More Smokey Tails

Old September 15th 04, 04:03 PM
O J

Default More Smokey Tails

Hi All,

I thought he had stopped this behavior, but I just heard from DH the
other day that he still occasionally uses "The Paw". It must be going
on two years that he hurt himself tearing aroundthe place like a
madman. At that time, he would legitimately lift one of his front
paws to keep the weight off it as he stood still.

Of course, this got him extra notice and "poor kittys". He, as
animals will do, associated the gesture with extra attention he got.
The behavior won him numerous kitty treats as well as the attention.

Now, when he just *has* to have that extra helping of gooshy food, and
nothing else has worked, "The Paw" will be exhibited to DH (I don't
get shown "The Paw", as I don't feed the kitties).

I hate to seem to be picking on my little man. It's just so cute
though to see him try to pull a fast one. You can almost see the tiny
wheels turning in his furry little head.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

PS: There's another little habit he has. When he has to yawn, he'll
often take the opportunity to emit one of his patented "Wow's". The
little character will wait till his mouth is already open to save
himself the trouble of opening it just to let out a, "Here I am"
announcement.

Old September 15th 04, 08:10 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:03:27 GMT, O J wrote:

[...]

Reminds me of a german shepherd type d*g we had some 40 odd years ago.
When he was about a year old we brought his half sister to join the
family, and he developed a terrible limp. After a couple trips to TED
to try to find the cause, we ended up leaving him with TED overnight.
Next day we got the call to come pick him up, and when they brought
him in from the kennel area he came bounding forward to greet us.
Halfway to us you could almost see the light bulb come on over his
devious head, as he suddenly starting limping. Once he realized the
jig was up, he abandoned the limp.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Speaking of tails LOL Cat anecdotes 5 August 12th 04 10:00 PM
Pics of Jake and Lightning (now Smokey) Cheryl Cat anecdotes 12 December 26th 03 01:57 AM
Pulling tails Leah Lidtorf Cat anecdotes 18 November 4th 03 03:24 PM