He Played!!!

Old April 9th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Default He Played!!!

Purrs on the way.

Good to hear he is learning to play.

--
Ann
in Connecticut
"CatNipped" wrote in message
Granted, Hunter plays "hard" (like he's really trying to kill prey rather
than just toying with it). But I'm just glad that he now feels secure
enough and well fed enough that he can (at least for short periods of
time) concentrate on something other than getting food into his belly. We
just have to be sure to keep all body parts away from the toy he's playing
with. He also grabbed and bit down on DH's hand when DH was rubbing his
belly, but he was gentle and didn't break the skin, so I'm assuming he was
just relaxed and playing again.

We're feeding him about 1/2 again more than the rest of the clowder
because he still has to put on 2 or 3 more pounds (his belly is still
concave-looking when you view him from above). But now he doesn't feel
the need to scarf it all down at once since he knows he will be fed again
in 12 hours and he can take his time eating.

Tomorrow is the day for the "big snip" so purrs for an uneventful surgery
would be greatly appreciated.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old April 9th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Big purr for your sweet new boy.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old April 10th 08, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Enfilade" wrote in message

Hunter = Garvin?

I think it's an ex-feral thing. Smokey still plays hard, 5+ years of
domestication later. His bunny kicks hurt (and if his claws were
clipped more than a week ago, draw blood). When he wraps his little
paws around your arm he hangs on TIGHT. He regularly puts our fingers
in his mouth, or works his jaw in the air, but sometimes he forgets
himself and bites a bit for real--then he's all cringy and clingy
because he knows he's crossed the line.

It took us almost 6 months to teach Smokey to play!

--Fil

Its pretty hard wired into many cats. Jake doesn't have a feral gene in
his body. Neither he nor his ancestors have had to fend for themselves in
centuries. (Meezer)

And he is as sweet and gentle as they come. Charlie spent his entire first
year 'teaching' him to play nicely etc. He sleeps between our pillows.
sprawled on his back half the time. And he adores being scratched and
scritched and played with and rubbed. But you are risking a deadly venus
fly trap reaction without notice. If you then stay perfectly still he
won't draw blood. But you will be firmly in the grip of all his teeth as
well as all twenty (unclipped) claws.

Jo

Old April 10th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

The kittens and Nocturne will play, but lightly. They know it's
supposed to be gentle when they grasp human parts. Smokey gets
"Worked up"--it's like you can see a switch flip from "Just Goofin'
Around" to "This One's For Keeps."

Smokey was bewildered by balls for months. He didn't understand you
had to swat it to make it go. He would look at it like "This one's
dead...hey mom, can you set me up with a live one?"

Old April 10th 08, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 11:38:48 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

[...]

I am glad to hear that Hunter is continuing to show positive signs of
'assimilation' into your household.

It must all be a big, big change for the poor boy. The constant food
helps, of course!

I'm glad that I haven't heard of any spraying going on! I was a bit
worried about that, of course.

Neutering is almost always a quick uneventful surgery, but purrs are on
the way to help be certain of that.

I have been meaning to ask: have you bee able to clip his front paws
yet?

Or haven't you tried? I'm sure he would't be too thrilled about that!

Please let us know how his neuter goes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Old April 10th 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way for no complications.

Sam (with a grimace), supervised by Mistletoe
Old April 10th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Billy Colburn

Matthew wrote in message:
,

purrs in route

That's en route, nitwit.

--
Billy Colburn

Old April 10th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

No, we haven't even tried that yet - he's a *BIG* boy and we're still not
entirely sure of what he may do. He has two months before he even gets to
*see* our other cats. After 2 months he'll still have quite some time to
see, but not be able to touch any other cat, so that's even more evaluation
time we have before we try anything "dangerous"! ; So there's no big rush
to do it (he has a scratching post in his room to use if he needs to get
sheaths off).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 13th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

CatNipped wrote:
Granted, Hunter plays "hard" (like he's really trying to kill prey rather
than just toying with it).snip
Tomorrow is the day for the "big snip" so purrs for an uneventful surgery
would be greatly appreciated.

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

I played with an Itty Bitty today Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 4 July 21st 07 04:55 PM
Molly Played Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 7 December 27th 06 09:17 PM
Boyfriend played! Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 6 January 28th 06 01:02 AM
it played, you nibbled, yet Geoff never monthly combed with the light Nell Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 11:51 AM
it played, you ordered, yet Tim never actually arrived to the cave Martin Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 10:07 AM