Happy Birthday Mom!

Old January 29th 07, 10:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Happy Birthday Mom!

My mother is 81 today. (Don't worry, I'll call her at a respectable hour!)
Thank goodness she's in good health and sounds relatively happy when we
talk. This will sound rather cheesy but hey, I'm still out of work... I
found a silk nightgown in my closet which is one size too small for me (she
weighs about 85 lbs) and sent it to her for her birthday. She's still
wearing a polyester "satin" one I gave her back in 1980! My motto: you're
never too old to wear something that makes you feel pretty

OB Cats: She and my dad get tickled watching the neighbors black cats
cavorting around the yard next door. Dad always claimed to hate cats. He
claimed to hate dogs. Now, he asks, "How's the kitty?" when we talk. I
gather old age either mellows you or turns you into a curmudgeon.

Unfortunately, where they live it's probably not a good idea to have outdoor
cats. There are signs posted near any water: "Please Do Not Feed the
Alligators". They could also get run over by golf carts if they venture out
on the road or the golf course. Fortunately, the neighbors' cats seem to
stay right by the house.

Jill

Old January 29th 07, 12:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Happy purrday to your mother, purrs that she has many more to come.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old January 29th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Today would be my brother's 67th birthday. I was feeling kind of down when
the reminder came up on my calendar a little while ago.

Your post about your mother enjoying her 81st birthday made me feel a whole
lot better for some reason. Now I can think of today as a happy birthday
for someone.

Jo

A birthday cat Joy Cat anecdotes 0 September 9th 06 08:10 PM
A birthday cat mlbriggs Cat anecdotes 0 September 9th 06 06:20 PM
Happy Birthday Kami! Elizabeth Blake Cat health & behaviour 6 April 4th 05 06:43 PM
Happy Birthday Hazel Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 13 August 25th 03 12:25 PM