Fleas.

Old October 4th 12, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Fleas.

I knew it. A few weeks ago I mentioned that my cats never seem to get
fleas. So naturally I'm running my fingers through some fur and feel
little granules. I pluck a few out, they're like black sand. Odd, they
haven't even been outside in days, where would they be rolling in
dirt? But I call the vet and the assistant says to put them in a bit
of water (the granules, not the cats) and if I see red then they're
flea poop. I saw red. They're flea poop.

Scooter was done with Frontline a few weeks ago so I hit Nipsy and
Marlo with it. There don't appear to be many fleas; I don't notice the
cats scratching any more than normal. So my plan is to vacuum the
places that they tend to lie on, and wash the bedding and hope for the
best.

Do I really need to bomb the place? That would be some operation.
Three floors, three cats, and an untidy mess in much of it. Well, I've
been doing a fair amount of cleaning lately so maybe I just keep up
with that. Maybe call in a pro.
Old October 5th 12, 12:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"dgk" wrote in message ...

[...]

*******************

No no no! You don't have to call anyone. A bowl of water, stir in some
liquid dish detergent, apply direct light from a lamp... I think I'm
forgetting something (if so, hopefully someone will jump in!). The fleas
will be attracted to the light and the water. They basically jump in the
bowl, can't get out again due to the viscosity from the dish detergent. So
they drown. Set as many bowls of this concoction in every room where
there's an infestation of fleas.

Jill

Old October 5th 12, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 07:32:00 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message ...

[...]

Ok, that seems like a plan. Thanks.
Old October 5th 12, 05:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

"http://www.ehow.com/how_12061700_kill-fleas-bowls-soapy-water.html?utm_source=dgmodule&utm_medium=2&campai gn=momme1"
Old October 5th 12, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message ...

[...]

************

There you go! My SO, John, had a problem with fleas in his house and this
method fixed it.

Jill

Old October 5th 12, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

When I first got Tiger (from the shelter) he was loaded with fleas. I
treated him and Amber with Frontline and I haven't seen a flea since.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old October 7th 12, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"dgk" wrote in message
[...]

I put my lack of fleas down to vacuuming with my dyson and a very cold house
in the winter ;-)
Plus Stronghold, just in case. Stronghold is a spot on that does worms,
fleas, earmites and every other nasty.
It's recommended to use it fairly often but twice a year seems enough. No
flea could survive my house during the winter. I got up one morning last
December and it was -3C on my landing. A bit nippy.
The problem with woodburners is they go out when you do.

Tweed

Old October 9th 12, 01:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 18:06:33 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I thought about turning off the heat and opening the windows but it
really isn't cold enough yet. It made it down to 52F which is nowhere
near cold enough to kill them. Maybe make them want to jump on me!

fleas... Mark_Galeck Cat health & behaviour 8 February 10th 09 08:13 PM
Fleas, fleas, and more fleas. James Cat health & behaviour 3 July 24th 08 02:35 PM
fleas lucy707 via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 3 June 28th 06 04:18 PM
fleas Jenni G. Cat health & behaviour 24 July 19th 04 07:43 PM
Fleas all over Tang Cheng Yuen Cat rescue 2 July 14th 04 04:19 PM