Suspicions about Spicey

Old October 6th 12, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Suspicions about Spicey

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 03:08:08 -0500, William Hamblen
wrote:
Blindness, perhaps. It can be hard to tell. If Spicey is in unrecoverably
bad condition it might be time to perform that final kindness.

Probably her eyesight is good. She follows and bats at the red dot bug,
follows movements, and locks gazes with me.
Old October 6th 12, 01:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 07:04:31 -0400, "jmcquown"
wrote:
I agree Tak is a very special person, for having cared for and known Suz and
for taking on the care of Spicey. I should aspire to be such a good person.

Purrs for Tak and for Spicey,

I came into an odd set of circumstances, and stumbled upon sort of an
inheritance. That's really all that happened.
Old October 6th 12, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 23:22:54 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
I would be very worried about this.
I cannot understand why a 9.5 year old can have so many health problems.
Unless..no-one has ever monitored her health.

Boyfie is now 10, he is perfect. Maybe slowing down about rat patrol. He
does do it and gets the tiny ones stiil, but he would prefer to not bother.

I agree. A 9.5 year old cat should be pretty healthy. Dot is 13 years old
and looks as good as 6 yo Buster.
Old October 6th 12, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
I agree Tak is a very special person, for having cared for and known Suz
and
for taking on the care of Spicey. I should aspire to be such a good
person.

Purrs for Tak and for Spicey,

I came into an odd set of circumstances, and stumbled upon sort of an
inheritance. That's really all that happened.

Yes, but you didn't say no to her, did you?

Old October 6th 12, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
Blindness, perhaps. It can be hard to tell. If Spicey is in
unrecoverably
bad condition it might be time to perform that final kindness.

Probably her eyesight is good. She follows and bats at the red dot bug,
follows movements, and locks gazes with me.

So her eyesight is Ok,at least. I just think she's been neglected for a
while by the aides. 9 years is no age, Boyfie is 10 now and is perfect.
It won't be easy but you can do it.

Old October 6th 12, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Takayuki" wrote in message

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012 22:26:23 -0700 (PDT), Catlady
wrote:
Most clinics don't include a thyroid test in standard bloodwork, so make
sure to request that test as well.
Definitely make sure they check her blood pressure. If they don't have a
monitor, please find a clinic that does as this is very important to rule
in or out, especially in older cats. Dilated pupils could be a sign of
retinal detachment, which is a common occurrence in cats with untreated
high blood pressure.
Also, please don't feed her dry food.It is not a good diet for any cat,
especially for an older cat with a bad coat and health issues AND it will
keep her in a state of chronic dehydration. If you haven't read these
articles, please do. Spicey's best chance at recovering her health requires
she be fed a species appropriate diet and dry food does not fall within
those parameters.

http://www.littlebigcat.com/nutritio...cats-and-dogs/
http://www.catinfo.org
http://www.catnutrition.org/diabetes.html
http://catnutrition.org

Yes, I think that's sound advice. Dot and Buster are on dry, but I've taken
Spicey off dry, and she's on low carb for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It would be a good idea to also transition Dot and Buster to grains-free
canned food *before* they develop any health issues. Almost all cats that
develop diabetes have been on dry food diets. (Note: I did not say that
most cats that are fed dry food will develop diabetes; rather, I said that
most cats that do develop diabetes have been fed dry food -- and that is a
very important health issue.)

Thank you for taking care of Spicey. You are doing a wonderful thing to
take on that responsibility.

MaryL

Old October 6th 12, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

wrote:
Blindness, perhaps. It can be hard to tell. If Spicey is in unrecoverably
bad condition it might be time to perform that final kindness.

Probably her eyesight is good. She follows and bats at the red dot bug,
follows movements, and locks gazes with me.

She seems pretty active from your description and therefore shouldn't
be feeling too bad. Maybe she is just a cat that needs a long time to
settle in.

Bud

Spicey update Suz Cat anecdotes 7 June 4th 11 07:38 PM
Spicey Needs Purrs Suz Cat anecdotes 21 June 4th 11 05:37 AM
Spicey Needs Purrs Smokie Darling (Annie) Cat anecdotes 0 June 3rd 11 12:39 AM
Spicey stuff SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 5 October 18th 03 07:17 PM
Spicey Pics SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 10 October 4th 03 07:06 AM