More vid: Miranda on da nip!

Old April 13th 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default More vid: Miranda on da nip!

I gave the cats some nip today, one pile each on the floor. As they
always do, Caliban hunkered down to eat the lot while Miranda rolled
around in it and went bonkers. Then I put some on the scratching pad of
the trackball. Warning: scandalous footage of stoned cat! She would kill
me if she knew I'd posted this to the interwebz. (Sorry about the
quality. The original wasn't this dark - I guess Youtube converts it to
save space)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0GQ1vYa5P0

Old April 14th 08, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
I gave the cats some nip today, one pile each on the floor. As they always
do, Caliban hunkered down to eat the lot while Miranda rolled around in it
and went bonkers. Then I put some on the scratching pad of the trackball.
Warning: scandalous footage of stoned cat! She would kill me if she knew
I'd posted this to the interwebz. (Sorry about the quality. The original
wasn't this dark - I guess Youtube converts it to save space)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0GQ1vYa5P0

I tried to look at it, but it was black. I could only see the trackball.

Old April 14th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default Miranda vid and brothers update

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

"Marina" wrote in message
I gave the cats some nip today, one pile each on the floor. As they
always do, Caliban hunkered down to eat the lot while Miranda rolled
around in it and went bonkers. Then I put some on the scratching pad
of the trackball. Warning: scandalous footage of stoned cat! She would
kill me if she knew I'd posted this to the interwebz. (Sorry about the
quality. The original wasn't this dark - I guess Youtube converts it
to save space)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0GQ1vYa5P0

I tried to look at it, but it was black. I could only see the
trackball.

Frank has gotten the trackball thing down perfect. He can give the ball
one swat and it flies around a half dozen times. I saw him when he
figured it out and he was so proud of himself. Lyle, on the other hand,
just can't get it. He bats it back and forth like Mir does but he never
really connects with the ball. He, totally, knows that Frank can do
something he can't but has not been able to imitate it. Frank has
another new thing. He jumps up on the kitchen table and says mrrooww and
rolls over on his back and will get tummy rubs as long as I am willing or
until lyle comes up there and demands an end to the heathen activity.
Lyle is getting better also and has even come right up while he stands on
the living room end table and puts his nose up to my face. Of course he
then gets bugged out and pulls away but he is getting better.

One of my favorite things they do is: I keep my bedroom door open about 6
inches on a kind of hook; it keeps the vaporizer in and lets a cat
through if they like. So the door is propped open. One of them gets on
each side of the door (they are a foot away from each other in clear
view) and they bat at each other under the door. So far it is a bit dark
for video but it is so damn funny. It is better than when they "hide"
behind the shirt hanging on the chair.

Andy

Old April 14th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:

I tried to look at it, but it was black. I could only see the trackball.

Yes. Sorry about that. I tried to watch it on my desktop computer at
work, but it was too dark. I can watch it on my laptop at home. I may
try to upload it somewhere else.

Old April 15th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

outsider wrote:
Frank has gotten the trackball thing down perfect. He can give the ball
one swat and it flies around a half dozen times. I saw him when he
figured it out and he was so proud of himself. Lyle, on the other hand,
just can't get it. He bats it back and forth like Mir does but he never
really connects with the ball.

Miranda's specialty is a 'drive-by.' She dashes past the trackball,
giving it a bat in passing, and then she stops some distance away and
watches as the ball goes round and round. When it stops, she does
another drive-by.

It's another indication of how stoned she was in the video, that she
batted it back and forth like that. That's how Caliban usually plays
with it. :P

I managed to brighten the clip a little:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv88ZhE76Oc

Old April 16th 08, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Marina wrote in
:

outsider wrote:
Frank has gotten the trackball thing down perfect. He can give the
ball one swat and it flies around a half dozen times. I saw him when
he figured it out and he was so proud of himself. Lyle, on the other
hand, just can't get it. He bats it back and forth like Mir does but
he never really connects with the ball.

Miranda's specialty is a 'drive-by.' She dashes past the trackball,
giving it a bat in passing, and then she stops some distance away and
watches as the ball goes round and round. When it stops, she does
another drive-by.

Yeah, that sounds like Frank. Lyle on the other hand is a spaz without any
catnip help. He can't work the trackball, he doesn't know how to climb the
cat tree the right way around. It's kind of sad. Frank seems to love him
anyway and I do too so I guess it is ok.

Ping Miranda Kreisleriana[_3_] Cat anecdotes 6 February 22nd 08 04:11 AM
Beautiful Miranda Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 7 March 19th 06 10:27 AM
A message from Miranda Marina Cat anecdotes 44 January 10th 06 11:28 AM
Poor Miranda Marina Cat anecdotes 20 December 16th 05 12:37 AM
More pics of Miranda KittyLady Cat anecdotes 13 June 10th 05 04:18 AM