Amber doesn't feel well

Old February 8th 05, 06:16 PM
---MIKE---

Default Amber doesn't feel well

Amber went to the vet yesterday for her rabies and distemper shots.
This morning she didn't want her breakfast and she is sleeping all day.
I assume this is not unusual so I'm not too concerned. Any comments?

---MIKE---

Old February 8th 05, 06:56 PM
Cat Protector

I think after the shots it is not that unusual for the body to adjust to
them. Is Amber at least drinking water and using the litterbox? If she
hasn't eaten since yesterday try feeding her a little canned with tuna.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

Old February 8th 05, 07:03 PM
Mary

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Amber went to the vet yesterday for her rabies and distemper shots.
This morning she didn't want her breakfast and she is sleeping all day.
I assume this is not unusual so I'm not too concerned. Any comments?

It is not at all unusual. Cheeks is grumpy and whiny and has
a warm nose for three days after her shots, esp. if one is
rabies and she gets more than one. Makes me feel terrible.

Old February 8th 05, 07:04 PM
Holly

Purrs that Amber is up and purring like her old self soon. Its
unfortunate that the things we have to do to keep them well sometimes
make them feel bad too. its a no win situation.
Sasha, Pheniox and Isabella sending purrs and nose rubs to.

Old February 8th 05, 07:46 PM
Rhonda

Some get a fever from the distemper pack -- our kittens all were sick
for a day. They felt much better the next, though.

Rhonda

Old February 8th 05, 08:28 PM

Amber went to the vet yesterday for her
rabies and distemper shots. This morning
she didn't want her breakfast and she is
sleeping all day. I assume this is not
unusual so I'm not too concerned. Any
comments?

Next time, which should be no sooner than three years, space the
vaccines out. You could do rabies, then wait six months and do the
distemper. Vaccinating a cat with multiple vaccines puts a real burden
on a cat and can make them very ill.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old February 8th 05, 08:30 PM

One time Sugar really didn't rebound
from her annuals

Why are you vaccinating annually (and unnecessarily)? Annual vaccines
are overkill and the vaccine protocols have been different for awhile
now.

Old February 8th 05, 09:05 PM
Karen

wrote in message
One time Sugar really didn't rebound
from her annuals

Why are you vaccinating annually (and unnecessarily)? Annual vaccines
are overkill and the vaccine protocols have been different for awhile
now.

Megan

I call it annuals but it's really more like 3 years and she hasn't had any
since the last time when she got ill. She is due for a rabies (several
months now) but that may be the only shot I get her (by law, have to have
it, though they have not hunted me down or anything.) Unfortunately, it was
most likely the rabies she reacted to. Yikes. It was just a turn of phrase.
Sorry.

Old February 8th 05, 09:10 PM
Mary

wrote in message
Amber went to the vet yesterday for her
rabies and distemper shots. This morning
she didn't want her breakfast and she is
sleeping all day. I assume this is not
unusual so I'm not too concerned. Any
comments?

Next time, which should be no sooner than three years, space the
vaccines out. You could do rabies, then wait six months and do the
distemper. Vaccinating a cat with multiple vaccines puts a real burden
on a cat and can make them very ill.

I have to agree. I will never get Cheeks all of her
shots in one day again. Her recovery period is long,
and then there is just having her endure the shots
themselves. She does not make a sound by writhes
and shakes. It's terrible.