Dot and Buster meet Spicey in her carrier

Old October 6th 12, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Dot and Buster meet Spicey in her carrier

Dot and Buster met Spicey today on her way to the vet. My first problem
getting Spicey to the vet, of course, was getting her into a carrier - I
can't handle her, so I had to resort to trickery.

I tossed a treat into her carrier. She went after one, but it was too
shallow, and she ate it with half her body still sticking out the door. I
tossed in another one. It went in too deep, and she didn't see where it
went. So this went on for a while, until finally, she went in far enough
that just her butt was sticking out, and I nudged the door closed.

Spicey immediately turned around and attacked, but - too late! The door was
already shut.

I took Spicey downstairs, and as I was fumbling with keys and such, Spicey,
Dot, and Buster had their first encounter. An unplanned encounter.

Buster looked very concerned, and approached the bars cautiously. His eyes
were big and intent, tail down, but not fluffed, and he was very, very
curious. I kept having to shoo him away.

Dot peered inside at Spicey without much apparent concern. She seemed to
decide, "Meh, not my problem", and purred and rubbed against my legs,
hoping for treats and attention.

Well, I guess that wasn't too bad an impromptu introduction, but I'm pretty
sure that Spicey didn't see any positive reinforcement upside to it.
Old October 7th 12, 09:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 10/6/2012 1:22 PM, Takayuki wrote:
[...]

Reading kind of late, but I'm glad she got to the vet. I'm sure you've
posted something about it that I've missed. Best wishes for all of you.

Old October 7th 12, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 04:20:09 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
On 10/6/2012 1:22 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Dot and Buster met Spicey today on her way to the vet. My first problem
getting Spicey to the vet, of course, was getting her into a carrier - I
can't handle her, so I had to resort to trickery.

Reading kind of late, but I'm glad she got to the vet. I'm sure you've
posted something about it that I've missed. Best wishes for all of you.

I've posted so many threads on Spicey, it's nuts. I'm trying to slow down
my postings.
Old October 7th 12, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Takayuki wrote:

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 04:20:09 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
On 10/6/2012 1:22 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Dot and Buster met Spicey today on her way to the vet. My first problem
getting Spicey to the vet, of course, was getting her into a carrier - I
can't handle her, so I had to resort to trickery.

Reading kind of late, but I'm glad she got to the vet. I'm sure you've
posted something about it that I've missed. Best wishes for all of you.

I've posted so many threads on Spicey, it's nuts. I'm trying to slow down
my postings.

No need to! I like reading them, and I know a lot of others here do, too.

--
Joyce

When you finish, you have a complete (you hope) set of characters. So you call
it a "character set". And because you're in a funny mood, instead of calling
the numeric identifiers "numeric identifiers", you call them "code points".

-- Steve Ferg, "Unicode Beginners Introduction for Dummies Made Simple"
Old October 8th 12, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:
[...]

I certainly do.
--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

Old October 8th 12, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 16:38:40 -0700, "Joy" wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Takayuki wrote:

I've posted so many threads on Spicey, it's nuts. I'm trying to slow
down
my postings.

No need to! I like reading them, and I know a lot of others here do, too.

--
Joyce

I certainly do.

On the plus side, I guess at least it's on topic. (Although I enjoy various
off topic banter here too.)
Old October 8th 12, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 19:57:40 -0400, Cheryl wrote:

On 10/7/2012 10:23 AM, Takayuki wrote:
On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 04:20:09 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
On 10/6/2012 1:22 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Dot and Buster met Spicey today on her way to the vet. My first problem
getting Spicey to the vet, of course, was getting her into a carrier - I
can't handle her, so I had to resort to trickery.

Reading kind of late, but I'm glad she got to the vet. I'm sure you've
posted something about it that I've missed. Best wishes for all of you.

I've posted so many threads on Spicey, it's nuts. I'm trying to slow down
my postings.

NO!!

Well, ok, I really think I'm posting out of proportion to the significance
of things that are going on, but you just made me post a brief update today
too. So it's partly your fault.
Old October 8th 12, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 10/7/2012 8:50 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 19:57:40 -0400, Cheryl wrote:

On 10/7/2012 10:23 AM, Takayuki wrote:
On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 04:20:09 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
On 10/6/2012 1:22 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Dot and Buster met Spicey today on her way to the vet. My first problem
getting Spicey to the vet, of course, was getting her into a carrier - I
can't handle her, so I had to resort to trickery.

Reading kind of late, but I'm glad she got to the vet. I'm sure you've
posted something about it that I've missed. Best wishes for all of you.

I've posted so many threads on Spicey, it's nuts. I'm trying to slow down
my postings.

NO!!

Well, ok, I really think I'm posting out of proportion to the significance
of things that are going on, but you just made me post a brief update today
too. So it's partly your fault.

I take full blame. I've been so slow to read usenet these days that
most posts I respond to are days old, and old news. LOL Enjoy your
time with her and we all send purrs (except Bonnie the non-purrer but
good at heart) that someday soon Spicey will blend in. Can you believe
that when you started reading here you were catless?

Old October 8th 12, 11:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message ...

Takayuki wrote:

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 04:20:09 -0400, Cheryl wrote:
On 10/6/2012 1:22 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Dot and Buster met Spicey today on her way to the vet. My first problem
getting Spicey to the vet, of course, was getting her into a carrier - I
can't handle her, so I had to resort to trickery.

Reading kind of late, but I'm glad she got to the vet. I'm sure you've
posted something about it that I've missed. Best wishes for all of you.

I've posted so many threads on Spicey, it's nuts. I'm trying to slow down
my postings.

No need to! I like reading them, and I know a lot of others here do, too.

--
Joyce
I think Tak is doing a wonderful job with Spicey and I'm thrilled he's made
so much progress.

Jill

Photos of Spicey at the vet Takayuki Cat anecdotes 5 October 7th 12 03:26 PM
Someday Spicey Takayuki Cat anecdotes 26 October 1st 12 07:41 PM
Spicey update Suz Cat anecdotes 7 June 4th 11 07:38 PM
Spicey Needs Purrs Smokie Darling (Annie) Cat anecdotes 0 June 3rd 11 12:39 AM
Spicey Pics SUQKRT Cat anecdotes 10 October 4th 03 07:06 AM