Unwelcome visitor

Old December 22nd 10, 07:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

Default Unwelcome visitor

what i wantsa know iz... ifin ursef iz stampin liksa skunk dija spray it???
OEJ, inqwirin kittes wantsa know
"Mosey =^..^=" wrote in message
ai lurned gnot tew twy n uze da spell chexer wen ai speek en 'Catspeak or
Meowchat'. Nope. Luvz, Mosey

"Granby" Dat blastedz spell choker done tried at change my message again.
OF TO
ready to stomp on the keys.
"Granby" ...
Yepper, it smella like what hoomanz kallz raw sewage Anna an ammonia
farms crossed. Burns ad eyes Anna up usually huff to frown ad kilos
away if it gets on itself. If it glitz on a kitty, it takes all sordtz
of stuff ta make da smell go way and u dont get any pettinkz till it
goez away.

On 2010-12-21 2:06 PM, Amelia T Cat wrote:
I don't think they carry anything you can catch without being bitten,
so
I just keep my distance.

That is correct. They are one of the primary carriers of rabies in the
US, but it's their saliva that carries it. If you don't get bitten by
them they can't make you sick.

The smell, on the other hand...

Amelia

It is absolutely unbelievable. We have no skunks on our island, but of
course I knew of them all my life and thought that they just produced a
bad smell.

Then, on one of my trips to an area with skunks we passed - in a car,
not on foot, so we were only partially and very briefly exposed - a
deceased skunk that had evidently tried to deal with a traffic accident
in a classic skunk manner.

For those who have never encountered a skunk, 'bad' doesn't begin to
describe the smell that they can produce.

--
Cheryl

On 2010-12-21 2:06 PM, Amelia T Cat wrote:
[...]

Unwelcome visitor Mishi[_2_] Cat anecdotes 8 December 19th 10 05:43 AM
A visitor BfloPolska Cat anecdotes 8 August 5th 10 10:24 PM
A visitor Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 March 1st 10 04:08 PM
A visitor Adrian A Cat anecdotes 4 November 9th 07 11:44 PM
Yet another visitor jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 April 2nd 07 01:37 AM