Home in one piece :o))

Old January 13th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Home in one piece :o))

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:08:21 +0000 (UTC), "Helen Miles"
wrote:

Hi folks,

I've collected him and we're home. )

I have to say that Virgin Atlantic were EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD in their
handling of Robbie. There was also a pet dog on Robbies flight, who like
Robbie, is scared of men. Virgin staff at Washington Dulles contacted
London Virgin staff who arranged for an all female crew to pick the
animals up from the plane. They also made sure that the only people
handling Robbie at the Animal Reception Center at Heathrow were women.

I was informed by the Virgin Pet-Liaison guy that yesterday Virgin flew
their 5000th animal into Heathrow. Apparently out of all 5000 animals
Virgin have not had a single animal health or paperwork problem because
their requirements and procedures are so stringent. I can't recommend
Virgin highly enough.

Robbie is now busy exploring my study, where he'll stay for the next
24hrs to settle and relax, and then I'll slowly reintroduce him to the
rest of the guys over the weekend. Thanks for all the wellwishes and
purrs - they definitely helped because everything went very smoothly and
without any hitches whatsoever.

Helen M

Wonderful! I'm so glad he got home so well.

If I ever make it to England, I'll have to be sure to check out
Virgin. That's great they went to all that trouble for the animals!

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old January 13th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:391d1e84d598b2215f04f45be9e85076.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
Hi folks,

I've collected him and we're home. )

I have to say that Virgin Atlantic were EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD in their
handling of Robbie. There was also a pet dog on Robbies flight, who like
Robbie, is scared of men. Virgin staff at Washington Dulles contacted
London Virgin staff who arranged for an all female crew to pick the
animals up from the plane. They also made sure that the only people
handling Robbie at the Animal Reception Center at Heathrow were women.

Wow! That is outstanding! I suspect that very few companies would go that
far. I will certainly keep Virgin Atlantic on my "good list".

Joy

Old January 13th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:
Hi folks,

I've collected him and we're home. )

Yay! Welcome home, Robbie!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 13th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

So glad to hear Robbie is home without undue stress. Hurrah!
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old January 13th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

[...]

Such great news! We're delighted for Robbie and you. Thanks for the great
information about Virgin and how they treat animals.
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin
Aggie Marble
Victor Velcro

Old January 14th 06, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Yay, great news! I hope all goes as well with Vino when the time comes.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old January 14th 06, 08:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Hooray! I'm happy to hear that Robbie's long trip over the pond went so
smoothly. Even with that, the poor fellow's bound to be bewildered at
all the unfamiliar sights, sounds and smells around him in his new
home, and the absence of familiar hoomins.

Give him an ear scritch from me!

Melissa

Old January 14th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Helen Miles wrote:

Hi folks,

I've collected him and we're home. )

I have to say that Virgin Atlantic were EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD in their
handling of Robbie. There was also a pet dog on Robbies flight, who like
Robbie, is scared of men. Virgin staff at Washington Dulles contacted
London Virgin staff who arranged for an all female crew to pick the
animals up from the plane. They also made sure that the only people
handling Robbie at the Animal Reception Center at Heathrow were women.

snip
Helen M

That's so wonderful to hear!
Best wishes,