Spicey explores

Old October 6th 12, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Spicey explores

Lately, Spicey seems to feel cooped up in her bedroom, and will usually
greet me at the door - then walk off past me. She already explored a couple
of the other rooms upstairs yesterday, so she trotted off in the other
direction today until she encountered the top of the stairs.

What will you do, Spicey? Have you seen stairs before? She stared down the
steps for a long time, then finally started gingerly down. She stopped when
she spotted a piece of agate I have in the corner. She tapped it carefully
with a multicolored mitten, before deciding that it wasn't going to jump
her from behind. She continued down around the corner to the back hall and
mudroom. She examined the knicknacks there - bicycle pump, spare air
conditioner, box of Lexus air and oil filters, fire extinguisher, and
vacuum cleaner attachments.

Finally, she sniffed at the door to the main hallway. There was now only
one door between Spicey and Dot & Buster. I didn't want a confrontation
yet. But Dot and Buster were off in other parts of the house, and not near
that door.

Spicey decided that she'd seen everything that needed seeing downstairs,
and trotted back upstairs to do some more exploring, then went back to her
room, where we sat together for a while.
Old October 6th 12, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

You are so good with her. If you hadn't agreed to take her, what do you
think might have happened?

Old October 6th 12, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 6 Oct 2012 02:47:46 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"Takayuki" wrote in message
.. .
Spicey decided that she'd seen everything that needed seeing downstairs,
and trotted back upstairs to do some more exploring, then went back to her
room, where we sat together for a while.

You are so good with her. If you hadn't agreed to take her, what do you
think might have happened?

I'm not sure - Spicey is still kind of an enigma to me. I think it's
possible they may have found a better home for her than mine - maybe no
other cats, hoomin home all the time like Suz was. On the other hand, she
might have gone to an unsuitable home where she was very stressed, and had
people who didn't know what they were getting into.

I think I'm in the middle. But the important thing is that she's alive, has
a home, and plenty of time to work things out.
Old October 6th 12, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 14:18:26 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:
In article , Takayuki
wrote:
Spicey decided that she'd seen everything that needed seeing downstairs,
and trotted back upstairs to do some more exploring, then went back to
her room, where we sat together for a while.

It's seems she's beginning to trust you and the fact she wants to explore
is a good sign as far as her health is concerned.

I love the fact that you went back to her room and sat together.

I agree that that's a good sign. In many ways, she seems to be a
surprisingly well adjusted cat. She just doesn't like me, is all.

Sometimes I sit with her on the floor, and I've also started sitting in a
chair in her room. She seems to like that - maybe because Suz was always in
a chair.
Old October 7th 12, 12:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Takayuki wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 14:18:26 +0100, Judith Latham

I love the fact that you went back to her room and sat together.

I agree that that's a good sign. In many ways, she seems to be a
surprisingly well adjusted cat. She just doesn't like me, is all.

But she likes you better than she likes anyone else!

Sometimes I sit with her on the floor, and I've also started sitting in a
chair in her room. She seems to like that - maybe because Suz was always in
a chair.

Seems like she likes company, just not company that's trying to interact
with her directly?

--
Joyce

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"
Old October 7th 12, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 6 Oct 2012 23:48:39 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:
Takayuki wrote:

But she likes you better than she likes anyone else!

Sometimes I sit with her on the floor, and I've also started sitting in a
chair in her room. She seems to like that - maybe because Suz was always in
a chair.

Seems like she likes company, just not company that's trying to interact
with her directly?

She's getting used to me and is attacking me a lot less, which is a relief!
I think she'll enjoy direct interaction once we develop a stronger bond.
Old October 7th 12, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

wrote:
Takayuki wrote:

But she likes you better than she likes anyone else!

Sometimes I sit with her on the floor, and I've also started sitting in
chair in her room. She seems to like that - maybe because Suz was
always in
a chair.

Seems like she likes company, just not company that's trying to interact
with her directly?

She's getting used to me and is attacking me a lot less, which is a
relief!
I think she'll enjoy direct interaction once we develop a stronger bond.

Maybe she was scared of you because you are a man. She was used to women at
Suzīs.
She seems to be coming around. It will work out fine.
I am so happy you took her.
Elisabet

Old October 7th 12, 05:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 03:52:15 +0200, "Lisa Katt"
wrote:
Maybe she was scared of you because you are a man. She was used to women at
Suzīs.
She seems to be coming around. It will work out fine.
I am so happy you took her.
Elisabet

There might be a component to that, but everyones' experiences with Spicey
seem to be more or less the same. Joanne, who got Spicey for Suz, was
regularly attacked by Spicey.

Years ago, on one of the first times I met Suz, I went with Charleen.
Spicey attacked my ankle, then Charleen's foot, then hopped up on the couch
and meatloafed on my lap for a couple of minutes. Then, she whapped my
hand, hissed, and ran off. She seems to be generally volatile.
Old October 8th 12, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 10/6/2012 7:48 PM, Bastette wrote:
Takayuki wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 14:18:26 +0100, Judith Latham

I love the fact that you went back to her room and sat together.

I agree that that's a good sign. In many ways, she seems to be a
surprisingly well adjusted cat. She just doesn't like me, is all.

But she likes you better than she likes anyone else!

Sometimes I sit with her on the floor, and I've also started sitting in a
chair in her room. She seems to like that - maybe because Suz was always in
a chair.

Seems like she likes company, just not company that's trying to interact
with her directly?

That's what it seems like to me. I just love reading these stories. I
know I haven't posted much here lately but I'm so drawn to Tak's Spicey
stories.

Old October 8th 12, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AB

Me too! I'm new here and riveted by Spicey stories! Keep 'em coming.
Please.

That's what it seems like to me. I just love reading these stories. I
know I haven't posted much here lately but I'm so drawn to Tak's Spicey
stories.

Suspicions about Spicey Takayuki Cat anecdotes 29 October 6th 12 02:14 PM
Someday Spicey Takayuki Cat anecdotes 26 October 1st 12 07:41 PM
Spicey Update Suz Cat anecdotes 4 June 19th 11 01:26 AM
Little Bit explores...and is rather obnoxious Phoenix Cat anecdotes 6 September 18th 09 04:48 AM
Spicey Pics SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 10 October 4th 03 07:06 AM