The Nutrition Thing.

Old August 23rd 03, 03:05 AM
Kalyahna

Default The Nutrition Thing.

Alright. I admit it. I don't know much of anything about feline nutrition.
I never knew that canned food was better than the dry.
And I was happy that my cats (and all of my fosters) love the Nutro Max, but
now I'm reading from a lot of poster here that it's not as good as it used
to be.

So, educate me. I'm asking for the exceptionally knowledgeable people to go
to town on this one. What are the best foods out there? I do have serious
pet stores around here, so I don't need grocery store foods.

What's the best dry food, and what makes it better? The same for canned. Is
chunk or ground better, or does it matter? How do I keep them from making a
horrible, horrible mess (they tend to lick up the gravy and spread the bits
all over)? How much is the right amount, for dry and canned? Megan has
experience with multiple cats, so perhaps she'd be willing to tell me how
best to feed them when separating them entirely is not possible? What do I
do with what they don't eat? How long is too long to leave it out?

Thanks ahead of time.

-Kal

Aha! I finally have pics of the whole lot (of fosters).

http://brynne.warp1.net/Kal/maddie.jpg
http://brynne.warp1.net/Kal/elmo.jpg
http://brynne.warp1.net/Kal/malcolm.jpg
http://brynne.warp1.net/Kal/lucy.jpg (Just waiting on another potential
adopter!)
http://brynne.warp1.net/Kal/peaches.jpg

Old August 23rd 03, 12:41 PM
Alison

Hi ,
I feed my cat canned food as she can't have dried. If I could I would
feed a mixture of both . But all foods have preservers and additives
unless you cook fresh meat or use the BARF diet (raw).
There's a bit about it here
http://www.messybeast.com/cat-food-industry.htm

Alison
Links to animal information websites