Loss of appetite

Old March 17th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Update: Loss of appetite

On 2006-03-16 16:51:31 -0600, "W. Leong" said:

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .
After almost a week of Clavamox, Rusty is losing his appetite. He
hardly touched his
dinner tonight. I tried to spoon feed him to no avail. Tomorrow when I
go to pickup
more prescription food and next week's antibiotic. I will talk to the
vet about it.
Previously Rusty lost appetite while on a different antibiotic, but not
with Clavamox.

Purrs are appreciated. This cat has caused me so much worry.

--
Winnie

I talked to the vet. She switches Rusty's antibiotic from Clavamox to
Novolexin.
I have to cut the tablet into 3 pieces and give him 1 piece 2X a day. It may be
a challenge to cut into 3 even with a pill splitter. She also told me
to give him Hill's
A/D. Anyone has experience with A/D? I know it is important to make sure Rusty
eats. But sometimes it is easier said than done. I tried to force feed
him with a syringe
but not much success. He spit the food out and made a mess. I was told
to continue
with the Pepsid AC.
Please keep purring. It is very stressful for both of us. I was almost
in tears.

Winnie
limited success.

Ohhh many purrs. I know it is stressful. I've been quite successful
with the a/d although, yes, syringe feeding can be quite messy. Keep
trying. Gosh, can't they just give him an AB shot? I know it isn't as
effective but neither is unsuccessful pilling or upset tummy ;(

Old March 17th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:51:31 -0500, W. Leong wrote:

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Purring that Rusty will start to accept food. Purrs also that he will
heal completely. MLB
Old March 17th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Loss of appetite

W. Leong wrote:
After almost a week of Clavamox, Rusty is losing his appetite. He hardly
touched his
dinner tonight. I tried to spoon feed him to no avail. Tomorrow when I go
to pickup
more prescription food and next week's antibiotic. I will talk to the vet
about it.
Previously Rusty lost appetite while on a different antibiotic, but not with
Clavamox.

Purrs are appreciated. This cat has caused me so much worry.

Appetite purrs on the way for Rusty.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old March 17th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Karen" wrote in message

Ohhh many purrs. I know it is stressful. I've been quite successful with
the a/d although, yes, syringe feeding can be quite messy. Keep trying.
Gosh, can't they just give him an AB shot? I know it isn't as effective
but neither is unsuccessful pilling or upset tummy ;(

I managed to coax Rusty to eat most of a can of the MediCal Preventive
on his own. I stuck the whole can under his nose and he ate a bit right
from the can.
Seems stopping the Clavamox today as instructed by the vet works.
Haven't started the A/D yet. I rather he eats on his own. I think the
syringe feeding is stressful for him.
Tomorrow we start the other antibiotic Novolexin for 10 days.
Hope that works better for him.

Winnie

Old March 17th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-16 21:34:40 -0600, "W. Leong" said:

"Karen" wrote in message

Ohhh many purrs. I know it is stressful. I've been quite successful with
the a/d although, yes, syringe feeding can be quite messy. Keep trying.
Gosh, can't they just give him an AB shot? I know it isn't as effective
but neither is unsuccessful pilling or upset tummy ;(

I managed to coax Rusty to eat most of a can of the MediCal Preventive
on his own. I stuck the whole can under his nose and he ate a bit right
from the can.
Seems stopping the Clavamox today as instructed by the vet works.
Haven't started the A/D yet. I rather he eats on his own. I think the
syringe feeding is stressful for him.
Tomorrow we start the other antibiotic Novolexin for 10 days.
Hope that works better for him.

Winnie

Try it without the syringe. It is highly palatable. Keep us posted.

Old March 17th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

W. Leong wrote:
"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Frank was on a/d for a large part of last autumn. He loved the stuff,
and never realy lost his appetite, so I didn't have to syringe-feed him.
Caliban would have liked it, if I'd let him eat it. Even Miranda sniffed
it a little longer than she's ever sniffed another catfood, but that's
as far as she goes with catfood.

Many purrs on the way for you both. I know how hard it is. {{{Winnie}}}

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 17th 06, 05:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

W. Leong wrote:

I managed to coax Rusty to eat most of a can of the MediCal Preventive
on his own. I stuck the whole can under his nose and he ate a bit right
from the can.

So glad that he ate by himself. Purrs that he continues to do so.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 17th 06, 10:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

W. Leong wrote:

I talked to the vet. She switches Rusty's antibiotic from Clavamox to
Novolexin.
I have to cut the tablet into 3 pieces and give him 1 piece 2X a day.
It may be
a challenge to cut into 3 even with a pill splitter. She also told me
to give him Hill's
A/D. Anyone has experience with A/D? I know it is important to make
sure Rusty
eats. But sometimes it is easier said than done. I tried to force
feed him with a syringe
but not much success. He spit the food out and made a mess. I was
told to continue
with the Pepsid AC.
Please keep purring. It is very stressful for both of us. I was
almost in tears.

Winnie
limited success.

Poor Rusty. Continuing purrs.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 17th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

W. Leong wrote:

"W. Leong" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Purrs on the way that Rusty begins eating very soon and that he takes
his medication and purrs for you too Winnie. I know how stressful it is
to have to deal with sick cats and giving medication. Hopefully all of
this will be under control soon.

Julie

Old March 17th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

W. Leong wrote:

After almost a week of Clavamox, Rusty is losing his appetite. He hardly
touched his
dinner tonight. I tried to spoon feed him to no avail. Tomorrow when I go
to pickup
more prescription food and next week's antibiotic. I will talk to the vet
about it.
Previously Rusty lost appetite while on a different antibiotic, but not with
Clavamox.

Purrs are appreciated. This cat has caused me so much worry.

Lots and lots of purrs and best wishes that Rusty's loss of appetite is
just transient,
Polonca and Soncek