Sugar in hospital

Old January 14th 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Sugar in hospital

I'm so sorry to hear that, Karen. Don't beat yourself up about it, some
cats just have more health problems than others. Same as with hoomins.
Purrs for everything to turn out well.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Karen wrote:
She was fine yesterday at noon. I came home to stink after work and
she had thrown up a lot and was hiding under the bed. To make a long
story short, even though she was a bit better and ate this a.m., when
I came home at lunch she had thrown up again so I called the vet and
took her in. Normally, I wouldn't be so concerned, but she was really
uncomfortable. Hiding, huddling, licking her lips. So, when I went to
pick her up, they wanted to keep her overnight. She had had some xrays
earlier and both vets were very concerned. Her intestines looked like
this certain condition (I can't remember what it is called) where the
intestines fold in on themselves, but this is very rare and they said
she didn't act sick enough if that is what it is. They wanted to take
more xrays tonight and the one on the side still looked like it, but
the xray from on her back did not. So they want to keep her overnight
and do it again in the morning to see how it looks, hoping that if it
is any stool that was making it look that way it would have moved on.
She did for sure have some kind of infection because her white count
is a bit too high. So, for sure that probably would cause nausea. So
any purrs for Sugar for clear xrays that don't show this rare
condition (that the vet said would be very VERY bad if she had it)
would be much appreciated. I begin to think I am cursed when it comes
to my cats.

Old January 14th 06, 08:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs are on the way.

--
Joy

**Don't believe everything you think**

Old January 14th 06, 10:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs for Sugar to be feeling better today.

--
Shirley
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk

Old January 14th 06, 11:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Healthy purrs on the way

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 22:15:52 -0600, Karen wrote:

[...]

Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot
with loving memories of Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old January 14th 06, 12:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote
So any purrs for Sugar for clear xrays that don't show this rare
condition (that the vet said would be very VERY bad if she had it)
would be much appreciated. I begin to think I am cursed when it comes
to my cats.

"Positive Outcome" Purrs & best wishes from me and my lot

Gordon & the FF

Old January 14th 06, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Tons of purrs and purr-ayers are en route for Sugar's symptoms to be caused
by something that's either easily treatable, or better yet something that
can heal on its own with minimal vet assistance.

Here's to good news when the results are in. Keep us posted.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old January 14th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
[...]

You are *not* cursed. You have been unlucky, but that happens to everybody
at times. Purrs for Sugar to feel better ASAP and that her condition isn't
as serious as you thought.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 14th 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
[...]

Get well-purrs coming from

Tinùviel, Teti and
Hans

Old January 14th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:

So any
purrs for Sugar for clear xrays that don't show this rare condition
(that the vet said would be very VERY bad if she had it) would be much
appreciated. I begin to think I am cursed when it comes to my cats.

Purrs to get Sugar back home and playing in boxes again ASAP.

--

Wayne, with special purrformances by Will and Heidi