Ping Adrian re microchip

Old March 4th 05, 06:27 PM
Christina Websell

Default Ping Adrian re microchip

I think it was you that told me about a new microchip that also read the
cat's temperature so there was no need for thermometer up the unmentionable
in the future which cats hate so much.
I've been waiting to get back to work and earn again so I can get Boyfriend
microchipped. I rang my vet tonight to ask about the temperature-recording
one, and they haven't heard of it.
If I'm going to get the lad implanted, I'd like it to be a chip like you
described. Would you be able to find out from your vet what it is called
and where they can get it from? I've told my vet's I'll get back to them
on it. I said I only want that one for BF, not just the name and address
one which they offer at the moment.

Tweed

Old March 5th 05, 03:11 AM
badwilson

Christina Websell wrote:
I think it was you that told me about a new microchip that also read
the cat's temperature so there was no need for thermometer up the
unmentionable in the future which cats hate so much.
I've been waiting to get back to work and earn again so I can get
Boyfriend microchipped. I rang my vet tonight to ask about the
temperature-recording one, and they haven't heard of it.
If I'm going to get the lad implanted, I'd like it to be a chip like
you described. Would you be able to find out from your vet what it
is called and where they can get it from? I've told my vet's I'll
get back to them on it. I said I only want that one for BF, not

just
the name and address one which they offer at the moment.

Tweed

Isn't it more than just finding a vet where you can get the microchip?
I mean, the vet you normally go to would have to have the equipment to
read the temperature. Or else you'd have to switch vets, but if there
isn't one near you with the right equipment, then having that chip
wouldn't be all that helpful.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old March 5th 05, 11:59 AM
Adrian

Christina Websell wrote:
I think it was you that told me about a new microchip that also read
the cat's temperature so there was no need for thermometer up the
unmentionable in the future which cats hate so much.
I've been waiting to get back to work and earn again so I can get
Boyfriend microchipped. I rang my vet tonight to ask about the
temperature-recording one, and they haven't heard of it.
If I'm going to get the lad implanted, I'd like it to be a chip like
you described. Would you be able to find out from your vet what it
is called and where they can get it from? I've told my vet's I'll
get back to them on it. I said I only want that one for BF, not just
the name and address one which they offer at the moment.

Tweed

I'll talk to my vet on Monday and ask her for the info. I know it's a
fairly recent inovation, I read about it in "The Cat" the magazine sent
to members of Cats Protection. Bagheera was the first cat to get the new
chip from my vet, she'd only just got them and was using up the normal
ones. I only got it because I'd asked about them.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.