Emily's return to the vet's

Old February 20th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobcat

Default Emily's return to the vet's

A year ago Emily visited the vets for a general checkup, and I posted
a description of her "performance" - the only word for it. A year has
gone by and I'm just back from another of Emily's star turns. It was
deja vu all the way, except for one thing. This year I prepared Dr.
Beck for Emily's exam by printing out my newsgroup post (below) which
referred to Emily's habit of purring, thereby making hearing her
heartbeat difficult. So Dr. Beck tried a new silencing technique. She
soaked a wad of cotton in alcohol, lined up her stethoscope on Emily's
chest, and suddenly brought the cotton to Emily's nose. Startled, she
froze -and stopped purring just long enough for Dr. Beck to hear her
heartbeat. The exam over, Emily left the scene leaving Dr. Beck to
plan NEXT year's cat-silencing strategy!

Old February 20th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

Out smarting a master can it been done. ;-)
It reminds me of Wayne's world and them bowing saying we are not worthily

I bow before you vet

oups.com...

Old February 21st 07, 07:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Bobcat" wrote:
A year ago Emily visited the vets for a general checkup, and I posted
a description of her "performance" - the only word for it. A year has
gone by and I'm just back from another of Emily's star turns. It was
deja vu all the way, except for one thing. This year I prepared Dr.
Beck for Emily's exam by printing out my newsgroup post (below) which
referred to Emily's habit of purring, thereby making hearing her
heartbeat difficult. So Dr. Beck tried a new silencing technique. She
soaked a wad of cotton in alcohol, lined up her stethoscope on Emily's
chest, and suddenly brought the cotton to Emily's nose. Startled, she
froze -and stopped purring just long enough for Dr. Beck to hear her
heartbeat. The exam over, Emily left the scene leaving Dr. Beck to
plan NEXT year's cat-silencing strategy!

She's very much a charmer.

Old February 24th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Bobcat wrote:

A year ago Emily visited the vets for a general checkup, and I posted
a description of her "performance" - the only word for it. A year has
gone by and I'm just back from another of Emily's star turns. It was
deja vu all the way, except for one thing. snip

Thanks for the laugh!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek