Sugar in hospital

Old January 14th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Sugar in hospital

"Karen" wrote in message

have some kind of infection because her white count is
a bit too high. So, for sure that probably would cause nausea. So any
purrs for Sugar for clear xrays that don't show this rare condition
(that the vet said would be very VERY bad if she had it) would be much
appreciated. I begin to think I am cursed when it comes to my cats.

Many, many purrs and prayers it isn't too serious.

Helen M

Old January 14th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message

have some kind of infection because her white count is
a bit too high. So, for sure that probably would cause nausea. So any
purrs for Sugar for clear xrays that don't show this rare condition
(that the vet said would be very VERY bad if she had it) would be much
appreciated. I begin to think I am cursed when it comes to my cats.

Purrs on the way for Sugar and her worried meowmie. You are not
cursed when it comes to your cats.

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.
Old January 14th 06, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default UPDATE Sugar in hospital

On 2006-01-14 00:59:40 -0600, "Sandy" said:

Intussusception? Whatever it is, I hope she recovers quickly.

Sandy

That's it. That's what they were worried about. Today's xrays showed
more clearly it was some stool that just looked odd. I saw all the
xrays and it was hard to tell but much clearer today. She is home and
settling down. I am waiting for her to feel less stressed. She has some
antibiotics to take since it's pretty clear she has some kind of
infection. They think maybe this history of periods of nausea may
indicate kind of a chronic pancreatitis. She's been hospitalized about
4 times now for nausea in 5 or 6 years. I haven't had to pill Sugar
much, so wish me luck. Should be OK. I just hope she eats and doesn't
throw up now. But she looks fairly OK. thanks so much everyone for the
good thoughts. I know they help ME for sure. Let's cross our fingers
that all returns to normal soon.

Old January 14th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-01-14 00:59:40 -0600, "Sandy"
said:

[...]

I'm so glad it wasn't as bad as it looked at first. :-) Pilling purrs on the
way.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 14th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-01-14 00:59:40 -0600, "Sandy" said:

[...]

Purrs that Sugar be okay very soon.

Ginger-lyn

Home Pages:
http://www.spiritrealm.com/summer/
Animals in Movies Website)
Old January 14th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-01-14 00:59:40 -0600, "Sandy"
said:

[...]

Purrs that she recovers quickly and fully!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 14th 06, 05:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen wrote:
On 2006-01-14 00:59:40 -0600, "Sandy" said:

[...]

LOTS and lots of purrs for Sugar girl.

Sherry

Old January 14th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-01-14 00:59:40 -0600, "Sandy"

said:

[...]

Oh, I am sure you both are happy she is back home. I will hold my thumbs for
normality! (Holding our thumbs is what we do here in stead of crossing
fingers)
Elisabet

Old January 14th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs on the way for Sugar.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

"Karen" wrote in message
> [...]
She was fine yesterday at noon. I came home to stink after work and she
had thrown up a lot and was hiding under the bed. To make a long story
short, even though she was a bit better and ate this a.m., when I came
home at lunch she had thrown up again so I called the vet and took her in.
Normally, I wouldn't be so concerned, but she was really uncomfortable.
Hiding, huddling, licking her lips. So, when I went to pick her up, they
wanted to keep her overnight. She had had some xrays earlier and both vets
were very concerned. Her intestines looked like this certain condition (I
can't remember what it is called) where the intestines fold in on
themselves, but this is very rare and they said she didn't act sick enough
if that is what it is. They wanted to take more xrays tonight and the one
on the side still looked like it, but the xray from on her back did not.
So they want to keep her overnight and do it again in the morning to see
how it looks, hoping that if it is any stool that was making it look that
way it would have moved on. She did for sure have some kind of infection

Old January 14th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat 14 Jan 2006 11:23:24a, Karen wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
(news:200601141023242781%kchuplis@alltelnet):

That's it. That's what they were worried about. Today's xrays
showed more clearly it was some stool that just looked odd. I
saw all the xrays and it was hard to tell but much clearer
today. She is home and settling down. I am waiting for her to
feel less stressed. She has some antibiotics to take since it's
pretty clear she has some kind of infection. They think maybe
this history of periods of nausea may indicate kind of a chronic
pancreatitis. She's been hospitalized about 4 times now for
nausea in 5 or 6 years. I haven't had to pill Sugar much, so
wish me luck. Should be OK. I just hope she eats and doesn't
throw up now. But she looks fairly OK. thanks so much everyone
for the good thoughts. I know they help ME for sure. Let's cross
our fingers that all returns to normal soon.

Aww, purrs continuing for Sugar and you for easy pilling.

--
Cheryl