Tim Tam Ice cream

Old March 12th 06, 08:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Tim Tam Ice cream

MMMmmmmm. Right now I have four pairs of pitiful little eyes watching me,
and have discovered that Congo (biggest, fattest, and most masculine kitten)
has an extremely pitiful, small, weak, kittenish mew. He is also very good
at looking starved; probably why he is so hefty. For those of you
unfortunate enough not to know, a Tim Tam is a delicious, chocolate covered
and filled biscuit, deadly in it's addictiveness, that is to Australia what
the Oreo is to America. And the ice cream is worse. They will be allowed to
lick the plate.

Old March 12th 06, 08:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

meee wrote:
MMMmmmmm. Right now I have four pairs of pitiful little eyes watching
me, and have discovered that Congo (biggest, fattest, and most
masculine kitten) has an extremely pitiful, small, weak, kittenish
mew. He is also very good at looking starved; probably why he is so
hefty. For those of you unfortunate enough not to know, a Tim Tam is
a delicious, chocolate covered and filled biscuit, deadly in it's
addictiveness, that is to Australia what the Oreo is to America. And
the ice cream is worse. They will be allowed to lick the plate.

OMG, I *so* did not need to know of the existence of Tim Tam ice cream
just before moving to Australia! Do you realize how much time I will
have to spend working out every day with the easy avaiability of Tim
Tams all around me? Now there's ice cream too. It'll be the end of me
;-)
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old March 12th 06, 08:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"badwilson" wrote in message
meee wrote:
MMMmmmmm. Right now I have four pairs of pitiful little eyes watching
me, and have discovered that Congo (biggest, fattest, and most
masculine kitten) has an extremely pitiful, small, weak, kittenish
mew. He is also very good at looking starved; probably why he is so
hefty. For those of you unfortunate enough not to know, a Tim Tam is
a delicious, chocolate covered and filled biscuit, deadly in it's
addictiveness, that is to Australia what the Oreo is to America. And
the ice cream is worse. They will be allowed to lick the plate.

OMG, I *so* did not need to know of the existence of Tim Tam ice cream
just before moving to Australia! Do you realize how much time I will have
to spend working out every day with the easy avaiability of Tim Tams all
around me? Now there's ice cream too. It'll be the end of me ;-)
--

Lol I thought, Britta will know what I'm talking about at least!! And be
warned; cats will murder you for the stuff!! Don't go near the ice cream

Old March 12th 06, 09:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"meee" wrote in message
news
MMMmmmmm. Right now I have four pairs of pitiful little eyes watching me,
and have discovered that Congo (biggest, fattest, and most masculine
kitten)
has an extremely pitiful, small, weak, kittenish mew. He is also very good
at looking starved; probably why he is so hefty. For those of you
unfortunate enough not to know, a Tim Tam is a delicious, chocolate

covered
and filled biscuit, deadly in it's addictiveness, that is to Australia

what
the Oreo is to America. And the ice cream is worse. They will be allowed

lick the plate.

You forgot to mention that Tim Tams are at least ten times as good as Oreos
ever thought of being.

Joy (confirmed Aussiephile and Tim Tam lover)

Old March 12th 06, 10:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yoj" wrote in message
. com...
"meee" wrote in message
news
MMMmmmmm. Right now I have four pairs of pitiful little eyes watching me,
and have discovered that Congo (biggest, fattest, and most masculine

kitten)
has an extremely pitiful, small, weak, kittenish mew. He is also very
good
at looking starved; probably why he is so hefty. For those of you
unfortunate enough not to know, a Tim Tam is a delicious, chocolate

covered
and filled biscuit, deadly in it's addictiveness, that is to Australia

what
the Oreo is to America. And the ice cream is worse. They will be allowed

lick the plate.

You forgot to mention that Tim Tams are at least ten times as good as
Oreos
ever thought of being.

Joy (confirmed Aussiephile and Tim Tam lover)

well, that's a given! I just didn't want to offend the americans!! they are
very attached to their oreos, and most of the poor dears probably never have
seen a tim tam, let alone tasted one. Besides, it would be cruel to mention
it when they can't have any...

Old March 12th 06, 10:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"meee" wrote in message

"Yoj" wrote in message
. com...
"meee" wrote in message
news
[...]

That's true, although there is a place in Texas where you can order them.
They are quite expensive, but worth it occasionally. ;-)

Joy

Old March 12th 06, 11:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Yoj" wrote in message
et...
"meee" wrote in message

"Yoj" wrote in message
. com...
"meee" wrote in message
news MMMmmmmm. Right now I have four pairs of pitiful little eyes watching

[...]

Man, you're not serious!!! Well, you can get everything in the US....for a
price I guess! What do they do, fly to australia and buy them??

Old March 12th 06, 11:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Even though I live in Australia, I had not heard of tim tam ice cream
before Meeee so *kindly* alerted me to its existence. *sigh* I had,
very cleverly, by-passed the ice-cream isle with my eyes averted. Now
I have No Option by to try the danged stuff to see if it really is as
addictive as the biscuits (cookies). damn, damn, damn!

Krispy Kreme doughnuts I can give or take; they do nothing for me.
But anyone standing between me and a tim tam biscuit is in danger!

Tish

Old March 12th 06, 12:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Tish Silberbauer" wrote in message
Even though I live in Australia, I had not heard of tim tam ice cream
before Meeee so *kindly* alerted me to its existence. *sigh* I had,
very cleverly, by-passed the ice-cream isle with my eyes averted. Now
I have No Option by to try the danged stuff to see if it really is as
addictive as the biscuits (cookies). damn, damn, damn!

Krispy Kreme doughnuts I can give or take; they do nothing for me.
But anyone standing between me and a tim tam biscuit is in danger!

Tish

Don't do it Tish!!! I keep sneaking to the fridge for *just one more*
mouthful!! And if you do, buy the small pack. THE SMALL PACK!!! It tastes
*exactly* like tim tam, has choc flakes through it, and tim tam balls!!!
Arrrggghh it is soooo goood and bad for my diet!!

Old March 12th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"meee" wrote in message

You forgot to mention that Tim Tams are at least ten times as good as
Oreos
ever thought of being.

Joy (confirmed Aussiephile and Tim Tam lover)

well, that's a given! I just didn't want to offend the americans!! they
are very attached to their oreos, and most of the poor dears probably
never have seen a tim tam, let alone tasted one. Besides, it would be
cruel to mention it when they can't have any...

Speaking for myself, here is one American who is not offended or otherwise
aggrieved! Please continue telling us about the delights of other places --
I find it fascinating and a lot of fun to know that kind of thing. Besides,
if I ever get to Australia again I'll have something new to look forward to!
Same for everyone one in places other than Australia!

Sandy