Apologies for absence

Old December 12th 04, 04:23 PM
Exocat

Default Apologies for absence

Sorry I've not been around recently (in case anyone has noticed) but my old
'puter died: adding SP2 to XP stopped it booting up at all, and total
reformat & reload didn't help for long..................

So you can guess who's off my card list this season.

However, it's an ill wind, and I'm now the proud owner of a cutting-edge
17"-screen (for Hans that's 43.18 cm) notebook with a 3.2 GHz processor etc.
which seems to really whistle along. Luckily previous experience of MS
product reliability leads me to back up regularly so very little was lost.

But I shall never catch up with a 3,000-post backlog, so here's purrs & best
wishes to all those who need them.

Back on topic for a moment: when Bandit kindly brought his catch of a dead
adult mousie to the back door & thoughtfully left it outside while he came
in to feed, Snowball latched on to it in a flash & proudly paraded it around
the house in his mouth, head held high, for all the world as though he'd
just defeated it in the battle to end all battles.
And the wouldn't let Bandit or Pericles anywhere near it.

I think my fluffkin's all growed up now.

Pre-seasonal greetings to all

Gordon & the Terrible Trio.

Old December 12th 04, 05:30 PM
CatNipped

"Exocat" wrote in message
Sorry I've not been around recently (in case anyone has noticed) but my

old
'puter died: adding SP2 to XP stopped it booting up at all, and total
reformat & reload didn't help for long..................

Of course if was noticed, but you weren't gone for very long for this time
of year - RL tends to take a lot of people away to shop, bake, etc. My
Bandit missed reading about your Bandit!

[...]

Right back atcha!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 12th 04, 06:38 PM
Adrian

Exocat wrote:
[...]

Glad you're back, and that you and the cats are OK.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 12th 04, 08:02 PM
Marina

Exocat wrote:

Sorry I've not been around recently (in case anyone has noticed) but my old
'puter died: adding SP2 to XP stopped it booting up at all, and total
reformat & reload didn't help for long..................

I did wonder the other day why we hadn't heard from you lately. I hear
that's what SP2 has done to many computers. Glad that you are back online.

Back on topic for a moment: when Bandit kindly brought his catch of a dead
adult mousie to the back door & thoughtfully left it outside while he came
in to feed, Snowball latched on to it in a flash & proudly paraded it around
the house in his mouth, head held high, for all the world as though he'd
just defeated it in the battle to end all battles.
And the wouldn't let Bandit or Pericles anywhere near it.

I think my fluffkin's all growed up now.

LOL! What a scam!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 12th 04, 10:20 PM
polonca12000

Welcome back!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Exocat" wrote in message
Sorry I've not been around recently snip

Old December 13th 04, 09:47 AM

Exocat wrote:

Sorry I've not been around recently (in case anyone has noticed)
but my old 'puter died: adding SP2 to XP stopped it booting up at
all, and total reformat & reload didn't help for long..................
So you can guess who's off my card list this season.

Bill Gates?

However, it's an ill wind, and I'm now the proud owner of a cutting-edge
17"-screen (for Hans that's 43.18 cm) notebook with a 3.2 GHz processor etc.

Congrats!

Joyce