Please help the mystery cat

Old February 26th 04, 06:29 AM
Lotte

"mooninpappa" wrote in message ...
I have already spent over $700 on his rescue!

Goodness me!
Where do live old duck?
As you are a star, and a whole some good and kind person.
I'll send you a few quid to ease the expenses a little. Seriously.

Wow! I'm amazed that you'd offer to help me, someone you don't even
know. How generous of you. I'm very touched -- I could use the
money, but I just can't accept, knowing that (probably all of) you are
likely spending your funds on helping your own rescues. I will make
ends meet somehow... hopefully this little fellow will find a home
before I'm completely broke. Bless you for offering!
Old February 26th 04, 02:46 PM
Sherry

I wonder whether they have a room for cats with catitudes...I have one
whose latest passion is tipping over the ribbit dishes full of water.
She has ruined the hardwood floor in the bedroom. We have to make sure
all the water dishes are in the shower when Vixen pays a call upstairs.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats

But, Sharon, those are the cats that are most personable!! I am "catsitting"
right now for a young cat who is absolutely hell on wheels. He's a MESS. Scales
the door facings, jumps straight up in the air & flips for *no reason*. Never
walks--he just tears through the house like a bat outta hell. He walks around
with perpetual "puffy tail'' and that sideways stance. I admit I'll be glad
when his "daddy" picks him up. But it's been fun and really made me aware how
*different* their own little personalities are.

Sherry --- Wondering if there's a kitty-version of ADHD?
Old February 26th 04, 09:55 PM
Sharon Talbert

Actually, I was joking, about sending Vixen to Best Friends.

She is a fantastic cat: highly intelligent (therefore easily bored and
creative), confident (substitute aggressive), large (bully). I would love
her as an only cat. But our household is not a good place for her to be.

Right now, we are working on behavior modification. When she chases one
of the fraidy cats, she has to go downstairs. When she tips over a water
dish and rolls it around the room, she goes downstairs. (Usually, I put
the water bowls in the bathtub.) I have learned not to pick her up and
put her downstairs unless done very gently (she recently blackened an eye
and pierced a vein in my wrist over a matter of four days). I am
beginning to suspect she has had some physical abuse that sets her off
easily. (Vixen is a former pet, not feral-born.) She is so intelligent
that when she mishehaves all I have to do as a rule is open the basement
door and point the way.

What a character...!

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats