean
anything to me until I get a refresher. Actually, all I've ever made
are scarves!

To me it does, but then I've never learned anything except knit and purl -
two needles, no circles (or "rounds" as they call them here).

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Cheryl

Old January 13th 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I was looking around yesterday and I think it could be done in
crochet easily. Just crochet the same size as the knit one and then
felt. I guess the big trick with it is to get the right kind of wool
that felts. Here in Thailand, I have the problem of the language
barrier so it's hard to ask advice like that of a store person. Maybe
I'll have to wait until we get to Australia to begin this project.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old January 13th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

badwilson wrote:

Here in Thailand, I have the problem of the language
barrier so it's hard to ask advice like that of a store person. Maybe
I'll have to wait until we get to Australia to begin this project.

Well, certainly in Australia, wool will be plentiful!

Joyce