They're a disgrace to their species

Old March 16th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default They're a disgrace to their species

I am not impressed ;-)

There it was, in the garden, at the foot of the tree where all the bird
feeding stations are...

a rat.

a large, well-fed rat.

a large well-fed rat which ignored me and got on nibbling bits of seed that
had dropped form the bird feeders.

I put Francis in the garden and said, "do your stuff" whilst I pointed at
the rat.

Francis looked at me, yawned, ignored rat and rat ignored Francis.

So I got Marble.

Put Marble in garden with Francis.

I said, "go boys! do your stuff!" I pointed at the rat again.

Marble meowed pathetically and nose-touched Francis. Francis yawned. Both
ignored the rat and the rat ignored them.

I got Waffles.

Put Waffles in garden.

I said, "Go! Go, Mighty Huntress and show those pathetic objects how it's
done" and I pointed to the rat... again.

The Mighty Huntress stretched, yawned and then wound herself round my legs.
The Mighty Huntress ignored the rat and the rat gave me the finger.

I am not impressed.

The next time these lying felines tell me they have not been fed for six
months and are about to expire due to hunger, I shall remind them that I
simply do not believe them.

Cheers, helen s

--

~~
you may need to remove dependence

Old March 16th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is TOO funny!!!!!

Kristi

Old March 16th 06, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

It is a natural known fact that cats cannot be trusted to tell the
truth, ESPECIALLY when food is involved. Flea would eat a rat in a
second, but the truth of the matter is that he'd club me to death and
eat me, too, if the kibble tin ran dry for any length of time.

Cheers,
Azy!
"There are other risks to feline teeth-brushing that one must consider.
Firstly, there are claws with which to contend: 18 of them to be
precise." ~~ Mr. Fleez

www.housecatwisdom.blogspot.com

Old March 17th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:
[...]

Its so hard to find good help these days ;o)
Suz&Spicey

Old March 17th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:47:59 +0000 (UTC), "wafflycat"
wrote:

I am not impressed ;-)

There it was, in the garden, at the foot of the tree where all the bird
feeding stations are...

a rat.

a large, well-fed rat.

a large well-fed rat which ignored me and got on nibbling bits of seed that
had dropped form the bird feeders.

I put Francis in the garden and said, "do your stuff" whilst I pointed at
the rat.

Francis looked at me, yawned, ignored rat and rat ignored Francis.

Perhaps the cats decided that the rat was larger than they cared to
tackle?

Back while I was still living with my parents, l looked down at the
floor one night and found that a mouse was under the kitchen table,
finding and eating crumbs. I pointed this out to my parents, and my
mother called our cat into the kitchen. The cat walked past the mouse
without either one of them noticing the other, went to her food dish,
and looked up expectantly. I had to pick the cat up and turn her
around before she noticed the mouse. The cat then pounced on the
mouse and dispatched it with a single bite to the neck. I don't think
the mouse ever knew the cat was there.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old March 17th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

Long ago, I singlehandedly dispatched a large rat with a broom handle
while he had spreadeagled himself in my toilet in a "last-stand" maneuver
(if you can picture that)...flushing didn't work; he was too big; it was
just
giving him a shower in there....he was glaring at me the whole time. I
was forced to use brute force - shall we say, as they do autopsy-wise,
he was killed by "blunt trauma". All this battle while my middle-aged
girlcat hung on with all 20 claws to my right trouser-leg at thigh level!

Old March 17th 06, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

dnr wrote:

Long ago, I singlehandedly dispatched a large rat with a broom handle
while he had spreadeagled himself in my toilet in a "last-stand" maneuver
(if you can picture that)...flushing didn't work; he was too big; it was
just
giving him a shower in there....he was glaring at me the whole time. I
was forced to use brute force - shall we say, as they do autopsy-wise,
he was killed by "blunt trauma". All this battle while my middle-aged
girlcat hung on with all 20 claws to my right trouser-leg at thigh level!

ROFL!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 17th 06, 04:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

wafflycat wrote:
Francis looked at me, yawned, ignored rat and rat ignored Francis.

snip

Marble meowed pathetically and nose-touched Francis. Francis yawned.
Both ignored the rat and the rat ignored them.

snip

The Mighty Huntress stretched, yawned and then wound herself round my
legs. The Mighty Huntress ignored the rat and the rat gave me the finger.

LOL! Tell the lazy so-and-sos their Anti Marina is very disappointed in
them (and then give them all a scritch from me).

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 17th 06, 09:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

dnr wrote:

Long ago, I singlehandedly dispatched a large rat with a broom handle
while he had spreadeagled himself in my toilet in a "last-stand"
maneuver (if you can picture that)...flushing didn't work; he was too
big; it was just
giving him a shower in there....he was glaring at me the whole time. I
was forced to use brute force - shall we say, as they do autopsy-wise,
he was killed by "blunt trauma". All this battle while my middle-aged
girlcat hung on with all 20 claws to my right trouser-leg at thigh
level!

LOL, count the claws, there only eighteen, unless the cat is a polydactyl.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old March 17th 06, 10:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

dnr wrote:
Long ago, I singlehandedly dispatched a large rat with a broom handle
while he had spreadeagled himself in my toilet in a "last-stand"
maneuver (if you can picture that)...flushing didn't work; he was too
big; it was just
giving him a shower in there....he was glaring at me the whole time. I
was forced to use brute force - shall we say, as they do autopsy-wise,
he was killed by "blunt trauma". All this battle while my middle-aged
girlcat hung on with all 20 claws to my right trouser-leg at thigh
level!

LOL, count the claws, there only eighteen, unless the cat is a polydactyl.
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Heh, of course you're right, Adrian, she only had 4 on rear paws....it
felt, as I recall, like 50 or so digging into my leg at the time. We did
have a Hemingway recently (now RB) polydactyl but she had 6 toes
on each front paw and only 5 on the back ones. That cat of the rat
saga was also terrified of large palmetto bugs....which were much
less effort to get rid of.

Tracing Cat Evolution with DNA Dick Peavey Cat health & behaviour 1 January 6th 06 11:14 PM
Cat fox species? Karen Cat anecdotes 2 December 6th 05 07:37 PM
Christmas gift for the wild cats Pat Cat anecdotes 4 December 30th 04 02:23 PM
Distressing Article Phil P. Cat health & behaviour 2 December 15th 04 12:51 AM
Bush and his cronies to wipe out all endangered species... -L. Cat health & behaviour 44 October 15th 03 05:46 AM