Big panic, need calming purrs

Old January 15th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Big panic, need calming purrs

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news

Very scary. You were brave to pick him up (wise??).

No bravery required. The day he scratches me will be the day he has rabies
or a brain tumour. The bravery was on his part because being picked up
scares him.

How about training
him to be a house cat?

He has only just become comfortable with the back door being shut which
denies him a quick escape. He doesn't have the temperament to be an indoor
cat, it would make him too afraid.

Purrs that whatever need healing will heal fast.

Thanks.

Tweed

Old January 15th 06, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Purrs on the way.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I was reading the group just now when I heard awful screaming just outside
in the garden, like a cat fight but more so. I rushed outside and shouted
but they didn't stop fighting. I didn't think to get a torch first, it's
completely black dark here which doesn't help because I can't see in the
dark at all, so I ran back into the house for my good torch.

I found Boyfriend with blood all over his white chest and in a right bad
mood so I picked him up and brought him inside. He hates being picked up.
Then he hid under every piece of furniture he could find to avoid me. I
caught him eventually and bathed the blood off with antiseptic. I don't
know if it's his blood, I have looked all over him as much as he will let
me and can't find any injury. He never fights normally, he's a pacifist,
so I don't know what went on here, or who the assailant might have been.

He seemed very shocked at first, and kept lying down in different places
after he'd been washed, not normal for him.
He is starting to pick up a little now, has groomed his chest a bit.
Could he have a few purrs for his nerves and any possibly injury he might
have?
I will keep a close eye on him tonight, any doubts and he'll be off to TED
in the morning.

Tweed

Old January 15th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Marina" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
He seemed very shocked at first, and kept lying down in different places
after he'd been washed, not normal for him.
He is starting to pick up a little now, has groomed his chest a bit.
Could he have a few purrs for his nerves and any possibly injury he might
have?
I will keep a close eye on him tonight, any doubts and he'll be off to
TED in the morning.

Many purrs for both BF's and your nerves. What a scare! Do you think it
was the Enemy?

I don't know. Since Boyfie used the Gandhi approach on him a few months
back there's been no more trouble between them and The Enemy never comes
into the garden now, as far as I know.
It's a mystery who might be responsible.

Tweed

Old January 15th 06, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

He seemed very shocked at first, and kept lying down in different places
after he'd been washed, not normal for him.
He is starting to pick up a little now, has groomed his chest a bit. Could
he have a few purrs for his nerves and any possibly injury he might have?
I will keep a close eye on him tonight, any doubts and he'll be off to TED
in the morning.

Tweed

Oh my! Our best purrs are coming for Boyfie to be uninjured and to calm
down quickly, and for you to be able to identify who/what the other party
was.

Dan
Old January 15th 06, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Purrs on the way! Although a garden hose works better to
drive off aggressors, when I lived where my cats could go
outside, I always kept a squirt bottle by the door for just
such occasions. (Not as effective as the hose, but
sometimes enough of a surprise to get the desired result.)

I still do, but now it's so I won't forget to take it with
me, when I go out - Melisande is a great deal faster than I,
and sometimes very determined to get out as I am coming in.
Yesterday I wasn't fast enough, so had to chase her up
four flights of stairs to the roof door. (Which, to my
dismay, was badly waterdamaged by the last rain, and stuck
partially open - good thing she chose to reconnoiter before
exiting.) I have GOT to find another place to live - ever
since the building changed hands about eighteen months ago,
the maintenance has been almost non-existent (despite their
raising my rent by $145 a month)!

Old January 15th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:45:50 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

Oh my goodness!! That must have been very frightening for both of
you..Purrs that everything is ok. Keep us posted!

--Kim and the CRC
Old January 15th 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Shirley" wrote in message

[...]

Calming healing purrs for BF.

I heard (can't remember where) in cat fights the winner will
sometimes have wounds around his/her head and kneck and the loser
will have wounds around their rear end.

I don't even know that it was another cat. Boyfie and "the enemy"
the black cat from a few doors away now have a truce. It could have
been a fox. If Boyfie is injured at all, it will be on one of his
front legs which he is licking, although I can't see anything there.

Hmmm! You're right it could have been a fox, one comes into my garden
and I live in the centre of town.

Is he limping at all?

Continued purrs for Boyfie to be ok.

--
Shirley
http://community.webshots.com/user/shirleycatuk

Old January 15th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Poor Boyfie. Purrs that TED visit will be unnecessary.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.

Old January 15th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Sir Weeble Wobblybottom" wrote in message

I purrs for My Brave Boyfriend to not be hurted! I fink he was just
protektin da chikhens from da big nastie ratties!

Purrs & nose kissies
Mimi
(Weeble's baby sisfur)

It was sumfing much bigger dan a rattie, Mimi, my love.

hedbuts
your Boyfie

Old January 15th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

How upsetting for you both -- many purrs for him to be ok!
Christine
[...]

Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM