The Mighty Huntress strikes again

Old January 15th 06, 09:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default The Mighty Huntress strikes again

Waffles missing many fangs, has only one eye and one of her back legs is
held together by means of a metal rod in it. Despite this, she is sprightly,
fit, *knows* she is the superior being, and is queen of all she surveys.

This morning she earned her keep. She told me she wished to go out into the
garden by standing at the door and saying, "Mee Owt!" So I opened the door
to let her out. About twenty minutes later I hear a feline accented,
"Mowwwwmm", so I went to open the door. I was greeted by the sight of the
mighty huntress with a mole firmly clamped in her jaws. Still warm but
definitely of the end of tunnel variety. As moles are the bane of my life,
as they render the surface of my lawn something resembling what NASA could
fake moon landings on, I am heartily pleased with Waffles this morning. She
has dined on fine homecooked ham as her reward. She is purring and so am I.
My weak ankle thanks her for her diligence.

Cheers, helen s

--

you may need to remove dependence
on fame & fortune from organisation

Old January 15th 06, 11:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

How old is Waffles now? I realise she's not in the first flush of youth,
I've been reading your posts about her for nearly a decade.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 15th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 09:51:52 +0000 (UTC), "wafflycat"
wrote:

[...]

A kitty who is such an expert huntress should be passing her skills on
to others. Would Waffles consider an on-line class on hunting? My
crew could use some pointers on this topic.

--Kim and the CRC
Old January 15th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:

[...]

Glad to hear the Empress is still going strong.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old January 15th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wrote:

[...]

Out of my dozen cats, only Dandy has shown any skill at killing moles.
Much to my annoyance, he seems to have given it up. The parts of my
(very large) yard that I actually use are currently so broken up with
mole tunnels that it is very difficult to walk around - a trip to the
burn pile or shed is so difficult that I am reluctant to go there even
when necessary. Maybe I could borrow Waffles?

I do plan to go over the area with the heavy roller behind the tractor
- probably Monday, if I can get the tractor tires to hold air.

--
T.E.D. )
Old January 15th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat skrev i meddelandet ...

[...]

It takes great skill for a cat to catch a mole. Good old Waffles!
Elisabet

Old January 16th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

This morning she earned her keep. She told me she wished to go out into the
garden by standing at the door and saying, "Mee Owt!" So I opened the door
to let her out. About twenty minutes later I hear a feline accented,
"Mowwwwmm", so I went to open the door. I was greeted by the sight of the
mighty huntress with a mole firmly clamped in her jaws. Still warm but
definitely of the end of tunnel variety. As moles are the bane of my life,
as they render the surface of my lawn something resembling what NASA could
fake moon landings on, I am heartily pleased with Waffles this morning. She
has dined on fine homecooked ham as her reward. She is purring and so am I.
My weak ankle thanks her for her diligence.

Amelia, the only one of my six who has ever caught a gopher, sends her
congratulations.
Old January 16th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:
This morning she earned her keep. She told me she wished to go out into the
garden by standing at the door and saying, "Mee Owt!" So I opened the door
to let her out. About twenty minutes later I hear a feline accented,
"Mowwwwmm", so I went to open the door. I was greeted by the sight of the
mighty huntress with a mole firmly clamped in her jaws. Still warm but
definitely of the end of tunnel variety. As moles are the bane of my life,
as they render the surface of my lawn something resembling what NASA could
fake moon landings on, I am heartily pleased with Waffles this morning. She
has dined on fine homecooked ham as her reward. She is purring and so am I.
My weak ankle thanks her for her diligence.

Amelia, the only one of my six who has ever caught a gopher, sends her
congratulations.

Gophers aren't easy to catch/kill. The cat has to be careful it doesn't
get injured itself. They fight back.

Sherry