depressed.. need inspiring stories about successfully introducing new cat

Old February 12th 04, 11:28 AM
RW

Default depressed.. need inspiring stories about successfully introducing new cat

i believe i have failed at introducing my new cat arwen into the
household (has one existing cat). too depressed to give the
details now but i'm starting all over again as of today. would like
to check if any of you have
posted long, detailed success stories about introducing a new cat to a
one-cat household, something
like a day by day diary, OR if you know of a site that has such
detailed guides. i have read articles
about inroducing cats but they are generally brief and i believe i
followed the instructions properly
(vanilla, rubbing with towl, keeping apart, short supervised visits,
etc). i now am going to start
all over again, having done more research, and adding feliway (which i
didn't have before), but am hoping for
inspiring stories to read and encourage me as i start from the
beginning again. if you've posted your story before, could you please
post
the name of your cat so i can look it up in google groups? thanks..
Old February 12th 04, 01:34 PM
andr0meda

I am one who tried very hard and didn't make it. I know a few here will be
annoyed at me 'coming out'; but the truth is, sometimes it isn't worth
trying. However, I did find a great 'substitute' cat-family to adopt the
subjects in mind, and everyone is HAPPY)
After all, it is the cat's well-being, not our attitudes that matter.
Andr0

om...

Old February 12th 04, 02:53 PM
MaryL

"RW" wrote in message
om...
i believe i have failed at introducing my new cat arwen into the
household (has one existing cat). too depressed to give the
details now but i'm starting all over again as of today. would like
to check if any of you have
posted long, detailed success stories about introducing a new cat to a
one-cat household, something
like a day by day diary, OR if you know of a site that has such
detailed guides.

I wrote a fairly lengthy description introducing Duffy to Holly. It might
include information that would help you. Let me know if you would like me
to send it to you via e-mail.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (Introducing Duffy to Holly)
http://tinyurl.com/8y56 (Duffy and Holly "settle in")

Old February 12th 04, 03:15 PM
MaryL

I decided to send the document I mentioned before I leave for work. I used
the e-mail address posted with your message. However, my message bounced
back with a "delivery failed" message. I will be happy to send it again
after I return home this evening if you will send a valid address to me. My
address linked to this message is valid except that you will need to
*take-out-the-litter* first.

MaryL

Old February 12th 04, 03:34 PM
MaryL

Once again, I should have read more carefully. The "message failure" I
received says that my document is too long for your box or your box is too
full. I suspect it is the latter because I have mailed this same document
to other hotmail users. Please send e-mail telling me how you would like to
receive the document (if you want it). I'll check back this evening.

Above all, don't give up on your kitty. You simply need to commit time and
patience and work through this slowly. I can see a real sense of
companionship between my two furbabies now.

MaryL