Who needs expensive cat toys? Boxes are so much better!

Old January 16th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Who needs expensive cat toys? Boxes are so much better!

Silver's been playing with the box that our water bottles came in all
weekend long... the bottles came out without my having to tear the
plastic so it's like a kind of tent - first she climbed right inside
it, and now she's sat on it and squished the plastic down, and she's
pawing at it and fishing for a ball (that SHE put there!)
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...44615486rexYcB

Scouty looked on in bewilderment, probably saying 'is THIS the cat
that refused to go into a covered litterbox?!
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...44615508nHNxnB

And a little while ago I heard a huge rustling noise behind me... I
turned around and Silver had dived into the HUGE box that the new
television came in... she was quite contentedly exploring the bottom
of the box and digging around in the foam bags that cushioned the tv
(hence the rustle).
http://community.webshots.com/photo/544622863hJfYJC
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...44622307DQJumJ

So that Scouty doesn't feel left out, here's a photo of her in HER
favourite box - a mailing box Mama sent me a present in. I sat it on
the desk in the craftroom and Scouty said 'it's MINE' and climbed in
on top of the papers...
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...44613044fKEmya

after she did that a few days in a row I got the hint and pulled the
papers out, and she kept on using it. Eventually, Silver realised that
this was 'the good place' and SHE started sitting in it too...
http://community.webshots.com/photo/544624965DTOWlf

The next time Scouty came along to sit in THE BOX she was very unhappy
to find her sissifur established in residence and fast asleep. She
said MEW! (meaning 'get out of my box interloper') and Silver just
rolled over and snored... Being the kind and loving meowmie I am (read
Sucker) I dug into the cupboard and got out ANOTHER MAILING BOX! Then
I cut the flaps off both of them and sat them next to each other, and
I picked up Scouty and put her into the new box. A few minutes later I
got the cutest photo - two cats, ready to mail :P
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...44611596CzMTxS

--
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
Old January 16th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

aw, just sticks some stamps on their foreheads and they're ready to go!
Cute pics.
Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old January 16th 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Awwww. Now that IS adorable.

Old January 16th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

My new stereo came in a box big enough for both bitties at once.

And big enough for Nocturne to use a paw to close the flaps to hide
herself completely, because as we all know, Nocturne would /never/ play
in a box.

--Fil

Old January 16th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
Silver's been playing with the box that our water bottles came in all
weekend long... the bottles came out without my having to tear the
plastic so it's like a kind of tent - first she climbed right inside
it, and now she's sat on it and squished the plastic down, and she's
pawing at it and fishing for a ball (that SHE put there!)
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...44615486rexYcB

Scouty looked on in bewilderment, probably saying 'is THIS the cat
that refused to go into a covered litterbox?!
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...44615508nHNxnB

snip

They are both adorable! Thanks for the pics.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek